River's Week 15 2024 NFL Mock Off-Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My first mock of the season back in September had us taking an elite Edge & CB during 2024's Free Agency period, this remains the same today as it did back then. I spend big with our free agency money for Edge Brian Burns & CB Jaylon Johnson or their very NEAR EQUIVALENT.

Current Rams UFA players to extend/re-sign are (if the price is right) :

QB - Carson Wentz
OG - Kevin Dotson
S - John Johnson
WR - Demarcus Robinson

Our RFA's & ERFA's are all likely to return :

DL - Jonah Williams
OLB/DE - Mike Hoecht
OL - Alaric Jackson
ILB - Christian Rozeboom
RB - Ronnie Rivers
DE - Earnest Brown

Current 2024 Rams Mock Draft :

1 - DT) Jer'Zhan Newton, Il.
2 - LT) Patrick Paul, Hou.
3a) C/OG - Powers-Johnson, Or.
3b) ILB - Junior Colson, Mi.
4) TE - Cade Stover, Oh.St.
5) RB - MarShawn Lloyd, USC
6a) WR - J. Michael Sturdivant, UCLA
6b) S - Cole Bishop, Ut.
6c) DT - Fabien Lovett, Fl.St.
7a) K - Joshua Karty, Stan.
7b) Edge - Shemar Turner, A&M

53 Roster :

Offense (26)

QB - Stafford
QB - Wentz
QB - Bennett

RB - Williams
RB - Freeman
RB - Lloyd*
RB - Evans or Rivers

WR - Kupp
WR - Nacua
WR - Atwell
WR - Robinson
WR - Sturdivant*
WR - Tramell

LT - Paul*
LG - Avila
C - Powers-Johnson*
RG - Dotson
RT - A. Jackson
OL - Bruss
OL - McClendon
OG - Z. Thomas
C - Shelton

TE - Higbee
TE - Allen
TE - Long
TE - Stover*

Defense (24)

DL - Donald
DL - Turner
DL - Brown
DL - Newton*
DL - Johnson

Edge OLB - Brian Burns** or free agent equivalent
Edge OLB - Young
Edge OLB - Mathis
Edge OLB - K. Thomas or Shemar Turner*
Edge OLB/DE - Hoecht

ILB - Jones
ILB - Colson*
ILB - Hampton
ILB - Rozeboom

CB - Jaylon Johnson** or free agent equivalent
CB - Kendrick
CB - Durant
CB - Tomlinson
CB - Ojemudia or Jolly

S - Johnson
S - Lake
S - Yeast
S - Bishop*
S - Taylor

Special Teams (3) :

P - Evans
LS - Ward
K - Karty*

* depicts newly drafted player
** depicts new free agent

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Safety looks deeper than Edge in this season’s free agency, and a top-tier safety is less expensive than a premium pass rusher.

Given the depth of this year’s Edge class, I’d go S in free agency and Edge in R1. Newton is a quality prospect but we need someone to pressure the QB more, in my opinion.

I like your draft picks, but fear Paul may not last that long. If we’re after a late-round RB, I like Audric Estime.

Still, it’s all about personal preference and I certainly wouldn’t complain if your scenario came to fruition. Nice job.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
River;

I’m just not getting the “dump Havenstein” mocks. Are you considering the current Rams team still in a state of re-build? If not, I don’t see the unnecessary gamble of moving Jackson to RT and starting 2 rookies without an elder statesman to keep things in control. Plus, the combination of Havs and Dotson is proving more and more lethal in the run game—the essential component in a successful McVay offense.

I see this team/roster close to making a legit run at another title with our veteran cornerstone players:
Donald
Stafford
Kupp
…and yes, Havenstein

After seeing Robinson flourish the last few games, I can’t help but think what he’s doing is not accidental. Our WR group still doesn’t have a fully functioning Cooper Kupp. Think about that. What is Stafford gonna do if Kupp returns to form for the playoffs? With Robinson and Nacua playing at their current levels, the Rams would have the best 1-2-3 punch in the league except maybe the bengals if healthy.

