Sam expected to re-sign with Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah it would be a desperation move on Fish's part

hello!!!

clemens, hill, davis, foles, keenum. admittedly the first 3 were due to sam's injuries but he held up well last season while getting absolutely monstered most of the time.

desperate times lead to desperate measures.

if he's the best option go after him and have a better plan b than they did in 2014.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Seems to me that if Philly does not tag Sam he will fully experience FA. I think we can assume that. I also think we can assume the only interest the Rams will have is a 2-3 year deal due to the fact they cannot trust Sam to be healthy and would only be seeking a bridge at QB for the rookie they still have to draft.

The question really is whether any team will throw a longer term deal at Sam. I have to assume that will happen, at least that it is likely. Let's say 75% chance since that seems about right. So in the 25% chance range where Sam does not get the bigger length contract (4-6 years) he will be looking for, the Rams might be a surprise team in the running for his services.

It's a major longshot, but what I'm saying is the more I think about it the more I would not rule it out. There is a relationship there with Fish, who was good to him, probably too good to him in his refusal to bring in competition. There is the allure of LA. There is a rebuilt OL that only gave up 28 sacks last year. There is the best young RB in the league taking handoffs from him. There will be more talent at wideout, finally.

Disclaimer here is that I would not do it and think that ship has sailed. But looking at it objectively I do think it could happen and a QB room of Bradford>Keenum>Rookie would be decent for a year or so until the rook is ready.

Good to see you coming around, Merlin. Lol.

Incidentally, the Rams only gave up an unbelievable 18 sacks last year, not 28.

Foles took 14 and Keenum had only 4. Amazing when you think about it.

Again, I'm not pounding the table for Bradford, exactly.

Just suggesting that he would be a viable "win now" option. And it would make sense on many levels for both Bradford and the Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Has a starting QB ever left a team and came back?

I'm sure it's happened, but I can't think of one.