Russ Lande Says Rams Won't Get Too Much For #2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Lande says the Rams may get a first rounder next year or a 2nd rounder this year to move down but that's about it. There won't be a huge offer anything like the RG3 deal. He made it sound like they would have to move down to at least #10 to get an extra first.

He said it would be a wasted pick for us to draft Clowney. The reason why the Giants drafted JPP was because he was so far ahead of everyone on their board and they weren't at the top of the draft.

He said 3 QBs will go in the top 10. Plus there will interest in Matthews at the top of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well I have to say they drafted JPP b/c of Osi constantly being butthurt about his contract. They probably knew he wouldn't be around much longer and got a stud DE to replace him. As good as the NYG DL was their DEs after Osi/Justin Tuck were Dave Tollefson and Mathias Kiwinuka.

I would still like to see a move down, even if that means getting an extra 2nd. It'll "make up" so to speak on missing out on a 2nd rounder last year.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It says the track doesn't exist.
try this....

[av]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/ITD_Audio/010714-3Strauss.mp3[/av]

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they'll likely get a 2nd this year and maybe something in the future. A 1st is iffy. If nothing in the future, they'll probably get a 2nd and a 4th to swap picks if they stay in the top 6-7 picks.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That works. Thanks.

EDIT: Upon further review, they're talking to Strause about baseball in that one.

How about this?

Edit note.. No that didnt work max.. With just about any media just paste the url. It will embed itself.

tonyl711

Starter
while I agree that we wont get as much as the RG3 trade, I disagree that we will only get a second this year or a first next year, with the hype machine hyping some of these players up, and the combine to make some GMs slobber over a few players, I think we might be able to get a second or third this year plus a first next year. possibly better depending on if they hype Johnny football enough.

V3

Hall of Fame
How about this?

LOL! Sorry, still no dice. It says I'm trying to access a private track or it doesn't exist anymore.

Maybe it's me? Is it working for anyone else?

Alan

Legend
I'm hoping for two short trade downs (2 to 4 then 4 to 8) anyway so the combination might not be too bad.

iced

just one team: 2nd this year or 1st next

if bidding war: 2nd this year and a 1st next

Alan

Legend
Yeah, when you need a pro ask a pro.

Hey, what happened to the ass kiss smiley? I thought you were working on that Bob. :wink: :razz:

I didn't think we'd get two additional firsts and a second for Robert, so I'm definitely not expecting it for Johnny Half-Game, I'd happily take the additional second if offered now, but you never know if one guy separates themselves we could do well.

Yeah, when you need a pro ask a pro.

Hey, what happened to the ass kiss smiley? I thought you were working on that Bob. :wink: :razz:

Can always find your own on the internet
kissmyarse.gif

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd venture to say any move down will at least return a 2nd and 3rd or 4th. If you move one spot down, you'll get a 2nd, if you move 3 or more spots down, you'll get a 2nd and at least 4th. If you move 5 or more spots down, you could look for a 1st and a 2nd. But that's just my WAG.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
while I agree that we wont get as much as the RG3 trade, I disagree that we will only get a second this year or a first next year, with the hype machine hyping some of these players up, and the combine to make some GMs slobber over a few players, I think we might be able to get a second or third this year plus a first next year. possibly better depending on if they hype Johnny football enough.
Agree completely with this. By the type the draft comes around, there'll be plenty of players who will have been hyped up as the next big thing.

And let's not forget that the draft is later this year, so there's an extra fortnight of hype time for the media.