Royce Freeman is our guy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rolls Royce!! Man was he fun to watch at Oregon. I think he might still have something left. McVay has a way about revamping players. I’m hopeful Royce can find some magic. Powerful quick runner back in the day. I like this pick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have to add this Davis Allen is a player I like.Going to training camp I saw Blanton work his way up.The same year(superbowl) that Ben Sko came into The NFL I told everyone from training camp he was making plays.

—won’t go into it.Save it for my training camp.

I like The Rams bringing in a lot of bodies at TE.

Will say over the years I’ve seen(said to Demoff) The Rams need more TE’s

My example,J.Harris rookie year. Then Everett rookie year.This TE Long who just got hurts as well.

Higbee practices hard.He’s missed a lot of passes of the years,but he has excellent hands.

Anyways I’ll just say BY JAKE FUNK!Hooe the door didn’t hit you to Hard.

Having Depth though at RB & TE is a must.I mean Tyler Higbee is a Hard Guy anyways to give a Veterans Day off.Cam Akers might be deserving to keep him healthy.

Cam Akers gaining 10 plus pounds of muscle shows us Rams Fans what Mike Lafluer might to thinking.

As I said before about Big RB’s AJ Dillion is nice from GB.Matt Lafluer really pounded on The Rams.Sean Mcvay remembers that game well.

That all said The Passing Game goes with it.As a USC Fan once again & a Denver Bronco RB.I go with Thunder & Lightning.
Hate to say what Pete Carroll has now

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not much experience behind Akers after the Michel retirement. I wonder if they felt they need an experienced vet in case the young guys haven't picked up the other stuff involved in being an NFL running back? Like pass protection.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Rams agree to terms with RB Royce Freeman​

Jul 30, 2023 at 12:30 PM
Stu Jackson of the Los Angeles Rams headshot, Thursday, May 20, 2021, in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Jeff Lewis/LA Rams)

Stu Jackson
Senior Staff Writer
IRVINE, Calif. – Following Sony Michel's retirement, the Rams have made a new addition to their running back room during training camp, agreeing to terms with running back Royce Freeman on Sunday.
Freeman, 27, spent last season with the Texans. He initially joined Houston midway through the 2021 season after it claimed him off waivers from the Carolina Panthers.
The former Oregon standout originally entered the league as a third-round draft pick by the Denver Broncos (71st overall) in 2018. He has 394 carries for 1,473 yards and eight touchdowns in 65 career games (nine starts) across five seasons.
I see the mention of Royce Freeman. Then I see the picture right below that. I thought to myself "He sure looks puny for a running back".

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was watching some Royce Freeman highlights with the Broncos and damn does that guy have amazing balance!

I wonder if he’s getting any reps or chance to make the team cuz if he’s right, he’s another head of the hydra being a bigger back who’s tough to bring down

oldnotdead

Legend
Royce has never played to his potential. He's a big back with decent speed, not breakaway speed but good speed none the less. His runs are inconsistent i.e. sometimes he seems to have good field vision seeing the holes an breaking into them. Other times he doesn't see the holes. Sometimes he attacks the defense, other times he allows arm tackles to throw him off his stride. Both Akers and the 2021 version of Michel, run through arm tackles and run with power. Royce doesn't always run with power. It's why I don't see him ahead of Akers or Williams. Because of his experience, he probably is ahead of Evans.

McVay said Royce can do the things that they wanted from Michel, i.e. reliable runner, and receiver. He's got a decent record of production behind decent blocking. In other words, they wanted a reliable veteran backup RB to take occasional snaps or fill in due to an injury. Other than that we aren't looking at a game changing player. Who knows maybe he will blossom, but after four years and 3 previous teams I think Royce is what he is, which is a decent backup RB to play #3 RB on the roster.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anybody have updates on the rook from Ole Miss?
He made a nice catch yesterday out of the backfield. Rivers is the better RB.

I’m not sure how The numbers are going to lineup ? Keep 4 or 5 RB’s ? Preseason & injuries might be how it all plays out imo.

There’s going to be some tough cuts,but The Rams are going to have some good young depth on the practice squad.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He made a nice catch yesterday out of the backfield. Rivers is the better RB.

I’m not sure how The numbers are going to lineup ? Keep 4 or 5 RB’s ? Preseason & injuries might be how it all plays out imo.

There’s going to be some tough cuts,but The Rams are going to have some good young depth on the practice squad.
Well, there's what, 7 on the inactive list on game days? I would think a RB and WR would make the 53 but be inactive until injuries start to hit. I think there's usually 3 or 4 RB's on game day and 6 WR's. Probably depends on who plays best for special teams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, there's what, 7 on the inactive list on game days? I would think a RB and WR would make the 53 but be inactive until injuries start to hit. I think there's usually 3 or 4 RB's on game day and 6 WR's. Probably depends on who plays best for special teams.

Well sure - however the numbers lineup.There’s certain players you don’t put on the waiverwire though.I think The Rams might roll with only 2 LBers?

It’s a numbers game in September & injuries will be big.
—Example - do you see Warren McClendon play any downs or making The Rams 53 this season ? Like I’m saying , The Rams will redshirt him on the pup list.

The Offensive Line is going to be pretty skinny if you’re talking Roster 53(Bruss protected). That makes 7 Offensive Lineman & Noteboom & or A Jackson will be the swing guy. Add Shelton to the mix at Center guard.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I also think Allen Davis is going to add a presence on short yards situations. #87 then watch out for #83 TE in preseason.Just a balled type,stats super focused on his task. Won’t get frustrated & work through things.(that’s my report) He is a jag & practice squad guy.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well sure - however the numbers lineup.There’s certain players you don’t put on the waiverwire though.I think The Rams might roll with only 2 LBers?

It’s a numbers game in September & injuries will be big.
—Example - do you see Warren McClendon play any downs or making The Rams 53 this season ? Like I’m saying , The Rams will redshirt him on the pup list.

The Offensive Line is going to be pretty skinny if you’re talking Roster 53(Bruss protected). That makes 7 Offensive Lineman & Noteboom & or A Jackson will be the swing guy. Add Shelton to the mix at Center guard.
Yeah, if it's about 24' they will carry whoever they think will be more help down the road vs an immediate 1 yr rental or a guy who they don't see as much upside in.