Road Trip - Where To?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
SoFi looks insane... Every NFL city, stadium, and tailgating setup offers something different.

Any place other than SoFi...

What are your top 1-3 destinations? Place you’d like to see a game, Rams or otherwise, and why?

ImageNameCapacityLocationSurfaceRoof typeTeam(s)OpenedRef(s)
Photo taken from the Mandalay Bay on 7-7-2019..jpgAllegiant Stadium
dagger
65,000Paradise, NevadaGrassFixedLas Vegas Raiders
Pro Bowl
2020[3]
Chiefsgame.jpgArrowhead Stadium76,416Kansas City, MissouriBermuda grassOpenKansas City Chiefs1972[4]
Cowboys Stadium field.jpgAT&T Stadium
double-dagger
80,000Arlington, TexasHellas Matrix TurfRetractableDallas Cowboys2009[5][6]
Carolina Panthers 24 Tampa Bay Bucanners 10.jpgBank of America Stadium75,523Charlotte, North CarolinaBermuda grassOpenCarolina Panthers1996[7]
Seahawksvcowboysatqwest.jpgCenturyLink Field69,000Seattle, WashingtonFieldTurfRevolution 360[8]OpenSeattle Seahawks2002[9]
Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium.jpgEmpower Field at Mile High76,125Denver, ColoradoKentucky bluegrassOpenDenver Broncos2001[10]
FedExField01.jpgFedExField82,000Landover, MarylandBermuda grassOpenWashington Redskins1997[11]
FirstEnergy Stadium field 2016.jpgFirstEnergy Stadium67,895Cleveland, OhioKentucky bluegrassOpenCleveland Browns1999[12][13]
Ford-Field-September-10-2006.jpgFord Field
dagger
65,000Detroit, MichiganFieldTurf Classic HD[8]FixedDetroit Lions2002[14]
Gillette Stadium02.jpgGillette Stadium66,829Foxborough, MassachusettsFieldTurfCORE[8]OpenNew England Patriots2002[15]
Hard Rock Stadium 2017 2.jpgHard Rock Stadium65,326Miami Gardens, FloridaPlatinum TE PaspalumOpenMiami Dolphins1987[16]
Heinz Field02.jpgHeinz Field68,400Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaKentucky bluegrassOpenPittsburgh Steelers2001[17]
Lambeau Field bowl.jpgLambeau Field81,441Green Bay, WisconsinDesso GrassMaster[18]OpenGreen Bay Packers1957[19]
Broncos vs 49ers preseason game at Levi's Stadium.jpgLevi's Stadium68,500Santa Clara, CaliforniaBermuda grass / Perennial RyegrassmixtureOpenSan Francisco 49ers2014[20]
2017-18 NFC championship game.jpgLincoln Financial Field69,596Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDesso GrassMaster[21]OpenPhiladelphia Eagles2003[22]
LucasOilStadiumTheLuke.jpgLucas Oil Stadium
double-dagger
67,000Indianapolis, IndianaShaw Sports Momentum ProRetractableIndianapolis Colts2008[23]
M&T Bank Stadium DoD.jpgM&T Bank Stadium71,008Baltimore, MarylandBermuda grassOpenBaltimore Ravens1998[24]
Peach Bowl Pre-game (39431667481).jpgMercedes-Benz Stadium
double-dagger
71,000Atlanta, GeorgiaFieldTurfRevolution[25]RetractableAtlanta Falcons2017[26]
Saints Stadium (3927508936).jpgMercedes-Benz Superdome
dagger
73,208New Orleans, LouisianaFieldTurfRevolution 360[8]FixedNew Orleans Saints1975[27]
New Meadowlands Stadium Mezz Corner.jpgMetLife Stadium82,500East Rutherford, New JerseyUBU Sports Speed Series S5-M Synthetic Turf[28]OpenNew York Giants
New York Jets
2010[29]
Bills.jpgNew Era Field71,608Orchard Park, New YorkA-Turf Titan 50[30]OpenBuffalo Bills1973[30]
Night Settles on LP Field.jpgNissan Stadium69,143Nashville, TennesseeBermuda grassOpenTennessee Titans1999[31]
Reliantstadium.jpgNRG Stadium
double-dagger
72,220Houston, TexasHellas Matrix Turf[32]RetractableHouston Texans2002[33]
Paul Brown Stadium interior 2017.jpgPaul Brown Stadium65,515Cincinnati, OhioUBU Speed Series S5-M Synthetic TurfOpenCincinnati Bengals2000[34]
Raymond James Stadium02.JPGRaymond James Stadium65,890Tampa, FloridaBermuda grassOpenTampa Bay Buccaneers1998[35]
LAStadiumMay2019.jpgSoFi Stadium
dagger
70,240Inglewood, CaliforniaArtificial turfFixedLos Angeles Rams
Los Angeles Chargers
2020[36]
Soldier field 2006.jpgSoldier Field61,500Chicago, IllinoisKentucky bluegrassOpenChicago Bears1924[nb 1][37]
University of Phoenix Stadium no field.jpgState Farm Stadium
double-dagger
63,400Glendale, ArizonaBermuda grassRetractableArizona Cardinals2006[38]
Superbowl XXXIX, 2005.JPGTIAA Bank Field69,132Jacksonville, FloridaBermuda grassOpenJacksonville Jaguars1995[39]
Vikings-US16.jpgU.S. Bank Stadium
dagger
66,655Minneapolis, MinnesotaUBU Speed Series S5-M Synthetic Turf[40]FixedMinnesota Vikings2016[41]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can name 2 real quick...

