Scariest Sci-Fi Movie

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one I nominate is Event Horizon. It's an older movie now, but was influenced by the the movies Alien and The Shining. The movie's special effects are from the late 90's, so keep that in mind. Oh, and don't eat a big meal before watching it if you get queasy at the sight of blood.

I have been a fan of horror movies for many years, but this combination of sci-fi and horror together is something that gives me the shivers after the movie is over, if it is well done. Help me out and give me some ideas of movies to watch in this specific sub category. Let me list the ones of which I know.....

1. Event Horizon
2. Alien
3. The Thing
4. Alien II
5. Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have never been into horror movies. But years ago when Alien first came out it was pretty damn good, and pretty damn scary. I don’t think I’ve seen any others that had the same effect on me.

Tano

Legend
I still say The Thing is the best horror movie of all time.

Scared the crap out of me too.

Event Horizon - I just could not understand anything that was going on so I was more confused than scared

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
The Meg…because it makes it seem so possible.

I also thought Underwater was pretty awesome.

As you can see…deep ocean scares the shit out of me

Tano

Legend
Signs is great.

One of my sons thinks Dark Skies is terrifying. It is good too.
Signs Signs everywhere Signs

Sorry I went off on a tangent there

But I have to disagree with you on Signs

An alien invasion where water is death to them and the planet is covered by 3/4 water and it rains and they don't have suits to protect them. Heck - it would have been better if their heads exploded from the song "When I am Calling You".

Sorry just the dumbest aliens in the universe that can traverse the galaxy.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Signs Signs everywhere Signs

Sorry I went off on a tangent there

But I have to disagree with you on Signs

An alien invasion where water is death to them and the planet is covered by 3/4 water and it rains and they don't have suits to protect them

Sorry just the dumbest aliens in the universe that can traverse the galaxy

They couldn't figure out how to use a doorknob either. LOL

In Dark Skies they have every fucking thing figured out.

Tano

Legend
But back onto scary sci fi movies.

Galaxy Quest freaked me the heck out. That love scene was just not right.

thats-not-right-galaxyquest.gif

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I fucking loved The Thing. Alien and Predator were good as well, but The Thing is my all-time favorite because of the psychological aspects of it. Not knowing whom to trust, paranoia, etc. That's the kind of stuff I'm writing.

Also, I know it's not a movie, but Dead Space is an excellent Sci-Fi/horror game. I only played the first game because it was all I could handle; that's how scary it was. Of course, playing it at night didn't help.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alien scared the actual fuck out of me. Granted the age I saw it at has a lot to do with that but it is the one that sticks out in my mind. Most scary movie are just gore or over dramatized tension anymore.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Meg…because it makes it seem so possible.

I also thought Underwater was pretty awesome.

As you can see…deep ocean scares the shit out of me
So there is something scary about large creatures moving around in the dark depths....Rushing quickly from beneath towards your churning feet on the surface.....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t know if it qualifies as scary but Species was for sure a good watch.
Natasha Henstridge…

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I gave my thread winner to Event Horizon, but also check out The Descent.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The one I nominate is Event Horizon. It's an older movie now, but was influenced by the the movies Alien and The Shining. The movie's special effects are from the late 90's, so keep that in mind. Oh, and don't eat a big meal before watching it if you get queasy at the sight of blood.

I have been a fan of horror movies for many years, but this combination of sci-fi and horror together is something that gives me the shivers after the movie is over, if it is well done. Help me out and give me some ideas of movies to watch in this specific sub category. Let me list the ones of which I know.....

1. Event Horizon
2. Alien
3. The Thing
4. Alien II
5. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Like this list, mine is very much the same:

1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
2. The Thing
3. Alien
4. Aliens
5. Blade Runner

I know Blade Runner isn't at all a "horror" movie, but but it's sure effective at provoking a mood of dystopian dread.

Honorable mention:
Prometheus
The Fly
Altered States
Get Out
A Quiet Place

Haven't ever seen Event Horizon, but I'll check it out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like this list, mine is very much the same:

1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
2. The Thing
3. Alien
4. Aliens
5. Blade Runner

I know Blade Runner isn't at all a "horror" movie, but but it's sure effective at provoking a mood of dystopian dread.

Honorable mention:
Prometheus
The Fly
Altered States
Get Out
A Quiet Place

Haven't ever seen Event Horizon, but I'll check it out.
One small bit of warning about Event Horizon. Understand that it was a craft meant to travel into. a different dimension, as well as space travel…. And that dimension is demonic……

I have not seen Prometheus, Get Out, or A Quiet Place. Sounds like I have some watching to do myself!

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My favorites have already been pointed out. I'd like to add a few so if you guys haven't seen them yet, go check them out.

1. Cloverfield
2. The Faculty
3. Mimic
4. Hollow Man

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shutter Island is excellent psychological horror. Definitely worth a watch one time.