Just bringing in a legit #1 CB and a proven Edge (per your plan) would help the defense IMMENSELY. I like that you drafted more depth on the DL because that’s critical to a consistent defense. Unlike some, you haven’t completely blown up the secondary. We do need an upgrade at #1 CB to lift that unit but there are some good players currently on the roster. Sadly, I don’t see JJ3 getting re-signed.

All in all, I’m in favor of most of your plan. It has the look of a team that believes it’s close. That’s the team I’ve been watching the last few weeks—I just don’t like the idea of tinkering too much with the starting OL.

Thanks for the hard work.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’m just not getting the “dump Havenstein” mocks.
I suspect we have a hostage situation here. Imagine OnD with an evil chuckle as he types up his nefarious plan on River's computer.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
River;

I’m just not getting the “dump Havenstein” mocks. Are you considering the current Rams team still in a state of re-build? If not, I don’t see the unnecessary gamble of moving Jackson to RT and starting 2 rookies without an elder statesman to keep things in control. Plus, the combination of Havs and Dotson is proving more and more lethal in the run game—the essential component in a successful McVay offense.

I see this team/roster close to making a legit run at another title with our veteran cornerstone players:
Donald
Stafford
Kupp
…and yes, Havenstein

After seeing Robinson flourish the last few games, I can’t help but think what he’s doing is not accidental. Our WR group still doesn’t have a fully functioning Cooper Kupp. Think about that. What is Stafford gonna do if Kupp returns to form for the playoffs? With Robinson and Nacua playing at their current levels, the Rams would have the best 1-2-3 punch in the league except maybe the bengals if healthy.

Just bringing in a legit #1 CB and a proven Edge (per your plan) would help the defense IMMENSELY. I like that you drafted more depth on the DL because that’s critical to a consistent defense. Unlike some, you haven’t completely blown up the secondary. We do need an upgrade at #1 CB to lift that unit but there are some good players currently on the roster. Sadly, I don’t see JJ3 getting re-signed.

All in all, I’m in favor of most of your plan. It has the look of a team that believes it’s close. That’s the team I’ve been watching the last few weeks—I just don’t like the idea of tinkering too much with the starting OL.

Thanks for the hard work.

Thank you for your reply. This Mock Draft is a few weeks old and a few of my chosen players have moved up the charts since.

No, the 2024 Rams will not be in a re-building 'state-of-mind', but a limited amount of tweeks should get us to the next level of play as a deep play-off team and Super Bowl contender, imo. I don't really see Havenstein as being 'dumped' so much as I see him as our only decent trade outlet. Havenstein & Morris are likely our only legitimate means for acquiring an additional 3'rd round draft pick, and I'd move either one of them for the opportunity. Havenstein's CAP hit jumps by $5.Mil. next season, and I'm just no longer seeing the value in maintaining an aging player who may not be as effective as in past years. We will also have potential replacements in McClendon, Bruss, Arcuri, or even better, the versatile Alaric Jackson.
Seems the Rams are always playing catch-up with our OL, fortunately we drafted Avila and traded for Dotson this year. Dotson will cost us our 2024 4'th round draft pick, so lets get him re-signed quickly please. Trading Havenstein & Morris should garner both a 3'rd & 4'th round draft pick. The Rams could lose Shelton to free agency, finding our next long-term Center is imperative, I'm hopeful Mccallister can bridge that gap for awhile. Jackson has been adequate at LT, but surely we can upgrade this position. It may not be ideal, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet, two new OL starters by mid-season shouldn't be too much to overcome.

We seem to agree about our CB's & Edge Rusher, ... invest long term here and the entire defense takes on a scary new look for the opposition. I would even try to move up in the draft by using 2025 picks to go after DT J.Newton, LT Paul and Center Powers-Johnson if necessary.
jmo.