Vegas. Looks like a complete destination to travel and experience a blast around and including the game. Raiders fell right into the perfect spot.

Philadelphia... but I’d probably want to attend as an Eagles fan, hit the tailgating hard... soaking up that East coast Philly fan experience. Eat bad, etc. LOL.

KC probably my 3rd, same reasons as Philly but MidWest style.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I see a lot of stadiums use Bermuda grass. I hope they mean zoysia, fescue or some other related strain. In California and the Caribbean, that's referred to as the type of grass that grows in patches and has these really tough rhizomes that take root and form a network underground. They're considered a pest here and will take over your lawn if not uprooted. #DadTalk

xbermuda-grass-pictures-14.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7DeHIUdoBR.jpg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Gillette-Ive always liked the vibe of Boston. The fan base is terrific. The city seems great.

Lambeau-easy...the history

And @cgiI dont care bout your rules...i want to see my Rams play in person one more time. So Sofi it is!!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Besides SoFi, that's easy for me.

1) Miami

The tailgating setup there is just incredible. Your parking space is extra long by design. It's long enough to park 3 vehicles in. That way you have a big spot behind your vehicle to set up a canopy. It's also half grass... the front half of the parking spot is grass and the back is paved. That really helps keep the heat down. Plus... they have a shit ton of pissers available in the tailgating area. The stadium is not just open air as this chart says now either. They now have a roof that hangs over just the seats that helps with rain and sun. The fans are extremely pleasant... unless you're a division rival (they especially hate the Jets). The fans are also very solid with their football knowledge and they are there to have a good time. The nightlife the night before a game is also almost impossible to beat... and the hotel options ARE impossible to beat.

2) Jacksonville

Their tailgating leaves a lot to be desired... and the area around the stadium is lame and almost ghost town like. But... there is a VIP section on both sides of the stadium (both home and visitor) that eliminates the need for tailgating. It's air conditioned with full bar and a huge excellent food selection. Super nice seating. They even offer very nice memorabilia for sale for the visiting team... I mean amazing stuff. Private bathrooms too. The whole Ram Team had their families in there when I went last time. I've never seen anything this nice on a visitor side. It's there because of the Florida vs Georgia game... so each school isn't slighted with amenities.

