Sam Sloman Appreciation Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah bouncing back from that first miss is a big deal for him. Can you imagine missing your first FG as a pro? I'd be fuckin pissed. Would probably miss some more after that. :ROFLMAO:

Oh and here's Sloman on the sideline after that miss...

1600062606074.png

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I was going to post a thread about cutting that loser. Imagine missing a 29 yarder, when you are a professional? He shouldn't have won the job in the first place. Not happy with him at all. Oh, and he can't even kick the ball into the end zone on kickoffs? Seriously?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I feared the worst after he missed the first fg but the rest of his kicks never looked like missing. Gut check time for the rookie and he came through with flying colours.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm hoping he got the butterflies out of the way. Next two weeks is the real test, outside, on a long road trip.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Not even a fraction of GZs leg strength, his XPs are middle high in the net

a huge step down I’m afraid

oh well long as he can hit from 48 and in...

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I was going to post a thread about cutting that loser. Imagine missing a 29 yarder, when you are a professional? He shouldn't have won the job in the first place. Not happy with him at all. Oh, and he can't even kick the ball into the end zone on kickoffs? Seriously?

Noticed that too. His kickoffs weren’t great.

They chose the kicker with the most accuracy.

Scouting report:

They probably will be going for it on 4th down if the kick is > 50 yards.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Not even a fraction of GZs leg strength, his XPs are middle high in the net

a huge step down I’m afraid

oh well long as he can hit from 48 and in...
But at least his kicks don't seem to have the unpredictable knuckle curves that GZ seems to have on most kicks. I think he has enough pop that'll show up more as his confidence improves. He'll have to get those kicks more altitude though or we'll see some blocks.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But at least his kicks don't seem to have the unpredictable knuckle curves that GZ seems to have on most kicks. I think he has enough pop that'll show up more as his confidence improves. He'll have to get those kicks more altitude though or we'll see some blocks.

even today i thought every kick by gz was gonna miss. now i know how opposing fans felt like watching him kick. you have hope when it leaves his foot but are then disappointed when it curves back inside the post.

except for the one he missed i think all of sloman's kicks were straight down the middle.

TexasRam

Legend
Yea I don't know if this dude is gonna work out. B+ Come on man. I wish i had that grading scale in high school. Lose 1/3 of my homework and get a B+ lol

Not sure what happen to GZ leg but his ball really moves laterally now, not good.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sloman did come back and he kicked the hell out of the miss field goal, but you can't miss 29 yard field goals, you just can't. I like Meatloaf and his song 2 out of 3 ain't bad, but there is no excuse for the miss and I would have Sloman on a short lease.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Noticed that too. His kickoffs weren’t great.

Sloman kicked the ball out of the end zone on three of his kickoffs the other two were very high and between the 1 & the 5 yard line and that could have been by design. Cowboys returned the first one to the 28 and the second one to the 33, so not that bad IMO.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Did he get picked up by another team? I would sign him now.

Didn't get picked up by another team...I feel they will give Sloman one more game, then reevaluate, there might be some other kickers that were cut, they could look at too.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The scrutiny on kickers is intense versus other positions. I can guarantee none of you would be advocating cutting a rookie after a mistake if they played any other position.

Give the kid a minute to settle in, sheesh.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
The scrutiny on kickers is intense versus other positions. I can guarantee none of you would be advocating cutting a rookie after a mistake if they played any other position.

Give the kid a minute to settle in, sheesh.

Announcer was talking about his trajectory being low and could be easily blocked.