Rob Havenstein comments on Steve Avilla moving to center

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Havenstein!

tipping derek jeter GIF

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Leave Big Rob alone. He can still play and I would be happy if the only team he ever played for was the Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
And Big Whit is one of the best role models the Rams have ever had!!! I’ll always hang on every word from Big Whit!!
YEP - my first thread was about The Big 5 !! Rob Havenstien was apart of it & it only grew & Noteboom became a part of it.
There’s a togetherness

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Avila doing his homework for camp is a good sign. Then he'll have Stafford behind him all camp helping him smooth the calls and ensure he's ready for the season. I cannot wait to see this OL this year. So excited to see some fucking domination up front. That interior is gonna move MFers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Avila doing his homework for camp is a good sign. Then he'll have Stafford behind him all camp helping him smooth the calls and ensure he's ready for the season. I cannot wait to see this OL this year. So excited to see some fucking domination up front. That interior is gonna move MFers.

This was before announced Steve Avila was going to play Center ? I’m not 100% sure,but still what you’ll see is how Smart or how in tune STEVE AVILA is into reading the game of Rugby.

He thinks of what the play is going be & the reason for the play call.
—It just shows how well he understands concepts & game planning. If there is ever a doubt,just look back last year when he was coming out into The 2023 Draft & being The Number 1 Center in The Draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO - The Rams Offensive Line coaches are The Best in The NFL bar none !!

The question I have is who is going to be The Backup Center ?
Could it be the Long Snap on the 48 ?? Yes - I know stupid thought,but on Sundays you need to set up who to pick from the 53 man roster ? Then you need to think about rotations. Do you EVER take that risk with only having 1 Center on Sundays ??? Then you always have to think about WHAT IF’s ??? Just for 1 play who comes in ???

That’s where Stretch(coach) come’s in !!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The question I have is who is going to be The Backup Center ?
If backup center is our biggest worry, we are in darned good shape.
They have the draft still coming, there will be plenty of cuts made and that Mike Mcallister kid played C in college so maybe he could rise

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If backup center is our biggest worry, we are in darned good shape.
They have the draft still coming, there will be plenty of cuts made and that Mike Mcallister kid played C in college so maybe he could rise

Sure - that’s just a simple question & answer. I totally agree ,but making conversation for game day.

McAllister looks the part as of now .I also think The Rams are set on The Offensive Line !!

In FACT I’d say better than I can REMEMBER ??? Your talking Noteboom or Alaric as a 6th Lineman ??

I like building from within ,but counting on a ANCHRUM to me was CRAZYNESS !! Drafting a player like Bruss was an example of FAILURE,but whatever hope The Rams had with him 2 years ago hopefully means he has only gotten better being a Ram(Pro) ?

Yeah - I’ll stop,but I’m not like Oldschool saying draft a LT when (after) Alaric Jackson was resigned with Noteboom being the 6th Man as of Now.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure - that’s just a simple question & answer. I totally agree ,but making conversation for game day.

McAllister looks the part as of now .I also think The Rams are set on The Offensive Line !!

In FACT I’d say better than I can REMEMBER ??? Your talking Noteboom or Alaric as a 6th Lineman ??

I like building from within ,but counting on a ANCHRUM to me was CRAZYNESS !! Drafting a player like Bruss was an example of FAILURE,but whatever hope The Rams had with him 2 years ago hopefully means he has only gotten better being a Ram(Pro) ?

Yeah - I’ll stop,but I’m not like Oldschool saying draft a LT when (after) Alaric Jackson was resigned with Noteboom being the 6th Man as of Now.
Alaric has the inside track for LT but that wont stop them from drafting an OT if a guy they like is there.
AJax is FA after '24, so is Noteboom. Havenstein is a FA after '25. Interior is set for several years, while both T spots have concerns

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OT isn't sexy but if it is there take it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
OT isn't sexy but if it is there take it.

Depends on whom it may be. If Fashanu or Alt drops (not going to happen), sure. If Fautanu is the pick, I'll be annoyed, but I'll get over it because he reminds me of Bakhtiari a bit. I will hate anyone else in the first round.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Depends on whom it may be. If Fashanu or Alt drops (not going to happen), sure. If Fautanu is the pick, I'll be annoyed, but I'll get over it because he reminds me of Bakhtiari a bit. I will hate anyone else in the first round.

Vs. who ? I’m not going to agree,but yes if value is there it makes it tough to ever pass.

Just going to LMFAO if The Rams don’t go Defense First!! Can’t even imagine it.

QB would be another position in theory as well.The way The Rams are set up Incan’t see it any other way.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Vs. who ? I’m not going to agree,but yes if value is there it makes it tough to ever pass.

Just going to LMFAO if The Rams don’t go Defense First!! Can’t even imagine it.

QB would be another position in theory as well.The way The Rams are set up Incan’t see it any other way.

I'd be pissed beyond belief if it was Mims or Fuaga. I'd be absolutely beside myself if it's Latham or Guyton. Like, the-entire-fucking-draft-is-ruined absolutely beside myself.

Quarterback, I could at least understand, given Stafford's age and Garoppolo being...Garoppolo. But drafting a guy whom I'm absolutely certain is going to be a major bust (Latham and Guyton) would be an easy way to piss me off. After Bobby Evans, they should swear off Oklahoma left tackles. And Latham is a typical "looks like Tarzan, plays like baby Jane" type who will only ever be a right tackle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'd be pissed beyond belief if it was Mims or Fuaga. I'd be absolutely beside myself if it's Latham or Guyton. Like, the-entire-fucking-draft-is-ruined absolutely beside myself.

Quarterback, I could at least understand, given Stafford's age and Garoppolo being...Garoppolo. But drafting a guy whom I'm absolutely certain is going to be a major bust (Latham and Guyton) would be an easy way to piss me off. After Bobby Evans, they should swear off Oklahoma left tackles. And Latham is a typical "looks like Tarzan, plays like baby Jane" type who will only ever be a right tackle.
Well I can’t wait for Draft (days) to see what your( group) is saying & thinking leading up to the 19 pick.

IMO - The Rams will TRADE the PICK. Unless it looks like The guy(players) want is still on the board.

Don’t think you will be pissed off at ALL & The Rams will do the right thing. Come Friday Night you’ll be cheersing to a draft well done .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

This time is a smoke screen . WTF - Don’t see this at all.