3) Dallas

I've been to the old stadium there... but seeing the 2nd best football stadium in the world would be something to see I guess.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I see a lot of stadiums use Bermuda grass. I hope they mean zoysia, fescue or some other related strain. In California and the Caribbean, that's referred to as the type of grass that grows in patches and has these really tough rhizomes that take root and form a network underground. They're considered a pest here and will take over your lawn if not uprooted. #DadTalk

View attachment 37338

Its pretty common in the central valley. Very heat resistant. You'll see it at parks, schools, homes, etc. Plus, it goes dormant in the winter and you don't have to mow it after mid December to March. But yeah, if you want that nice looking sod grass it can be hard to keep it away.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Been to every stadium, not some of the new ones, but my top three:

1. Arrowhead Stadium Kansas City....Nothing like it, a sea of Red and the passion, plus the barbecue.
  2. AT&T Stadium in Arlington Texas is a blast, Arlington itself is a great and underrated city, the tailgating is second to none and once again, the barbecue with a little Tex Mex for flair.
  3. Raymond James Stadium, Tampa....Maybe because I love Marco Island & Sanibel Island so much I believe Western Florida is as good as it gets....They love their Buccaneers, however, the Rams have usually had good luck against them, so maybe that is why I like it so much.
  4. Honorable Mention...St. Louis...The tailgating was limited, but the people made every visit an amazing destination!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Besides SoFi...I want to get to Minneapolis, because I want to experience this live:

Others...Pittsburgh for an actual game and not just looking at the outside.

I want to see the Falcon's monstrosity too.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I've never actually been to an NFL game and if I did it's likely to be at Arrowhead since I live close to KC and I've followed them longer than any other team.

My choice would be SoFi when it's done because I've always wanted to see the Rams live even when they were in St.Louis just never got the chance.

HardRock because it's a reason to go to Florida and kick it at the beach.

Mercededs Benz Superdome during a playoff game because the intensity and atmosphere seems unreal.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Besides SoFi...I want to get to Minneapolis, because I want to experience this live:

Man.... yeah, the Skol Chant is pretty good.

Kevin

Pro Bowler

I live here and have been to all the games when the Rams are in town. The Viking’s Gjallarhorn is very cool, gave me chills. The Skol chant feels like something at a premiere league soccer match in Europe, lots of team spirit, gives a boost to the Vikings. They also play this low, rumbling, ominous music when they announce a third down for the visiting team.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Jesus @flv - Japan and Brazil I get. Deutschland’s a couple hours away.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I think Las Vegas would be #1 for me. I think would hurt ourselves and be reduced to penny slots after a couple of hours of "fun."

#2? I'm surprised that CGI was half steppin' by not including Kurt's old team in Des Moines at the Wells Fargo Arena to see the Iowa Barnstormers. Before the game, we meet at Fong's Pizza for Crab Rangoon and General Tsau's Pizzas...20 plus Iowa craft beers on tap. Then stagger to the game....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think a road trip to Buffalo in the month of December would be epic

- Said no one ever

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So, how come SoFi just says "Artificial Turf"? Instead of some fancy high tech turf name like The Viqueens and others have? Anyone have any turf info? Is it the latest and greatest??

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, how come SoFi just says "Artificial Turf"? Instead of some fancy high tech turf name like The Viqueens and others have? Anyone have any turf info? Is it the latest and greatest??
Welp, The Oilers had a deal back in the day from the Astrodome moving sale. ~Stan

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My oldest lives in Vegas still so it's only a matter of time until I catch a Raiduhs game there.

But I think my next away game will be in Nashville. Once this coronashit dies down gonna spend a weekend there in the bars enjoying some live country music and will finish the weekend with a game.

Tampa is a possibility because I have family down there but it would need to be late in the year due to the heat.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I've been to:
•SD - dump
•SF (candlestick) - dump
•LA (Coliseum) - a dump in the ghetto
•Seattle - dope ass stadium but literally nowhere to tailgate, except one street. Had a blast still.
•Denver - cool stadium. AMAZING city. Cool fans, and the tailgates seemed pretty legit.
•Cleveland - cool fans. Stadium better than I expected, but the tailgating is DUMB. You can only drink in 1 parking lot. We literally take "road beers" up to the gates and pound them in front of cops with no problems at home, and you can drink EVERYWHERE.
•Houston - I hate literally everything and everyone in that God-forsaken, POS city. The stadium and their team are our annoying lil brother obsessed with us. Fuck Houston.
•New Orleans - just amazing in every way. Tailgating was cool and cheap. Tons of partying, obviously.

The next stadiums I want to visit: Gillette, Philly, Vikings, Las Vegas, and SoFi.