Rodgers-cromartie Contemplating Retirement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282552/rodgers-cromartie-contemplating-retirement

Broncos RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie told reporters Monday that he'll consider retirement if Denver wins Super Bowl 48.

"I set a goal of five years. I’ve played six," said a straight-faced DRC. An impending free agent, Rodgers-Cromartie is coming off of a fantastic season as the Broncos' No. 1 corner, and could parlay it into a hefty contract this offseason. We expect Rodgers-Cromartie to follow the money here, but his words are something of a red flag. He'll be a risky investment on a long-term deal.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 27 - 1:34 PM

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's like one for every baby momma, right?

Wrong Cromartie. Someone on another site said he wants to be a guidance counselor and he's been saying this all year. Regardless, I applaud the man if he does walk away from all that money. Robert Smith did the same thing and I have nothing but respect for the move. Takes a lot of courage.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Wrong Cromartie. Someone on another site said he wants to be a guidance counselor and he's been saying this all year. Regardless, I applaud the man if he does walk away from all that money. Robert Smith did the same thing and I have nothing but respect for the move. Takes a lot of courage.
Now I feel like a jerk for the above post. :slap:

Yes, it truly does. I hope the best for him...right after his Super Bowl victory.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now I feel like a jerk for the above post. :slap:

Yes, it truly does. I hope the best for him...right after his Super Bowl victory.

It's all good. At least you have that one ready for when Antonio retires. :wink:

"13 seasons? One for each child he's fathered."

fearsomefour

Legend
If that is his plan and vision cant fault the guy. Sounds like he is being straight ahead about things. He clearly doesnt like contact at all. If he is set money wise, good on him.

A55VA6

Legend
"I set a goal of five years. I’ve played six" - May as well go out on top.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4715/dominique-rodgerscromartie

Speaking at Super Bowl Media Day on Tuesday, Broncos RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie backtracked on his retirement talk by saying if he's offered a long-term contract this offseason, he'll take it.
Rodgers-Cromertie said Monday that if the Broncos win the Super Bowl, then he'd consider retirement. DRC's agent likely contacted him after Monday's statement and advised him that he's not doing himself any favors by saying he'd be willing to walk away from the game as he's set to hit free agency. He's just 27 years old and is coming off arguably the best season of his career. DRC was a top-four cover corner in Pro Football Focus' end-of-season ratings. Jan 28 - 10:52 AM
Source: Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do we know he didn't mean "Stay healthy for five years"?

fearsomefour

Legend
I have not seen an NFL defensive player avoid contact as much as DRC....when he was in Arizona my son dubbed him "head and shoulders"....anytime there was a running play coming at him he would dip and his head and shoulders and avoid contact. Super athlete not in love with the physical part of the game to me.