RIP: Franco Harris

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a 70's icon, playing for the Steelers. His most memorable play was the Immaculate Reception, which I saw in a barber's chair at Harvs Barber Shop in Whittier, CA. I was 8 years old and it was a dramatic play by Harris in the playoffs, before their string of 4 Super Bowls. It was such an amazing thing when I was young.
RIP, Franco Harris

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Damn. Rest in peace, Franco. Condolences to the family.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I remember watching that play in my living room as a kid. My older brother and dad were big raider fans. Loved those steeler teams because they wouldn’t take any raider crap.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I was a grade schooler at the time and it seemed everyone was either Cowboys or Steelers fan back in those days.

I was in the Steelers camp in that argument and was a Franco Harris fan.

Damn. RIP.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was a grade schooler at the time and it seemed everyone was either Cowboys or Steelers fan back in those days.

I was in the Steelers camp in that argument and was a Franco Harris fan.

Damn. RIP.
I remember the Immaculate Reception watching the game with my Dad being only 6, but it holding my attention and loving Franco's Italian Army as I never liked the Raiders because of liking the Chiefs and Hank Stram.

Still remember my Dad jumping of the couch and saying "Den can you believe it?" Wow, what a play and I thought, it was truly a great game and Franco Harris was a great ambassador. RIP #32, thank you for being great and impacting so many with your extraordinary gifts.

1671716825007.png

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Wow! Some of you guys are really old. And, you actually remember where you were when it happened!

I was in the Bronx, with my family, visiting my paternal grandmother and celebrating an early Christmas.
We would spend Christmas Day (two days later) with my mother's extended family.

It was like two Christmas-days for a boy but the highlight was not the presents ... it was the food. My grandmother spoke little English and cooked only Italian dishes but ... Mother-of-God ... that was some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten. My sisters and I would take the meatballs out of the frying-pan and eat them with our hands ... like Animals! They were perfectly crunchy on the outside but moist and tender inside.

My sisters still discuss them all these years later. They're kind-of-old, like some of you guys.

As for the play, I remember the conversation about whether Raiders' safety Jack (They Call Me Assassin) Tatum contacted Bradshaw's pass attempt to John "Frenchy" Fuqua. Lots of people thought the ball only hit Fuqua, who was drilled by Tatum. knocking the ball into the air for Harris to (maybe) catch it before it hit the ground.

Back then, there was a rule that if two offensive players touched the ball, without a defensive player getting his hands on it in-between, the pass was incomplete. If Tatum did not touch the ball, the question of whether Franco Harris caught the ball would be irrelevant.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't remember seeing it. The first game I vividly remember watching was the 74 NFCG and being a big Rams fan. The weird thing is I don't remember watching the Rams before that, but I know I was a big Rams fan as I was at my grandparents for a dinner and wearing my Sears Rams jacket thst I got for Christmas.

Always thought it was strange I can't recall any games before that though. I was like 7

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow! Some of you guys are really old. And, you actually remember where you were when it happened!

I was in the Bronx, with my family, visiting my paternal grandmother and celebrating an early Christmas.
We would spend Christmas Day (two days later) with my mother's extended family.

It was like two Christmas-days for a boy but the highlight was not the presents ... it was the food. My grandmother spoke little English and cooked only Italian dishes but ... Mother-of-God ... that was some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten. My sisters and I would take the meatballs out of the frying-pan and eat them with our hands ... like Animals! They were perfectly crunchy on the outside but moist and tender inside.

My sisters still discuss them all these years later. They're kind-of-old, like some of you guys.

As for the play, I remember the conversation about whether Raiders' safety Jack (They Call Me Assassin) Tatum contacted Bradshaw's pass attempt to John "Frenchy" Fuqua. Lots of people thought the ball only hit Fuqua, who was drilled by Tatum. knocking the ball into the air for Harris to (maybe) catch it before it hit the ground.

Back then, there was a rule that if two offensive players touched the ball, without a defensive player getting his hands on it in-between, the pass was incomplete. If Tatum did not touch the ball, the question of whether Franco Harris caught the ball would be irrelevant.
i6kB4xJ.gif