Roster holes/upgrades as of 4/4/18

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
You also have to think about the UDFA gems that Snead happens to find from time to time that can be very good back-ups

Kevin

Pro Bowler
http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAR

OLB 96 Longacre, Matt CF15 53 Thompson, Carlos SF17
OLB 50 Ebukam, Samson 17/4 56 Sickels, Garrett CF17 51 Price, Ejuan 17/7
ILB 54 Hager, Bryce 15/7 00 Wilson, Ramik U/KC
ILB 26 Barron, Mark T/TB 58 Littleton, Cory CF16

Thompson look like he has good potential. I see a draft pick for outside and UDF for both spots.

Backup offensive lineman should be a priority. They need bodies at OT. With later round picks it's hard to say they will package picks and still get quantity. UDFA's could be a couple surprises. RBs can be found anywhere and a draft pick wouldn't surprise me. QB can wait.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...-brandin-cooks-trade-transactions-free-agency
2018 NFL Draft LA Rams Order
Rd # overall # in round Pick
3 87 23 Rams pick
4 111 11 Rams pick (via Dolphins)
4 135 35 Rams pick (via Giants)
4 136 36 Rams pick (via Patriots)
6 176 2 Rams pick (via Giants)
6 183 9 Rams pick (via Dolphins)
6 194 20 Rams pick (via Lions)
6 195 21 Rams pick (via Bills)
Suffice to say, the Rams are sacrificing long-term stability for the chance at short-term success. I suppose most people’s ultimate feelings about it will be (a) how much success the Rams have in the end and (b) if Cooks stays in LA beyond 2018.

As it pertains to the draft, it’s going to make for some passive entertainment for the first two rounds. The Rams don’t have a single pick in the first 86 selections and have just one in the first 110. So be it.

This isn’t a team building a future so much as they’re trying to capitalize on the window that’s open now.

With the offseason program starting in just two weeks, that effort to capitalize on this window begins in earnest soon.

Very soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They do have a lot of later picks. Getting one even part time edge rusher would be nice. On the other hand a OT in round three could be good insurance. Wow glad I don't make the picks.
They should trade up or down from their third round pick just so they can go through the entire draft with none of their own original picks. Might be a first.

Tano

Legend
They should trade up or down from their third round pick just so they can go through the entire draft with none of their own original picks. Might be a first.
Didn't Jimmy Johnson trade his entire draft for that running back?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to think we'll move up from our third (either higher in the third or late in the second) and move one of the fourths up into the third.

I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up with only for our five picks by the end of this - something like: 3rd (early), 3rd (late), 4th, 6th and 7th.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Didn't Jimmy Johnson trade his entire draft for that running back?
It was Mike Ditka, who traded all of the Saint's picks in 1999 for RB Ricky Williams. And then they got married.
https://www.canalstreetchronicles.c...-draft-saints-ricky-williams-mike-ditka-trade

Ricky_Ditka_ESPN_the_Magazine.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I see this comment a lot about not being able to fin starters in the third round or later and I take exception with that. Right now we have Kupp, Sullivan, Higbee and Brown starting on offense all third round picks or later. We have Johnson and NRC not to mention the line backing crew all starting that we’re third rounders or late. Then you have our All Pro snapper, kicker and punter all late round picks. Don’t assume that we can’t get starters late in the draft. I keep saying this in thread after thread but let the front office do their thing!

In Wade we trust
In McVay we trust
In Snead we trust

These guys are good at what they do. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Funny how Things have changed. As fans we don’t have to question the draft as much as the path.
It’s actually fun how they find fits. This year will be interesting.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Looking back at last year, the Rams picked up Kupp, Johnson, Reynolds & Ebukam between picks 69-125. 2 excellent starters in Kupp & Johnson, 2 contributors in Reynolds & Ebukam. Reynolds stays in a reserve role this upcoming season, Ebukam will start.

