Safety Depth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
For awhile, this was a big mystery for me but through two preseason games it looks like we have some great depth here and maybe have to even cut a decent guy. Any thoughts on how this shakes out??

Seems like it's between Isaiah Johnson and Marqui Christian for that last spot... as I assume we're keeping five. They seem to have supplanted Countess for that last spot.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wade has been saying since he came to town that he loved our secondary and it was deeper than people thought. Two pre-season games and people are finally starting to believe him. We even traded away a guy a lot of people thought would be a starter.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Wade has been saying since he came to town that he loved our secondary and it was deeper than people thought. Two pre-season games and people are finally starting to believe him. We even traded away a guy a lot of people thought would be a starter.
And now that guy is injured. I'm pleasantly surprised at the play of the backups in the secondary. Get AD back in there and this D really takes off.

TexasRam

Legend
I wonder if Hill gets cut. Some of these young dudes are outplaying him for that 4th cb spot. Michael Jordan, Blake Countess, John Johnson etc.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
For awhile, this was a big mystery for me but through two preseason games it looks like we have some great depth here and maybe have to even cut a decent guy. Any thoughts on how this shakes out??

Seems like it's between Isaiah Johnson and Marqui Christian for that last spot... as I assume we're keeping five. They seem to have supplanted Countess for that last spot.

I think out of those two Christian will be on the final 53 and Johnson lands on the practice squad. From what I've seen, Countess will be kept at CB over Hill. I also like Peterson at CB.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Countess can play FS he can play slot he can play outside, I think he is safe he offers too much versatility on where wade can line him up he is insurance money

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Call me strange...but I'm cutting Cody Davis b4 both of these guys...I like hitters at safety....pretty sure son of bum does too.

That might be the option actually. Cody Davis looked horrible trying to tackle in that last game and didn't do too great in coverage either.

VilleDeal

UDFA
Starting number one CB Trumaine Johnson pulled down an impressive INT in which he bated Derek Carr into throwing it. Troy Hill once again got embarrassed, and did not look good. Nickel CB Blake Countess had a few impressive plays, and was ranked as PFF’s top performer of the game. Cody Davis and Isaiah Johnson both stood out from the Safety position as well.
Must look different depending on your eyes and your bias. TST and I saw it differently.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here's the thing about Cody Davis.

He has terrific timed speed but he always arrives late. Poor instincts cost him split seconds.

And I don't think it's coachable. You either have instincts and quick reflexes or you don't.

So, it wouldn't greatly surprise me if Davis was a victim of the numbers. But I trust Wade completely on D matters.

Just spitballin' here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call me strange...but I'm cutting Cody Davis b4 both of these guys...I like hitters at safety....pretty sure son of bum does too.
Is there a full moon? You catch a nasty virus or something? Because I think you just said cut the fastest guy among our safeties!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here's the thing about Cody Davis.

He has terrific timed speed but he always arrives late. Poor instincts cost him split seconds.

And I don't think it's coachable. You either have instincts and quick reflexes or you don't.

So, it wouldn't greatly surprise me if Davis was a victim of the numbers. But I trust Wade completely on D matters.

Just spitballin' here.

Special teams is a good tell of who will make the team.

A55VA6

Legend
Marqui Christian, Isaiah Johnson, and Blake Countess have all looked good in the preseason. I don't want any of them to go. I'd rather wave goodbye to Troy Hill.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Is there a full moon? You catch a nasty virus or something? Because I think you just said cut the fastest guy among our safeties!
Hahahahahahaha! I know....I was watching Davis a bunch...you KNOW I saw his pro-day stuff.....Then I watched him play...Mainly special teams...Noticed he wasn't the fastest guy down the field on kickoffs...and I knew....Houston, we have a problem....LOLOLOL

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cody Davis strikes me as one of those players that simply stick. He is not that whacker who makes memorable plays but he tends to wrap up well and keep things in front of him. Until we get someone who is a serious upgrade, or someone really steps up, I'm not betting on them releasing him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Marqui Christian, Isaiah Johnson, and Blake Countess have all looked good in the preseason. I don't want any of them to go. I'd rather wave goodbye to Troy Hill.
Big Ditto's on saying Bye! Bye! to Hill!!(y)