Robin Williams died today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Randomly last night I decided to watch Live on Broadway on dvd (for the 100th plus time). This was from a stack of other comedians and blu ray concerts of my collection. :oops:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Classic case of laughing on the outside crying on the inside. Money only buys the ability to magnify your problems,solves very little ,the only people money makes happy are those who don't have it .
Saddened he did this .

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Very sad to see this. I always liked watching him. Rest in Peace Mork!

th
I used More in the caption thread yesterday.
I found out he passed a while later.

Terribly sad. Especially since he may have been helped.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Christopher Reeves was his college roommate. They always took care of each other.
There were reports that Williams paid his medical bills and gave him what he needed after his accident.

Both parties denied it. Which makes sense.
Some things should be left private. Williams and Reeves weren't the type to boast for publicity

Robins close friend, Reeves, was also an inspiration.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Very sad is right. Rest in Peace. You're finally free of whatever your demons were.

I was lucky enough to meet him once. On my way to Frankfurt in the early 80's, I met a friend (who worked for the same company), at Langen's, a restaurant owned by Michael Caine in London.
Long story short, Williams, Dudley Moore and Martin Short were having dinner right next to us. Hysterical evening. One of the most memorable two hours of my life.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Chris Farley's brother read this at his funeral. It's called the clowns prayer. It seems fitting.

As I stumble through this life,

help me to create more laughter than tears,
dispense more cheer than gloom,
spread more cheer than despair.

Never let me become so indifferent,
that I will fail to see the wonders in the eyes of a child,
or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.

Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people,
make them happy, and forget momentarily,
all the unpleasantness in their lives.

And in my final moment,
may I hear You whisper:
"When you made My people smile,
you made Me smile."

-Anonymous-

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Chris Farley's brother read this at his funeral. It's called the clowns prayer. It seems fitting.

As I stumble through this life,
help me to create more laughter than tears,
dispense more cheer than gloom,
spread more cheer than despair.

Never let me become so indifferent,
that I will fail to see the wonders in the eyes of a child,
or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.

Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people,
make them happy, and forget momentarily,
all the unpleasantness in their lives.

And in my final moment,
may I hear You whisper:
"When you made My people smile,
you made Me smile."

-Anonymous-
Perfect.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Many great comedians suffer from depression. It's as if laughter is the only true medicine. My favorite example is Chris Farley. Man I miss that guy, shaped my life.

RIP Robin Williams

Shaped your life? Do you live in a van down by the River?!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Seriously sad. Robin Williams was great at his craft.

My sister in law married a guy two years ago. His name was Timy Marshall. One of the funniest guys I know in person. However his past was riddled with drugs and alcohol. He seemed to be recovered when they married. It was strange that even though he was so entertaining, he always made an early exit at family events and Holidays. In July he shot himself in the head with a .22 rifle and died in front of Nikki.

At their small J/P wedding there were 20 people on Nikki's side and 4 on Tim's. At Tim's funeral there was at least 150. We never expected it. Maybe 30 from our side and120 from his. They were all so. Sad because he was such a wonderful person and they loved him so much.

I keep wondering if all of these people he touched throughout his life had been there the last two years, maybe he would still be around. Maybe his habits drove them away. I don't know, but it seemed ironic.

There will probably be a million people at Robin Williams funeral, how many of them actually knew him as he was and how many tried to help. I will always wonder bout that whenever I read about a suicide.