CAMP REPORT Saturday July 27 Camp Reports

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’m feeling Stoops may have something the Rams want to keep on their 53 man roster. Like an Amendola?

Honestly, I'm liking Wiglusz more than Stoops. I could very well be wrong, but Wiggy just fits what this team mentality embodies. Walked on at Ohio State (not even preferred, a two-star recruit), stayed for multiple years, got in few games after paying his dues, transferred to Ohio, had two amazing seasons, two-time First Team MAC.

As good as Stoops was at Oklahoma, he was a preferred walk-on. Wiglusz had absolutely nothing given to him, and still made it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Stafford finds that sweet spot to throw to and let Tutu go get its gonna be unstoppable. Seems Tutu always has to slow down a bit to wait on the ball.
Yeah I think it has a lot to do with his arm strength coming down just a tad. Which I think is making him a better decision maker overall. But Stafford 5 years ago could flick a ball and overthrow even Tutu haha

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Are there any UDFAs standing out that we may not know about? I know for example a super long shot to make the team is someone like JJ Laap or even Kenny Logan Jr?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Did VRF change his name after the lack of Booty and Boobie pics from the last practice?
Honestly, not really any thing to write home about this camp. to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna try and get seats at the top of the stands so can look over with binocs at the baseball field where the tickets are. Maybe see some kickoff reps
Let us know if you see Belechick up there.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good day at LMU, nice weather, big crowd. The field is laid out with all the white lines and hash marks. Didn't have that before. Guys came out early, Stafford again the first one out on the field. Finally some special team stuff. Kyren Williams, Xavier Smith and Wiglazs fielding punts to start out with punt machine, did more later with Evans and long snapper with D rushing. Evans punting 50 plus yds with huge hang time. hitting both corners. Big plus for ST,
Players came out in shorts and shells with the rubber caps on their helmets so we know there's going to be contact. the rest of the team came out and did their regular stretching and calisthenics, then separated into position groups
Everyone dressed and practicing except Kobie Turner and Darious Williams, niether on the field. New guy Jacobs wearing #4, he did the stretching but didn't see the field.
Drills included RB's and QB's practicing handoffs, WR's taking short passes, LB's DB's batting balls from coaches.
Offense then worked without D, who all disappeared to the baseball field. O worked on snapping and handoffs with RB hitting different holes, Then QB to WR TE on short passes.
An hour then the fun stuff. 11 on 11. No notable changes on pecking order. OL still Jackson, Jackson, Avila, Dotson, Big Rob. 2nd O Larson (first time at LT he looked OK) McAlister, Limmer, Bruss (he's holding up) and Noteboom.
Defense still a mixed bag. 1st team (no Turner, sore big toe), Young, Hoecht, Brown Fisk Druden, Verse. 2nd team mixed bag, but mostly Brennan Jackson, Druden, Davis, Desean Johnson. The 2nd team had a lot of substitutions, Muchison, Kier Thomas, Vanvalkenburg, Olajiga all got snaps. Backfield was a mixed bag also. Jones, and Durrant looked really good today.Hummell and Reeder mainly ILB, I saw Speights in with 2nd team a few times. Lake, Durant, White, Curl, Johnson, Kinchens, Yeast Tomlinson all saw work. Curl, White and Durrant looked really good today.
Both sides are playing 11 on 11 really hard. Some really good football. Still not in pads so still tough to tell how good each side is. Hearing pads might go on Monday.
As to standouts in 11 on 11, Stafford is slinging the ball around, sidearming it over the middle to Puca, long balls to AtWell and Johnson (my vote for most improved from last year), Kupp, Nacua, Robinson, Johnson, Atwell and now Xavier Smith making plays.
TE Parkinson and Allen look good. Michael Hoecht got a sack.
They brought in the goal posts and practiced field goals. First from the 30, then the 40, then 50. Karty made all but wide right from the 40. Tanner Brown made all three. Good snaps and good holds. Kicking game looks OK.

