Ricky Proehl’s kid Austin on Rams practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan

That's some really decent tape. Nice head fakes. I hate seeing WR tapes where they're wide open from blown coverages -- I wanna see a WR run a tight route & use his head to sell the cuts -- I wanna see contested catches, lay-outs, toe taps, etc. Ricky's kid is pretty good; I'd put Kupp well above him, but A.Proehl has some chops.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
That's some really decent tape. Nice head fakes. I hate seeing WR tapes where they're wide open from blown coverages -- I wanna see a WR run a tight route & use his head to sell the cuts -- I wanna see contested catches, lay-outs, toe taps, etc. Ricky's kid is pretty good; I'd put Kupp well above him, but A.Proehl has some chops.

Yeah, he seems to have some Kupp in him in terms of great routes with deceptive moves that get him open.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
A co-worker of mine's sister-in-law is married to Ricky Proehl. I'll ask him about this tomorrow.

Also, as a matter of fact, I've been meaning to talk to him anyways. He's supposed to be getting me a Proehl autograph to sit next to my Jackson autograph on my desk. SOB must have forgot! :rant:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We ought to put a statue of that catch in front of our new stadium. It was a degree of magnitude greater than that Montana to Clark throw. I want to throw a rock at my tv every time that’s shown.

Maybe put it somewhere inside the stadium and sell snow-cones next to the statue. :whistle:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The most important catch in the history of our Rams. The most important to date..........and will be hard to top.

This is the Rams version of "The Catch".

This is a great clip, and Farr's description of the play is great.........and hearing him say "PROEHL???" is always fun!!!

Perfect pass, fantastic catch. That was Warner doing his version of "I've got this".

Ricky's kids should get a lifetime exemption and always have a roster spot.

there's a clip of warren sapp talking about that play. he still looked frustrated that they made that play. said the db couldn't have had better coverage but kurt just dropped the ball straight into the bucket. that play was unstoppable.

pfft, montana to clark. montana shuffled across and clark was wide open. proehl had the db up his kazoo and kurt had to throw the perfect ball, which he did and proehl made a great catch. not sure why that play isn't discussed as one of the great plays in nfl history.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
there's a clip of warren sapp talking about that play. he still looked frustrated that they made that play. said the db couldn't have had better coverage but kurt just dropped the ball straight into the bucket. that play was unstoppable.

pfft, montana to clark. montana shuffled across and clark was wide open. proehl had the db up his kazoo and kurt had to throw the perfect ball, which he did and proehl made a great catch. not sure why that play isn't discussed as one of the great plays in nfl history.

But Clark went way up on his tippy toes to catch it.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If he can be a student of the game, he'll develop nicely; hope Kupp will teach him all he knows about route running

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That is pretty cool. Austin ran a 4.41 40 at the NFL Regional Combine, and he made a pretty incredible comeback his senior year, after suffering a broken clavicle??, I think. He has a little punt return experience, and he wants to try to contribute in that area, as well. I'll root for him.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Being a Heels fan (is it basketball season yet?), I watched Proehl a lot the last couple of years. The guy can play.