This year, 4 picks will be between picks 87-135, a bit lower, but am pretty confident finding 4 good players, a couple to contribute this year.Guessing a couple of LBers and an T, maybe TE or G with the other.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The two Fourth round picks are basically top of the fifth round.

Both are after 32

According to the league, they are fourths.

Both come before the Packers' pick that is first in the fifth round.

It would be correct though, to say they are late fourth rounders - just not to say that they are top of the fifth.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Roster holes!!!!

Uhh, I'll leave this one to my imagination.

fearsomefour

Legend
http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAR

OLB 96 Longacre, Matt CF15 53 Thompson, Carlos SF17
OLB 50 Ebukam, Samson 17/4 56 Sickels, Garrett CF17 51 Price, Ejuan 17/7
ILB 54 Hager, Bryce 15/7 00 Wilson, Ramik U/KC
ILB 26 Barron, Mark T/TB 58 Littleton, Cory CF16

Thompson look like he has good potential. I see a draft pick for outside and UDF for both spots.

Backup offensive lineman should be a priority. They need bodies at OT. With later round picks it's hard to say they will package picks and still get quantity. UDFA's could be a couple surprises. RBs can be found anywhere and a draft pick wouldn't surprise me. QB can wait.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...-brandin-cooks-trade-transactions-free-agency
2018 NFL Draft LA Rams Order
Rd # overall # in round Pick
3 87 23 Rams pick
4 111 11 Rams pick (via Dolphins)
4 135 35 Rams pick (via Giants)
4 136 36 Rams pick (via Patriots)
6 176 2 Rams pick (via Giants)
6 183 9 Rams pick (via Dolphins)
6 194 20 Rams pick (via Lions)
6 195 21 Rams pick (via Bills)
Suffice to say, the Rams are sacrificing long-term stability for the chance at short-term success. I suppose most people’s ultimate feelings about it will be (a) how much success the Rams have in the end and (b) if Cooks stays in LA beyond 2018.

As it pertains to the draft, it’s going to make for some passive entertainment for the first two rounds. The Rams don’t have a single pick in the first 86 selections and have just one in the first 110. So be it.

This isn’t a team building a future so much as they’re trying to capitalize on the window that’s open now.

With the offseason program starting in just two weeks, that effort to capitalize on this window begins in earnest soon.

Very soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They do have a lot of later picks. Getting one even part time edge rusher would be nice. On the other hand a OT in round three could be good insurance. Wow glad I don't make the picks.
Barron, Hagar, Littleton, Wilson.
ILB seems to be a lot more solid than OLB.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
We can upgrade from Hager. He's only shown up on ST.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The dline is so good that all the rams olbers need to do is contain the qb so he can't escape from ad, suh or brockers.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

The dline is so good that all the rams olbers need to do is contain the qb so he can't escape from ad, suh or brockers.

Wade will find LBs. I really like Ramik Wilson. I think he’s a perfect fit for us at ILB.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wade will find LBs. I really like Ramik Wilson. I think he’s a perfect fit for us at ILB.
I less concerned with ILB than OLB after the signing of Wilson.
Barron, Hagar, Littleton, Wilson doesn't seem like a terrible group.
First pick we us in the draft has to go OLB or OT.....as I brace myself for a S pick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'll be surprised if we do much trading up. Maybe a few spots, but that's about it.

I think the Rams are going to select as many players possible in that 4th-6th round range and hope they find some players by stacking the odds by QTY of picks, if nothing else.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll be surprised if we do much trading up. Maybe a few spots, but that's about it.

I think the Rams are going to select as many players possible in that 4th-6th round range and hope they find some players by stacking the odds by QTY of picks, if nothing else.

Most likely - unless somebody falls the Rams have rated much higher than where they are at, especially at a position of need.

If an OT or OLB/edge rusher falls who they have rated as a high 2nd, and he is available late in the 2nd, I could see the Rams jumping in to get him. But otherwise, I would be surprised if they traded more than a 6th to move up, and probably that only once.