Sapp on Suh: "He's a blind dog in a meat house."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
o3nYifR.png

By Kareem Copeland | Around the League Writer
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000132690/article/warren-sapp-criticizes-detroit-lions-ndamukong-suh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... mukong-suh</a>

Warren Sapp continues to go in on Ndamukong Suh.

The NFL Network analyst has been one of Suh's most vocal critics, and that continued Tuesday. Sapp said both the San Francisco 49ers and the St. Louis Rams ran at the Detroit Lions defensive tackle this season -- and that's unacceptable.

"I am dumbfounded. You lead that defense and they are running the ball right at you?" Sapp said, via the Detroit News. "I want to see that game where they ran at Mean Joe Greene, where they ran at me or at any hog on that front line. You run away from us.

"They run at him because he's a blind dog in a meat house."

I still haven't figured out the Sapp-Suh beef. Former players are hired as analysts to give a perspective only gained from playing the game at a high level. That's his job. But there always seems to be a Suh-doesn't-do-what-I-did element.

"Players today, when somebody don't agree with how they play or with what they're doing, it's hate and it has to be personal," Sapp said. "The last time I checked, I played the three-technique, defensive tackle position pretty well. And now I'm an analyst.

"I don't think I ever said anything about his (auto) accident. I didn't say anything about him stepping on a man two Thanksgivings in a row. I am just looking at his technique and seeing the same things. Until he evolves, I'm going to keep saying the same things."

Sapp knows the position, and he has a point. Suh hasn't dominated like he did as a rookie in the two seasons since. He had 10 sacks in 2010 and a combined 12 in 2011 to 2012. Suh posted 66 tackles as a rookie and recorded 71 over the next two years.

The issue with Sapp is that his analysis gets lost in the all the noise surrounding it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yup. Sapp is right.

I'm not saying Suh is a bad player... but I drove through Detroit after Thanksgiving weekend and the talk media was saying he's "over rated", "doesn't play the run well", "probably not worth what his next contract might hype to", and "can't be trusted to stay clean". Or, something to that extent.

They listed (I think) 3 other players more deserving of the franchise deep dollars; Stafford, Megatron, and one other I can't remember.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
Yup. Sapp is right.

I'm not saying Suh is a bad player... but I drove through Detroit after Thanksgiving weekend and the talk media was saying he's "over rated", "doesn't play the run well", "probably not worth what his next contract might hype to", and "can't be trusted to stay clean". Or, something to that extent.

They listed (I think) 3 other players more deserving of the franchise deep dollars; Stafford, Megatron, and one other I can't remember.
Probably Fairley.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
Yup. Sapp is right.

Probably Fairley.

I don't think it was Fairley.

Maybe Louis Delmas.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
Yup. Sapp is right.

Probably Fairley.

I don't think it was Fairley.

Maybe Louis Delmas.
Maybe they're all worth a dime.

…..

Legend
I like the quote "blind dog in a meat house"..thats pretty clever, and fairly accurate.

But i basicly think Sapp is an idiot.

Theres two former players I cant stand to watch....Michael Irvin and to a lesser degree, Warren Sapp. I usually go to the refrigerator for a beer during thier segments.

jap

Legend
The Dog said:
I like the quote "blind dog in a meat house"..thats pretty clever, and fairly accurate.

Theres two former players I cant stand to watch....Michael Irvin and to a lesser degree, Warren Sapp. I usually go to the refrigerator for a beer during thier segments.

You ought to have compassion on the retired players. Michael is a recovering narcotics abuser (at least I think he's recovering!). I don't know what Warren's problem is, other than his obvious obsession with continually operating his boca. :ww:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I do agree about Suh.

I think he's a one (or two) trick pony.
That only works for so long in the NFL.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jap said:
The Dog said:

You ought to have compassion on the retired players. Michael is a recovering narcotics abuser (at least I think he's recovering!). I don't know what Warren's problem is, other than his obvious obsession with continually operating his boca. :ww:
Since he "outed" Shockey without proof for bountygate, I've marveled Sapp was even employed.

I predict Suh becomes a perrenial all pro once he grows up,make that IF he grows up