My standouts today: Bobby Brown looks tough in the middle and doesn't look gassed after couple series. He was still in there at the end. (about 50 min) Cam Curl is a steal. Not gonna miss Fuller. White looks full participation. Brennan Jackson Tyler Davis much needed depth on DL.
Tyler Johnson several chatches and a TD again today. He's heading up the WR depth chart. Rams with some tough decisions on WR. They're 7 deep. This team looks the most complete of any I've seen at TC. Rams are gonna win games.

All for now. Post more after VeteranRamFan posts his pics. I'm sure I'll remember more later and post when I do. Off tomorrow. Hopefully pads Monday so we can get a real feel for this team. I still worry about this D stopping the run.

Time for a cold one.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Yeah I think it has a lot to do with his arm strength coming down just a tad. Which I think is making him a better decision maker overall. But Stafford 5 years ago could flick a ball and overthrow even Tutu haha
Well, if Stafford did not still have the ability to throw that ball 30 yards over Tutu head you might have a point.
He still has a cannon, took about 10 feet off that throw, slightly under thrown so no big deal.
Dude just barely miss a perfect throw but still got the completion.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if Stafford did not still have the ability to throw that ball 30 yards over Tutu head you might have a point.
He still has a cannon, took about 10 feet off that throw, slightly under thrown so no big deal.
Dude just barely miss a perfect throw but still got the completion.
He still has a cannon no doubt. I also think it isn't going on a limb to say it's not the same arm as 5 years ago.

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
So are Rozeboom/Hummel/Reeder fighting for the second ILB spot next to Ernest Jones?

Have you seen Nick Hampton get snaps at ILB yet? :biggrin:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Honestly, I'm liking Wiglusz more than Stoops. I could very well be wrong, but Wiggy just fits what this team mentality embodies. Walked on at Ohio State (not even preferred, a two-star recruit), stayed for multiple years, got in few games after paying his dues, transferred to Ohio, had two amazing seasons, two-time First Team MAC.

As good as Stoops was at Oklahoma, he was a preferred walk-on. Wiglusz had absolutely nothing given to him, and still made it.
You know more about him than his own agent. :)

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They're 7 deep. This team looks the most complete of any I've seen at TC.
31%C3%A7eken-kurba%C4%9Fa-31.gif

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
He still has a cannon no doubt. I also think it isn't going on a limb to say it's not the same arm as 5 years ago.
I still think he has just about as good a arm as any QB in the NFL, right now.
Almost every time we see him he seems makes throws that are ridiculous.
He could overthrow any WR in football.
Dude is a freak.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still think he has just about as good a arm as any QB in the NFL, right now.
Almost every time we see him he seems makes throws that are ridiculous.
He could overthrow any WR in football.
Dude is a freak.
Yep. Challenge with Tutu is his size and microscopic catch radius. Try to throw a ball into a 33 gallon trash can about 20 yards away, putting an arc on it. Then do it with a kitchen sized trash can. Or a bucket. Not to mention someone taller near him makes that even harder.

It ain't arm strength. Though I do think Stafford's arm gets tired during the season at times. Maybe tendonitis idk. Little tennis elbow or something. But I would guess he's still got a better arm than many of the league's QB1s.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. Challenge with Tutu is his size and microscopic catch radius. Try to throw a ball into a 33 gallon trash can about 20 yards away, putting an arc on it. Then do it with a kitchen sized trash can. Or a bucket. Not to mention someone taller near him makes that even harder.

It ain't arm strength. Though I do think Stafford's arm gets tired during the season at times. Maybe tendonitis idk. Little tennis elbow or something. But I would guess he's still got a better arm than many of the league's QB1s.

Just put it out in front of him and let him go get it. It's not rocket science.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just put it out in front of him and let him go get it. It's not rocket science.

I think that is in fact what the Rams do. And why he has to adjust under the ball usually, which annoys some of the faithful.