Saffold ignoring Rams' calls...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
interference said:
The Dude said:
"Maybe he’s traveling and is on his way back.”

Could be....
This is about the media fanning flames. My guess is that there is absolutely nothing to this story. RS is a pro, and will fill whatever role Fish wants.
That's probably closer to the truth than what we're hearing reported. I mean, I can understand if he's a little upset at losing his gig at LT, but he was originally drafted to be the RT anyway.

Exactly, sounds like a tempest in a tea pot. Besides this is off season and if Saffold doesn't wish to discuss it right now, what's the harm?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Put Earnestine on the case

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9e3dTOJi0o[/youtube]

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ramsince62 said:
The Dude said:
interference said:
The Dude said:

Could be....
This is about the media fanning flames. My guess is that there is absolutely nothing to this story. RS is a pro, and will fill whatever role Fish wants.
That's probably closer to the truth than what we're hearing reported. I mean, I can understand if he's a little upset at losing his gig at LT, but he was originally drafted to be the RT anyway.

Exactly, sounds like a tempest in a tea pot. Besides this is off season and if Saffold doesn't wish to discuss it right now, what's the harm?

The harm? From who's perspective ...from the Owner, Snead or Fisher's point of view ??? if you would permit me I could take a few minutes to go over it?
First off ...Sorry Saffold does not have the option of not wanting to discuss it. Its major news in the NFL world. Its been well close to two weeks since very big news of the Jake Long to the Rams began. Final tweaking to the massive Ram draft board is entering the final stages. Having your starting ORT and all important Swing OT out of communications with his employer in a matter that directly affect you (Saffold) is not a positive thing minute by minute that passes where Fisher is floundering without discussions with his & very important player is more like a volcano than a stove teapot.

Every passing hour .....Saffold is loosing a bunch of future money and tarnishes his bright professional career make no mistake Fisher & Snead knows the value that Saffold provides them at this point in time and Saffold could make himself Millions here as a Ram with the proper decision here. Looks to me he has poor guidance thus far in this matter.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
BonifayRam said:
ramsince62 said:
The Dude said:
interference said:
The Dude said:

Could be....

The harm? From who's perspective ...from the Owner, Snead or Fisher's point of view ??? if you would permit me I could take a few minutes to go over it?
First off ...Sorry Saffold does not have the option of not wanting to discuss it. Its major news in the NFL world. Its been well close to two weeks since very big news of the Jake Long to the Rams began. Final tweaking to the massive Ram draft board is entering the final stages. Having your starting ORT and all important Swing OT out of communications with his employer in a matter that directly affect you (Saffold) is not a positive thing minute by minute that passes where Fisher is floundering without discussions with his & very important player is more like a volcano than a stove teapot.

Every passing hour .....Saffold is loosing a bunch of future money and tarnishes his bright professional career make no mistake Fisher & Snead knows the value that Saffold provides them at this point in time and Saffold could make himself Millions here as a Ram with the proper decision here. Looks to me he has poor guidance thus far in this matter.
That's IF Saffold's silence is due to Long annointed the LT. That's IF the comment by Fisher didn't have a purpose (how tight is Fisher usually about internal stuff?). That's IF the media isn't fishing for a story.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
BonifayRam said:
ramsince62 said:
The Dude said:
interference said:
The Dude said:

Could be....

I honestly think this is,a lil overboard. Yes its not kosher to not talk to your boss BUT you have no idea what's truly happening on either saffold or rams side all you have to go on is twitter and the talking heads who absolutly love to overblow issues. Granted I agree saffold is not handling it the right way but I dont believe its as big a issue with fish and Co as you think it is.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm going to say it's "odd to hear a negative quote" from this regime.

I'm thinking Saffold may get traded.

