Roster cuts/trades around the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Never thought I'd say this way but I would feel a whole lot better with RGIII as backup QB vs what we currently have on our roster. Griffin has had enough humble pie to permanently bring him back to earth. I don't believe the Ravens will initially cut him so a trade would need to occur. Perhaps a 6th/7th round draft pick or our 7th WR.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am on the RGIII train for backup... We are in dire need of a backup QB. Its nerve racking to go into this season without an ideal backup that can take off the full load of Goff and still close.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Bills are in a complete rebuild anyway and 2018 is all but dead for them. They spent a few million taking a stab at some talent - and came up short.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Bills are in a complete rebuild anyway and 2018 is all but dead for them. They spent a few million taking a stab at some talent - and came up short.

I concur, it's going to be a long year in Western, NY. And again, with the likes of he Bills, Dolphins & Jets, it's no wonder that Tom Brady keeps on ticking.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure, but instead of spending that $50 million on players to help their young QB grow they have McCoy and very little else on offense including a line. No receivers aside from Kelvin Benjamin and no tight end of note. I said it wasn't the end all problem of the Bills. But $50 million could have been used to put two more good players on the OLine in front of Allen and McCoy and given him two or three people to help him by catching the ball. Yes it's a rebuild and yes they have a lot of cap space next year and no dead money yet. But that seems like a hell of a way to spend your cap to build up a young QB.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Sure, but instead of spending that $50 million on players to help their young QB grow they have McCoy and very little else on offense including a line. No receivers aside from Kelvin Benjamin and no tight end of note. I said it wasn't the end all problem of the Bills. But $50 million could have been used to put two more good players on the OLine in front of Allen and McCoy and given him two or three people to help him by catching the ball. Yes it's a rebuild and yes they have a lot of cap space next year and no dead money yet. But that seems like a hell of a way to spend your cap to build up a young QB.

Not ideal by any stretch - but sometimes when you roll the dice, you crap out.

And no, @1maGoh - he isn't practice squad material. Being cut to dead money tells me that his attitude is crap. The Browns and Bills wouldn't have cut him if he was worth having around the team. The PS has to be the hardest working guys in the building.

Ram65

Legend
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...g-as-all-32-teams-cut-down-to-their-final-53/

LAR.png
Los Angeles Rams

Players cut to reach 53: OL Cornelius Lucas, WR Fred Brown, K Sam Ficken, DB Nate Holley, RB Nick Holley, WR Codey McElroy, WR JoJo Natson, OT Darrell Williams, DB Afolabi Laguda, WR Kendal Thompson, C Jake Eldrenkamp, DT Omarius Bryant, DT Chunky Clements, DL Lord Hyeamang, OG Jeremiah Kolone, DE Marcus Martin, DB Curtis Mikell, DL McKay Murphy, C Aaron Neary, DB Taurean Nixon, LB Tegray Scales, DE Brian Womac