River's 2.0 Mock 2024 NFL Rams Draft ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My first mock of the season back in September had us taking an elite Edge & CB during 2024's Free Agency period, ... also a more moderately priced ILB. This remains the same today as it did back then. I spend big with our free agency money for Edge Brian Burns & CB Jaylon Johnson or their near equivalent.

Current Rams UFA players to extend/re-sign are (if the price is right) :
QB - Carson Wentz
OG - Kevin Dotson
S - John Johnson
WR - Demarcus Robinson

Our RFA's & ERFA's are all likely to return :
DL - Jonah Williams
OLB/DE - Mike Hoecht
OL - Alaric Jackson
ILB - Christian Rozeboom
RB - Ronnie Rivers
DE - Earnest Brown

Current 2024 Rams Mock Draft :

1 - LT) JC Latham, Al.
2 - DT) Jer'Zhan Newton, Il.
3a) C/OG - Powers-Johnson, Or.
3b) ILB - Junior Colson, Mi.
4) TE - Cade Stover, Oh.St.
5) RB - MarShawn Lloyd, USC
6a) WR - J. Michael Sturdivant, UCLA
6b) S - Cole Bishop, Ut.
6c) DT - Fabien Lovett, Fl.St.
7a) ILB - Curtis Jacobs, Pn.St.
7b) Edge - Shemar Turner, A&M

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I like the free agency, but not a fan of Latham at 14 (I’d prefer one of this year’s outstanding edge class there if Fashanu and Alt are both gone) and Newton will be long gone by our second round pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed there's little chance Newton lasts to pick 15 let alone the 2nd round.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
53 Roster :

Offense (26)

QB - Stafford
QB - Wentz
QB - Bennett

RB - Williams
RB - Freeman
RB - Lloyd*
RB - Evans

WR - Kupp
WR - Nacua
WR - Atwell
WR - Robinson
WR - Sturdivant*
WR - Tramell

LT - Latham*
LG - Avila
C - Powers-Johnson*
RG - Dotson
RT - A. Jackson
OL - Bruss
OL - McClendon
OL - Miller
OL - Mcallister

TE - Higbee
TE - Allen
TE - Long
TE - Stover*

Defense (24)

DL - Donald
DL - Turner
DL - Brown
DL - Newton*
DL - Johnson

Edge OLB - Brian Burns**
Edge OLB - Young
Edge OLB - Mathis
Edge OLB - Thomas
Edge OLB/DE - Hoecht

ILB - Jones
ILB - Colson*
ILB - Hampton
ILB - Free Agent ?

CB - Jaylon Johnson**
CB - Kendrick
CB - Durant
CB - Tomlinson
CB - Ojemudia

S - Johnson
S - Lake
S - Yeast
S - Bishop*
S - Taylor

Special Teams (3) :

P - Evans
LS - Ward
K - Reichard*

* depicts newly drafted player
** depicts new free agent

I ran out of time editing out the 7'th round ILB in favor of Alabama Kicker Reichard

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Newton is going first round, probably mid-rounds. He reminds me of AD-lite in college. Explosive athlete, yet powerful for his size.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Seems a bit unrealistic.

No way Brian Burns isn't franchised. Rams will have to trade for him.
Don't pay Jalen Ramsey, but make Jaylon Johnson perhaps the highest paid CB in the league?
If the Rams want Jer'Zhan Newton they'd better use their 1st rounder.
JC Latham plays RT. Unless he goes to Senior Bowl and shows he can play LT that's a bit risky to bank on. Or his Havenstein to be moved?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Seems a bit unrealistic.

No way Brian Burns isn't franchised. Rams will have to trade for him.
Don't pay Jalen Ramsey, but make Jaylon Johnson perhaps the highest paid CB in the league?
If the Rams want Jer'Zhan Newton they'd better use their 1st rounder.
JC Latham plays RT. Unless he goes to Senior Bowl and shows he can play LT that's a bit risky to bank on. Or his Havenstein to be moved?

ya no projects at LT anymore. NO more converted TE's, LG's, etc.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ya no projects at LT anymore. NO more converted TE's, LG's, etc.
Sorry but if we have the chance to draft Joe Alt I'm running to the podium for Les. He went to Notre Dame having played LT and TE in high school and started college playing some TE. He then started at LT the last 8 games of his freshman year and has started the last two years there as well. Dude is 6'8" 322 lbs and the best LT in the draft and in a couple of years coming into the draft. Passing on him because he played TE in high school and a bit his freshman year just doesn't make sense.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry but if we have the chance to draft Joe Alt I'm running to the podium for Les. He went to Notre Dame having played LT and TE in high school and started college playing some TE. He then started at LT the last 8 games of his freshman year and has started the last two years there as well. Dude is 6'8" 322 lbs and the best LT in the draft and in a couple of years coming into the draft. Passing on him because he played TE in high school and a bit his freshman year just doesn't make sense.

Agree on Alt, but should the Rams be drafting in the middle of the first round, I just don't see a snowballs chance in hell that we can get him, ... although offering both our 2024 & 2025 top picks may get us closer.
I'm now leaning more towards DT Jer'Zhan Newton in the 1st and LT Patrick Paul with our 2'nd. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree on Alt, but should the Rams be drafting in the middle of the first round, I just don't see a snowballs chance in hell that we can get him, ... although offering both our 2024 & 2025 top picks may get us closer.
I'm now leaning more towards DT Jer'Zhan Newton in the 1st and LT Patrick Paul with our 2'nd. jmo.
Agreed on where we likely draft he's there or not. Also Newton should go before where we're set to draft now. I'd trade back a little bit take Paul late 1st and add in a pick personally.