Saffold for Detroit's 2nd rounder. Done.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
CGI_Ram said:

Be nice to have 2 1st and 2 2nds

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The Dude said:
interference said:
The Dude said:

Could be....
Does everyone recall all the bogus reports around the Jake Long signing? Why should this be any diff? We dont have a clue what is going on, if anything.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rabid Ram said:
I honestly think this is,a lil overboard. Yes its not kosher to not talk to your boss BUT you have no idea what's truly happening on either saffold or rams side all you have to go on is twitter and the talking heads who absolutly love to overblow issues. Granted I agree saffold is not handling it the right way but I dont believe its as big a issue with fish and Co as you think it is.

Let me inventory what information I do have. I am not using any talking heads so strike that off, OK I am not using any twitter feeds so strike that off...leaves me statements from the HC of the St Louis Rams among other things. Fisher had made a comment earlier in the year ref. a rumor on Saffold ...Fisher told the press that Saffold was not moving to OLG that Saffold was his OLT. Move on ....Fisher was addressing the press involving Jake Long stuff...question came up on Saffold and their discussion with him....Fisher said the Rams haven't been able to get in touch with Rodger Saffold since signing LT Jake Long, but he was confident the situation will get resolved. That signing was on morning of March 18th. Fisher also said "It's not an issue". That was back on march 18th. GM Snead also said "We'll sit down and discuss that internally with the player and even his agent".

Your right not much real information out there. OK so Fisher has been trying to get in contact with since the 18th today is 30th...13 days since the signing. So Fisher had to tell the truth and let it be know when questioned that Saffold by his actions has not got in contact with his Head Coach as requested. Do you believe that Fisher & Snead enjoyed putting that information out to the NFL world? It that a positive? Let me ask you this do you think that Fisher had not tried to get up with Saffold earlier than that? yes you know that Fisher knew that question on Saffold would come up and as an experienced HC Fisher most likely tried very hard to get in contact with Saffold for a long time just before the signing too...Fisher would not let that important item fall through the cracks either. Fisher did not want to put the Saffold information out be he had too.

If the Ram org did the unthinkable here & did not keep Saffold abreast of their intentions to pursue a new OLT in Jake Long then Saffold may have some reason to be a horses butt when he is to do that face to face with Fisher. I consider that scenario to be highly unlikely but like you said we just don't know.

I feel confident that Fisher has had to handle such situations many times before most but not all have turned out. The Fisher produced information that Saffold had made no action to contact his employer since the 18th after his employer requested the contact is what? A small issue? If your Snead & Fisher and you have spent numerous hard work in bringing in a high talented very high cost all pro OLT to team with a young talented versatile other OT Saffold in 2013 and one half of this project is not following the head coach directions Saffold makes the Jake Long addition very very good for this team. Without Saffold the Jake Long signing is not close in value added as it is with a on board happy Saffold! Good OT's with the talent of Saffold are few & far between besides the top three OT's who is a draft prospect who can fill the Starting ORT post and also be the swing OT in case Jake is injured? Think on that you will come up empty....yep is a small issue no ideal why I have so much interest in this. Sorry Move on...nothing to see here....... :boing: really I think :shit:

Boys I sure hope your right on this and its nothing & I have drank too much coffee.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
BonifayRam said:
Rabid Ram said:

Let me inventory what information I do have. I am not using any talking heads so strike that off, OK I am not using any twitter feeds so strike that off...leaves me statements from the HC of the St Louis Rams among other things. Fisher had made a comment earlier in the year ref. a rumor on Saffold ...Fisher told the press that Saffold was not moving to OLG that Saffold was his OLT. Move on ....Fisher was addressing the press involving Jake Long stuff...question came up on Saffold and their discussion with him....Fisher said the Rams haven't been able to get in touch with Rodger Saffold since signing LT Jake Long, but he was confident the situation will get resolved. That signing was on morning of March 18th. Fisher also said "It's not an issue". That was back on march 18th. GM Snead also said "We'll sit down and discuss that internally with the player and even his agent".

