Roku NFL draft documentary

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
The full Roku documentary is on the thread titled "B.Y. on Jared Verse Progress" thread. Poster @rdlkgliders was good enough to attach it to his post. Some fluff but mostly very entertaining and informative.

Plenty of Rams' stuff. Much we knew but some additional insight and clarity. Confirms that the Rams wanted Bowers and were willing to give-up #19, #52 and #99. Jets passed and took Penn State OL Fashanu.

Also confirmed that the other move-up target was indeed Byron Murphy a trade could not be worked-out. Snead was not sure but McVay correctly surmised Murphy would not get past Seattle.

Both Snead and McVay seemed certain that neither Bowers nor Murphy would fall to #19.

Jared Verse was the 3rd player the Rams liked but not in a trade-up scenario. McVay was adamant that if Verse did not make it to #19, the Rams needed to trade-down. Braden Fiske was mentioned but not for #19.
Snead referenced that there were six players the Rams liked, and would be thrilled to get two of them.
Clearly, Verse and Fiske were two of those six players.

The only disappointment for me as a Rams' fan came at the 1:01:10 mark of the documentary.
Tennessee was on the clock at #38, with the Rams prepared to pull-the-trigger for the trade-up to #39.
Fiske had been discussed as the clear target. McVay was nervous with what the Titans would do at #38; and asked one of the high-school-looking-kids in the Rams' Front Office or Scouting Department a question.

McVay says ... "I pray this guy doesn't go right here" then looks at the Kid and asks ... "You don't think this could be him, do you" ... the Idiot Kid pauses before cluelessly responding ... "WHO?" ... an annoyed McVay immediately snaps-back "Fiske" ... as if to add, 'the player we have been talking about you dumb fuck.'

Isn't that "Kid" the new head of scouting? He is young, but very smart....unless it was someone else he was talking to.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
They must think the world of Bowers to offer that much in a trade up for him. Man, our defense would look a whole hell of a lot worse today had we done that. Hoecht would be penciled in again at full time edge. Unless Bowers is a superstar, and I doubt he will be on the Raiders, that trade looks awful to me.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Isn't that "Kid" the new head of scouting? He is young, but very smart....unless it was someone else he was talking to.
Maybe. Could not tell which of two young men responded with the moronic 'Who?'

If it was Director of Scouting James Gladstone (guessing that's who you mean), he was NOT 'very smart' at that moment. The Rams were focused entirely on moving-up for Braden Fiske; and it was obvious to anyone paying attention and focused that McVay was asking about Fiske, and whether the Titans (at #38) could screw-up the Rams' plans.

it was also obvious from McVay's reaction, that he was exasperated by the 'Who' response.

Everyone has a brain fart now and again. That was bad one for anyone in that room at that moment.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rams tried to trade up for Brock Bowers, then Byron Murphy​

Most teams keep close to the vest the various different scenarios that might have played out in round one. The reason is simple. Teams don’t want to undermine the guy they ultimately got.

The Rams have leaned all the way into the potential alternative scenarios, via their cooperation with The Pick is In, a 90-minute documentary regarding the 2024 draft.

Video from inside the Rams’ draft house shows their efforts to try to trade up to No. 10 with the Jets. Rams G.M. Les Snead offered Jets G.M. Joe Douglas the 19th overall pick and a second-round selection, pick No. 52.

While the Jets were on the clock, Rams coach Sean McVay separately called Vikings coach Kevin O’Connell to confirm he wouldn’t be inclined to trade back if O’Connell’s guy (J.J. McCarthy) was there. (It’s possible that the Vikings made the move from No. 11 to No. 10 because O’Connell became concerned by McVay’s call that the Rams were thinking about jumping the Vikings in order to get McCarthy.)

After the Jets traded down to No. 11 with the Vikings, the Rams tried again to move up. Snead offered No. 19, 52, and a third-round pick (No. 99) for No. 11 and No. 185, in round six. Douglas declined.

The Rams kept trying, until the Raiders took tight end Brock Bowers with the 13th pick. (The Rams offered the 19th pick and the 52nd pick for No. 13 and No. 112 to Las Vegas. The Raiders stayed put.)

It became clear from the context that the Rams wanted Bowers. After the Raiders took Bowers, the Rams became focused on a potential Aaron Donald replacement, in the form of Texas defensive tackle Byron Murphy.

That didn’t last long, because Murphy went just three picks later. And coach Sean McVay correctly sensed that No. 16 — Seattle — was the floor for Murphy.

The Rams ultimately remained at No. 19 and took Florida State edge rusher Jared Verse. And while they were happy about it (because what else would they say?), the peek inside the draft room makes it clear that they wanted Bowers first and then Murphy, before settling for Verse.

Even without the candor from the Rams, we already knew that’s how it goes on draft night. Teams have considered every scenario, and plenty of them plot for ways to get a guy they want, when they know he might not otherwise fall to them. For the Rams, neither of their top two targets did.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams ultimately remained at No. 19 and took Florida State edge rusher Jared Verse. And while they were happy about it (because what else would they say?), the peek inside the draft room makes it clear that they wanted Bowers first and then Murphy, before settling for Verse.

What kind of bullshit is this?

Freaking media Nimrods.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Snead: "Is Cincy on the clock?"

McVay: "Yes. It's right in front of you." motions to monitor right next to Les, full screen with a countdown over Bengals colors/emblem

*Staff starting to laugh*

McVay noticing: "I wasn't trying to be a dick, but..." motions to screen

Gladstone: "You guys are like brothers"

McVay: "Yes we are"

*Snead looking amused by it all*
I LMAO watching that. Turns around and there's a big ass clock saying Cinci is counting down

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I really think Bowers would've transformed the Offense, if that were possible.
The threat he poses + Kyren + our WR corps would simply spread the D too thin & they'd be overwhelmed.
But yeah... then our D really suffers without a credible Edge threat. Verse + Fiske will I think, in time, in terms of overall team impact be >> Bowers. We already have a pretty decent O. But our Edge threat was very weak.
I think overall we're really building a very strong team top-to-bottom & ready to kick some butt this season.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I LMAO watching that. Turns around and there's a big ass clock saying Cinci is counting down
Whoever it was then chiming in "You guys are like brothers," was a perfect endcap for that little moment.

And Snead so looks like he wants to call his coach a really bad name...

Tano

Legend
Whoever it was then chiming in "You guys are like brothers," was a perfect endcap for that little moment.

And Snead so looks like he wants to call his coach a really bad name...
I think McVay was extremely perturbed at not getting Brock and then not getting Murphy to boot.

I think he was being a tad snarky there lol.

But then again that's pretty much what I would say to my brother if in the same situation lol (I would have probably added dumbass too)

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I learned one thing watching that documentary. Drew Rosenhaus is an embarrassing douche. Wow, what a tool, and not in the way I expected. Every scene with him had me cringing. Yelling out the team to the families, and basically taking that moment from the players.

Thanks for the heads up about this show, I wasn't aware it existed.