SB Jet Sweep didn't go smoothly in practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
He may have been able to make it to the corner depending on the block on the edge but the defender who shot the gap really had no chance unless Kupp decided to run into him. It was very dramatic but he was toast, all he could do is wave as Kupp went by.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
This was a super gutzy call as I have mentioned before I have seen this play blown up a bunch but the execution was very quick out of the slot the handoff was almost immediate so the defense had less time to react. Also handing to Kupo who isn't the fastest was a risk. But in defense of this play what was smart is we didn't risk throwing the ball. By handing it off the play continues so from that angle it was smart.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Rams couldn't run the ball well. You can see the Bengals were playing pass on that play. They assumed it was a play fake, i.e. more eye candy. McVay was counting on that surprise factor. It was probably his best call of the night but it wasn't the only one.

On the goal line on that last drive. Stafford's dive against a stacked box seemed to make no sense. I'm sure McVay told Stafford to run the play regardless of how the Bengals play it. It set up the next play in which McVay specifically aligned Kupp as the Z receiver. This gave him a two-way break and the previous play forced the Bengals to again play the run. The minute I saw Kupp in single coverage out there I knew the pass was to him and it was going to be a game winning TD.

Two calls showed me that McVay learned from his previous SB loss. It was his turn to outcoach the first-time SB coach across the field. It was clear Sean did not intend to lose again due to being outcoached. It's going to make McVay very hard to beat in the next Super Bowl regardless of who they play.