Rest Players or Keep Momentum????

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really hate the idea of giving players a week off going in to the playoffs.

From NBC Sports Bay Area:

Coach Sean McVay intimated that some of his top players will not suit up Sunday when the 49ers come to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in hopes of finishing Kyle Shanahan's first season on a five-game win streak.

“Being locked into that 3rd or 4th seed — every single game is important — but I think it will provide an opportunity for us to potentially get some guys healthier, rest them, give some other guys a chance to step up,” McVay said via the Rams’ official website.

“It is one of those deals where I think you might see us rest some guys and use this week where, you don’t ever take anything for granted, but knowing that you do have a home playoff game regardless of how things play out, this might provide an opportunity for us to get some guys healthy.”

Quarterback Jared Goff and running back Todd Gurley are among the top players on the Rams who could sit out the game. The Rams are obligated to suit up 46 players from their 53-man roster.

Such players as linebackers Mark Barron and Alec Ogletree, along with left tackle Andrew Whitworth and center John Sullivan, could also be held out of the game against the 49ers.

“That’s a luxury that we want to take advantage of," McVay said. “And everything that we do is what we think is best for our football team.”

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I would rest Barwin and Quinn if possible.... let Carlos Thompson and Eubekam (sp?) play the whole game... fresh legs in the pass rush will be big for the playoffs. Barwin has looked a little quicker these last two weeks with the 3 weeks he had off.

I would guess that Neary could come up from practice squad initially to replace Longacre so they can rest Sullivan, Whitworth, and likely Saffold for a portion of the game if he still starts.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would rest Barwin and Quinn if possible.... let Carlos Thompson and Eubekam (sp?) play the whole game... fresh legs in the pass rush will be big for the playoffs. Barwin has looked a little quicker these last two weeks with the 3 weeks he had off.

I would guess that Neary could come up from practice squad initially to replace Longacre so they can rest Sullivan, Whitworth, and likely Saffold for a portion of the game if he still starts.

I'm more inclined to believe Cody Davis will return as he's recovered from IR and adds better depth at Safety and S.T's.
Littleton has already proven to be a quality replacement for Barron, and while Ogletree is likely replaced by Hager, he's been a weaker link and his loss may not be all that felt. I don't rest Quinn because he is our OLB pass rush with 8.5 sacks, along with his hurries. Quinn has been growing stronger of late and we'll need his pass rush ability going against Garoppolo. Ebukam grades far higher than Barwin in both pass rushing & rush defense, so getting Barwin some downtime probably won't hurt much. It may not be so catastrophic starting some of the first up reserves, although those 3'rds who may be rotating behind our 2'nds could cost us some.
I'm fine getting Blythe more engaged at both Center and LG, but one of Saffold or Sullivan should be in while this is going down. As for Whitworth, he as the oldest OLineman could probably benefit the most by taking a week off, although if he's gone don't expect to see much of Gurley for this game either. Williams has some experience while Lucas is yet to see a snap, and if we go with Justin Davis & Malcolm Brown, who knows what to expect ?
I want to win against the 49dickheads of S.Fran, but the play-offs are far more important, so i'll trust in McVay as usual. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
stewie-suicide.jpg