ROD mock draft in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Maybe this medium gray that is the 3rd one down on first column of colors?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the 219th pick, the Broncos select Matt Judon, DE, Grand Valley State. I can't believe this kid is still on the board at this stage of the draft. One thing I've learned about my GM self during this draft is when presented with the "need or value" scenario, I'm nabbing value just about every time.

2217545.jpg

Matt Judon, DE
School: Grand Valley State | Conference: MIFC
College Experience: Senior | Hometown: West Bloomfield, MI
Height/Weight: 6-3 / 275 lbs.
Projected Ranking
Overall Position Proj. Rnd.
133 14 4

Player Lowdown
Combine Results
40 Yd 20 Yd 10 Yd 225 Bench Vertical jump Broad Shuttle 3-Cone Drill
4.73 2.75 - 30 35 - 4.52 7.67
Workout Results
40 Yd 20 Yd 10 Yd 225 Bench Vertical jump Broad Shuttle 3-Cone Drill
4.65 2.75 1.65 30 35 9'1" 4.52 7.67
Player Overview
Judon led the nation - at any level - with 20 sacks in 2015 and was named the 2015 GLIAC Defensive Lineman of the Year by the conference's coaches.
He leaves as Grand Valley State's all-time leader with 34 career sacks, surpassing the previous record of 32.5 set by Dan Skuta, who now plays for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Judon was a two-time first-team All-GLIAC performer who recorded 72 tackles, including 19.0 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks, in 2014. That came after taking a medical redshirt in 2013 due to a knee injury.
He also missed four games in 2012 with an undisclosed injury, producing 37 tackles, 7.0 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks while starting eight games. Judon played in the final seven games as a freshman, finishing with 14 tackles, 2.0 tackles for loss and a pair of sacks.

Strengths Weaknesses
STRENGTHS: Looks the part of an NFL defensive end, sporting a well-built frame with broad shoulders, long arms and a trim middle. Good initial quickness off the snap, accelerating smoothly to routinely cross the face of tackles as an edge rusher or when pulling to stunt back inside.
Good flexibility to dip under the reach of tackles, showing agility and balance to turn the corner, as well as a closing burst to attack the ballcarrier. Coordinated athlete who breaks down well in space to lasso ballcarriers, showing good lateral agility, balance and patience to force opponents to commit before he does.
Fights to keep contain, showing the speed to beat backs wide and force them back inside. Long, strong arms to grab hold of ballcarriers and pull them to the ground. Good situational awareness. Gets his hands up in passing lanes and rips at the ball when pursuing from behind, forcing eight fumbles over his career.
WEAKNESSES: Was a man amongst boys at the D-II level and could struggle acclimating to the increased competition he'll face in the NFL. Overly reliant on his athleticism, showing limited development in his use of hands, to this point.
Too often leaves his chest vulnerable and struggles to disengage once blockers latch on. Has struggled with durability over his career, missing virtually all of the 2013 season with a torn ACL, four games in 2012 with an undisclosed injury and the 2016 East-West Shrine Game with a "minor" injury suffered during postseason training for the all-star game and workouts.
IN OUR VIEW: While Judon comes with obvious level of competition questions, make no mistake, he was a dominant force at the D-II level, leading the nation (at any level) with 20 sacks in 2015.
From a technique perspective, Judon is a work in progress but he boasts an NFL-caliber combination of build, burst and bend sure to earn him a draft selection - quite possibly overtaking current Dallas Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr (fifth round, 140th overall by the Kansas City Chiefs in 2008) as the highest pick in GVSU history.
--Rob Rang (1/25/16
Nice solid pick Ramhusker!!(y)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Pittsburgh Steelers select.....

BJ Goodson, LB, Clemson

Goodson_BJ_FSU1_700.jpg

Going into this draft, the Steelers had a lot of needs. I filled every single need for the most part, except one. ILB depth. Goodson takes care of that for me. He's a leader, an instinctive player, sure tackler, great at stacking and shedding, with some solid coverage skills. You'd have to ask @DaveFan'51 but I believe he has a 122 SPARQ score, which is pretty good. He's a very good athlete and should provide great depth for us, and maybe even take over for Lawrence Timmons one day.