Your right not much real information out there. OK so Fisher has been trying to get in contact with since the 18th today is 30th...13 days since the signing. So Fisher had to tell the truth and let it be know when questioned that Saffold by his actions has not got in contact with his Head Coach as requested. Do you believe that Fisher & Snead enjoyed putting that information out to the NFL world? It that a positive? Let me ask you this do you think that Fisher had not tried to get up with Saffold earlier than that? yes you know that Fisher knew that question on Saffold would come up and as an experienced HC Fisher most likely tried very hard to get in contact with Saffold for a long time just before the signing too...Fisher would not let that important item fall through the cracks either. Fisher did not want to put the Saffold information out be he had too.

If the Ram org did the unthinkable here & did not keep Saffold abreast of their intentions to pursue a new OLT in Jake Long then Saffold may have some reason to be a horses butt when he is to do that face to face with Fisher. I consider that scenario to be highly unlikely but like you said we just don't know.

I feel confident that Fisher has had to handle such situations many times before most but not all have turned out. The Fisher produced information that Saffold had made no action to contact his employer since the 18th after his employer requested the contact is what? A small issue? If your Snead & Fisher and you have spent numerous hard work in bringing in a high talented very high cost all pro OLT to team with a young talented versatile other OT Saffold in 2013 and one half of this project is not following the head coach directions Saffold makes the Jake Long addition very very good for this team. Without Saffold the Jake Long signing is not close in value added as it is with a on board happy Saffold! Good OT's with the talent of Saffold are few & far between besides the top three OT's who is a draft prospect who can fill the Starting ORT post and also be the swing OT in case Jake is injured? Think on that you will come up empty....yep is a small issue no ideal why I have so much interest in this. Sorry Move on...nothing to see here....... :boing: really I think :shyte:

Boys I sure hope your right on this and its nothing & I have drank too much coffee.

I see your concerns I do. Saffold has 0 leverage in this situation though he either plays and earns his money next year or he loses money every game he doesnt play. Saffold is not a high prof high payed player enough to be able to afford losing thay kinda dough as well as dropping teams interest in him next season.

Yes he is mad and behaving like a spoiled child who just got spanked the first time but no leverage equals saffold playing lights out to get paid somewhere else next year

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
biggame1190 said:
After a month long twitter hiatus, Saffold tweets...Pretty sure he speaks about fans asking him of his potential mind set...

@Rodger_Saffold

:lol: :lol: Dyin lookin at my mentions

....Correction some of my mentions
If those are real, he NOW would have no excuse to not contact the Rams, so the ball as they say, is in his court.

Any benefit of the doubt relied on he DNK.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:

This is my belief too - our FO usually are positive, even when they're not saing anything, to me this seems to be Fisher offering an 'open invitation' for trade offers...

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
shaunpinney said:
CGI_Ram said:

This is my belief too - our FO usually are positive, even when they're not saing anything, to me this seems to be Fisher offering an 'open invitation' for trade offers...

Yeah not to be redundant, but can't get in touch vs. haven't spoken is a world apart.
People expected to draft O linemen ahead of us would be logical partners to get us high enough to assure Tavon Austin
OUR 22 plus Saffold if we get bites to move up,or even if it has to be the 16 and they give us a 5th.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

fisher said he spoke to saffold when the rams were interviewing long. said everything was fine.

now the rams say they can''t get in contact with him.

maybe the rams are trying to make the rest of the league think they will take someone like fluker at #16 so no team jumps up ahead of them to take the wr they want. or a team might jump ahead of them to take fluker so a player the rams want has a better chance to fall to them. or they could be telling the truth.

who knows.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
kurtfaulk said:

fisher said he spoke to saffold when the rams were interviewing long. said everything was fine.

now the rams say they can''t get in contact with him.

maybe the rams are trying to make the rest of the league think they will take someone like fluker at #16 so no team jumps up ahead of them to take the wr they want. or a team might jump ahead of them to take fluker so a player the rams want has a better chance to fall to them. or they could be telling the truth.

who knows.

Well I discount the smoke screen angle because that would be an unfair exploitation of Saffold.

IF they say they "can't get in touch" that means they can't and are trying ,disclosing that as that sort of ploy would be so easily dismissed by Roger it wouldn't have the longevity you speak of either,unless it persisted all the way to the draft.

Actually some mocks I've seen have three tackles going ahead of us already.