River's McVay/Wade Mock ... No trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The next person that includes Grob in their starting lineup ...

tumblr_m6fu7f0oe31rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Really ? You would rather eat nearly $7.mil in dead CAP than even try him at OG ?

TexasRam

Legend
Really ? You would rather eat nearly $7.mil in dead CAP than even try him at OG ?

Yes. And it will be the best $7 mil I ever spent.

Don't get me wrong, I try him at guard in offseason and give him every chance to succeed. But I'm not going into the season counting on him as a starter, that Is offensive suicide. He's a backup needing to earn his way. Ranking 36 on PFF. A few things have to drastically change on offense to get out of the cellar and Oline is one of them.

We have to take drastic measures to get things fixed. Gurley and Goff stand no chance with Olineman that aren't even average let alone worst in the league.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Don't get me wrong, I try him at guard in offseason and give him every chance to succeed. But I'm not going into the season counting on him as a starter, that Is offensive suicide. He's a backup needing to earn his way. Ranking 36 on PFF. A few things have to drastically change on offense to get out of the cellar and Oline is one of them.

We have to take drastic measures to get things fixed. Gurley and Goff stand no chance with Olineman that aren't even average let alone worst in the league.

I'm gonna assume you mean pre-season camp when you say give him a chance to succeed at OG ? GRob was grading better at LG prior to his premature ascension to LT in order to replace the ailing Jake Long. He didn't get much time, but he wasn't the failure he appears at LT up to now. I'll just have to agree to disagree, unlike a guy like Jason Smith, I believe Robinson would have an easier, more successful transition to OG because of his beastly physical tools. jmo.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Let's at least see what we can do with GRob under a competent offensive coaching staff. If he still can't cut it, then fine, we let him go. But given that every single one of our OLinemen looked worse - noticeably worse - in the dumpster fire of an offense put together by Boras last year, I think we owe it to most of these guys to see what they can do with better coaching.