SB Jet Sweep didn't go smoothly in practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
They were originally going to run that play where Billy Bob runs around like he's lost and then they pitch the ball to him.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Money play for sure, glad they executed.

And we've all been tough on Hopkins, but man he did a great job of clearing out is guy on his blocking assignment for that play.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
McVay calling that play...

1655933205598.png

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fortune favors the bold
and mocks the foolish

The second part is my own addendum from personal experience

TexasRam

Legend
It was the most insane call I can remember.

My thought process during the play:

Mcvay you Fing idiot…

Yes!! Perfect play call there.

If Kupp doesn’t feel the lane exactly as he did we likely lose the Super Bowl. Just insane.

I am sure a big reason for the call was Mcvay had complete trust in Kupp who is off the charts on Football IQ and instincts.

TexasRam

Legend
Money play for sure, glad they executed.

And we've all been tough on Hopkins, but man he did a great job of clearing out is guy on his blocking assignment for that play.
True that. Hopkins game matured at just the right time for him to executed perfectly in the biggest game.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Watching it back, it looks like the play is supposed to go to the outside but the Bengal defender forced Hopkins to push him outside so Kupp made the heads up to cut it inside even with Bell shooting the gap. Kupp showcasing his quicks and smarts! Just amazing!

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
There was no way our RBs were going to pick up that one yard, the way the game was going. Just put the ball in the hands of your best player, and hope for the best. Balls.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Watching it back, it looks like the play is supposed to go to the outside but the Bengal defender forced Hopkins to push him outside so Kupp made the heads up to cut it inside even with Bell shooting the gap. Kupp showcasing his quicks and smarts! Just amazing!
Could you imagine the gain of he did make it outside? Looks like it could have been a lot, but maybe that's the optimism and wishful thinking talking.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Could you imagine the gain of he did make it outside? Looks like it could have been a lot, but maybe that's the optimism and wishful thinking talking.
Nah he wasn’t going that far unless we’re playing Madden on Rookie.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Abigail part of that plays success was Kupps great instinct and lack of hesitation