Rich Eisen Wants No Part of Your “Kyle Shanahan on the Hot Seat or Not” Debate | The Rich Eisen Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ

I was reading the comments on this. I think the guy is overrated from a HC standpoint. I dont think he will be fired this year, (hope he stays and makes them worse) but the seat has to be getting hotter. Their personnel moves have been questionable and let people walk (Buckner to the Colts), keeping Jimmy G (to scared to kick him to the curb), and not starting Lance from the get go.

The point is that the media is so scared to say that he is on the hot seat. 31-38 is not a good record. His glory is off on one playoff appearance.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If there wasn’t an injury factor involved then I’d say yes. Shanahan appears to be best suited as an offensive coordinator. He doesn’t come across as an organizational leader type.

But he beats the Rams, he’s had a ridiculous amount of injuries to deal with and he made Jimmy G look like a good QB.

Can I see him getting canned in a few years? Certainly. But right now I don’t think the 49ers organization can keep themselves from making excuses and believing they got the hire wrong.

Two more years.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't think he's anywhere near a hot seat and wouldn't think he should be.
If I'm in charge of evaluating that franchise, I can't ignore the ridiculous injury luck they've had.

I don't like him.. he grates on me.. but he obviously knows what he's doing, imo.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I don’t think Kyle Shanahan is the 49ers problem. Far from it. I mean, he’s owned McVay lately even with injuries to many of his players.

Speaking of injuries, I think the 49ers should take a good hard look at how their strength and training program is constituted. The contrast to the relative health of the Rams is dramatic.

Another area of weakness is their scouting and FO. Compared to the Rams it’s been sorta pathetic.

Fix those 2 areas and we would be amazed at how much ‘better’ Shanny would look.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don’t think Kyle Shanahan is the 49ers problem. Far from it. I mean, he’s owned McVay lately even with injuries to many of his players.

Speaking of injuries, I think the 49ers should take a good hard look at how their strength and training program is constituted. The contrast to the relative health of the Rams is dramatic.

Another area of weakness is their scouting and FO. Compared to the Rams it’s been sorta pathetic.

Fix those 2 areas and we would be amazed at how much ‘better’ Shanny would look.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don't think he's anywhere near a hot seat and wouldn't think he should be.
If I'm in charge of evaluating that franchise, I can't ignore the ridiculous injury luck they've had.

I don't like him.. he grates on me.. but he obviously knows what he's doing, imo.
Medical staff and facilities is also on the head coach. I can't imagine they have that trash of injuries and they're doing everything perfectly to prevent injuries as best they can. The Rams have been blessed with few injuries, credited in large part to how well McVay and the medical staff manage the players.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, no. I wish the 49ers were stupid enough to fire him.....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Medical staff and facilities is also on the head coach. I can't imagine they have that trash of injuries and they're doing everything perfectly to prevent injuries as best they can. The Rams have been blessed with few injuries, credited in large part to how well McVay and the medical staff manage the players.
Reggie Scott's been with the Rams for 11 years.

I think some coaches.. Belichick and Payton come to mind.. may have control over this, but would be surprised if medical and training fell under a coaches responsibilities in most organizations.

Seems like a stretch.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I think some coaches.. Belichick and Payton come to mind.. may have control over this, but would be surprised if medical and training fell under a coaches responsibilities in most organizations.

Seems like a stretch.

I really don't know but I would assume McVay has significant say in the Rams' Training Staff and Reggie Scott's role.

Now the senior medical staff (the doctors and surgeons), I would guess the Front Office has a significant say there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well a good way to help him move along to another team would be to beat the 9ers asses twice this season. I say we do that and then cross our fingers the 9ers be the 9ers and replace him with someone shitty.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I really don't know but I would assume McVay has significant say in the Rams' Training Staff and Reggie Scott's role.

Now the senior medical staff (the doctors and surgeons), I would guess the Front Office has a significant say there.
The Rams definitely seem to be one of the best teams around in terms of preventing and handling injuries. Whatever they're doing I would also think other teams want to know and that might be another element in why everyone steals McVay's asst coaches.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It's all fun and games until you think, "who's out there we could replace him with"? Yeah, Shanny's not going anywhere.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Seems like a stretch.
If most head coaches don't have control over the strength and conditioning coach I'd be shocked. I think that's where injury prevention starts and the rubber meets the recovery road in tandem with the medical staff. It would also surprise the hell out of me if they didn't have significant input into medical staff. Either the HC or the GM. Somebody would have to be able to say the their poor decision making is impacting football operations. It stands to reason it's either the HC or the GM. I'd lean toward HC because they are most closely tied to the medical staff of a daily basis, but I could be wrong.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If most head coaches don't have control over the strength and conditioning coach I'd be shocked. I think that's where injury prevention starts and the rubber meets the recovery road in tandem with the medical staff. It would also surprise the hell out of me if they didn't have significant input into medical staff. Either the HC or the GM. Somebody would have to be able to say the their poor decision making is impacting football operations. It stands to reason it's either the HC or the GM. I'd lean toward HC because they are most closely tied to the medical staff of a daily basis, but I could be wrong.
I think speculation isn’t really useful.
You’re commenting on an organizational issue without knowing how it’s structured.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think speculation isn’t really useful.
You’re commenting on an organizational issue without knowing how it’s structured.
Cool story bro.

I love speculation. It's fun. Plus, you don't know I'm wrong so you're speculating too. Neat, right?