Sam Sloman Appreciation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Announcer was talking about his trajectory being low and could be easily blocked.

Ok, is that coachable? I find it unlikely that the Rams got through the whole of training camp without noticing that?

Give them a chance to get it right before writing off a 22 year old kid.

Psycho_X

Legend
The first miss was horrendous but luckily it didn't cost us the game so I'll give him a pass for now. The other two were quality kicks. Like Collinsworth said, the height on his kicks concern me and his kickoffs weren't the best but adequate. So I'm even keeled on him at the moment. Plenty of football left for him to endear himself to us.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Thats on our offense for sputtering out. We dominated until we hit redzone area. But I dont personally give a shit about giving him a chance. He better fix his shit before next game imo.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So are we also ready to give up on Van Jefferson for missing one that he got both hands on? I mean, he was 50% (1 for 2). Sloman hit the upright on his first NFL Kick. I think that is forgivable. Good lord, he may not have been "Your guy", but give him a fair chance.

P.S. Anything Collinsworth(less) says, just ignore it. He is truly one of the worst announcers. And that is saying something.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was nervous for the first kick - he kicked the shit out of it. Thought he was going to knock down the goal post. Glad he got it out of the way early, rather than late.

I think the shorter kickoffs were game planned. He seemed to have plenty of leg for the others.

He'll be watched more carefully because of it though, so he got his organizational mulligan. The next miss will deserve more scrutiny.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Well technically his first kick was the extra point he made - not the missed FG.
I’ll be generous and say C- grade. That’s on a curve considering he’s a rookie and first game. But we need much more from him (both his kicks and KOs)

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I noticed his plant foot slid a little on that missed FG. That's a fixable problem. He came through when he had to.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
GZ wasn't exactly a given in his rookie year. 74% his rookie year and 72% last year. He also had some head scratching short kick offs. I wanted to keep GZ but moving on.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
After the miss Sloman made me nervous with each kick. Plus the ball was coming off low. Seemed like an effort to make them, but glad he did. I'll settle for the win which was huge, but I really hope he doesn't cost us any games. Been spoiled too long with GZ.

…..

Legend
Appreciation for a rookie kicker?

omgawd what have we become!

This kid should not even be allowed to touch Johnny Heckers shoulder pads yet, let alone carry them.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the miss Sloman made me nervous with each kick. Plus the ball was coming off low. Seemed like an effort to make them, but glad he did. I'll settle for the win which was huge, but I really hope he doesn't cost us any games. Been spoiled too long with GZ.

Collinsworth kept saying that, but outside of the miss, that hit the upright, I didn't see it. Nothing was anywhere close to being blocked. More often than not, the announcers are just talking out of their asses. Collinsworth is one of the worst. He kept going on and on about the OPI, when it was very obviously OPI. Unfortunately, viewers can be, and are swayed by these idiots.

Psycho_X

Legend
I just can’t get how out of place he looks lol. Even for a kicker, looks like the freshman that never plays in high school.

Attachments

• EC5867E4-5A61-47CA-AA69-C8F8C108B5F0.png
    EC5867E4-5A61-47CA-AA69-C8F8C108B5F0.png
    532.2 KB · Views: 109

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW... From what I saw, even though GZs miss was from 53, it looked like it would have missed from 43. Just sayin'

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Do we know if the Rams will stay on the east coast in a bubble for their upcoming road trip @ Philadelphia and @ Buffalo?

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/season-13-the-simpsons-13x20-3orieRZIp9k5kdQZS8

Originally, the NFL said no, but during the Sunday broadcasts, it was put out there that other teams were doing it, so I dunno. I don't remember the team, but they have two away games on the east coast and were gonna stay in West Virginia during the off week.

I dunno, would love clarification.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Announcer was talking about his trajectory being low and could be easily blocked.

yeah but that announcer is worthless.

if it's easily blocked how come none of them were blocked?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He made 4 of 5 kicks, in his first NFL game, on Sunday Night Football stage... at 22yrs old.

At 22, I couldn’t hold my beer yet.

That was a great first game for the rookie. He kicks a nice ball.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
The scrutiny on kickers is intense versus other positions. I can guarantee none of you would be advocating cutting a rookie after a mistake if they played any other position.

Give the kid a minute to settle in, sheesh.

just wondering if that missed kick had cost us the game if posters would feel the same. oh well we win so it is all onward upward right to the big bowl