@Riverumbbq is on the clock, then we have multiple community picks.
Nice pick @TheDYVKX!! Sorry I can't Back you up on that SPARQ score. Because I didn't have him on my Board! I'll except your number as Fact!!;)(y)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Nice pick @TheDYVKX!! Sorry I can't Back you up on that SPARQ score. Because I didn't have him on my Board! I'll except your number as Fact!!;)(y)

You're slacking, Dave. I thought you had everyone :ROFLMAO:. My board runs deep . I still have 45 more draftable guys at all positions, only 11 at positions I want for the Steelers though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We have an updated list of players taken by the Titans and Browns?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Since New England traded Garappolo to the Rams, and you guys swiped every other QB I was close to taking as a developmental player under Brady, i'll take NATE SUDFELD, QB, INDIANA with pick # 221 before nobody is left available.
Can't go wrong with someone from Indiana River!! (y)My Parents and most of my 7 Brothers and Sisters are from their!:D Of course I was born in California! that's why I'm always so .. :confused:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hey guys. I'm away for the weekend with the in laws. I'm not going to be online a lot. This place has no wifi. But I've hijacked somones feed. Don't tell the wife!!! I'll be checking as often as possible. Don't forget about me ;).

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You're slacking, Dave. I thought you had everyone :ROFLMAO:. My board runs deep . I still have 45 more draftable guys at all positions, only 11 at positions I want for the Steelers though.
I hate to disappoint you, But I ONLY started with a 200 Player Board, And I still have about 15 or so left! Sorry I've been so Ill prepared for this Draft!:( I'll do better next year!!:D

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We have an updated list of players taken by the Titans and Browns?

Titans:

Jack Conklin, OT
A'Shawn Robinson, DT
Karl Joseph, S
Vadal Alexander, OG
Kyler Fackrell, OLB
Cyrus Jones, CB
Tyler Matakevich, LB
Mike Thomas, WR
CJ Prosise, RB
Sean Davis, CB/S

Browns:
Jared Goff, QB
Michael Thomas, WR
Max Tuerk, C
Sheldon Day, DT
Alex McCalister, OLB
Dadi Nicholas, OLB
Jihad Ward, DE
De'Runnya Wilson, WR

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can't go wrong with someone from Indiana River!! (y)My Parents and most of my 7 Brothers and Sisters are from their!:D Of course I was born in California! that's why I'm always so .. :confused:

So does this make you the only Rams fan out of a family of 10 ?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Titans:
Jack Conklin, OT
A'Shawn Robinson, DT
Karl Joseph, S
Vadal Alexander, OG
Kyler Fackrell, OLB
Cyrus Jones, CB
Tyler Matakevich, LB
Mike Thomas, WR
CJ Prosise, RB
Sean Davis, CB/S

Browns:
Jared Goff, QB
Michael Thomas, WR
Max Tuerk, C
Sheldon Day, DT
Alex McCalister, OLB
Dadi Nicholas, OLB
Jihad Ward, DE
De'Runnya Wilson, WR
Cool! So who's on the clock now!? and who's on deck!? I'm too lazy to search it out right now!:D:dizzy:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So does this make you the only Rams fan out of a family of 10 ?
No, they are spit between the Rams and Da Bears! Except my late twin brother was a Huge Raider Fan!! He passed away before the Team fell apart!!:LOL::D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OK Here are some nominee's:
FOR THE TITAN'S; WR - PAUL ROBERTS - S.E. MISSOURI.
FOR THE BROWN'S; RB - Aaron Green -TCU any one 2nd these!

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
OK Here are some nominee's:
FOR THE TITAN'S; WR - PAUL ROBERTS - S.E. MISSOURI.
FOR THE BROWN'S; RB - Aaron Green -TCU any one 2nd these!
I'll second both. I especially like the Aaron Green pick.