Research Topic: Post WW2 Revenge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Promoting a nazi to lead our rocket and then early aerospace programs has always felt like a regrettable, but highly effective choice.

fearsomefour

Legend
Promoting a nazi to lead our rocket and then early aerospace programs has always felt like a regrettable, but highly effective choice.
Understandable choice made at that time.
Viewing history through the 20/20 vision of the current day is sort of.....strange.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Understandable choice made at that time.
Viewing history through the 20/20 vision of the current day is sort of.....strange.

That's a mistake far too many make.

I've debated people over whether it was right to drop the bomb, and most of them argue from the perspective of today, disregarding the mindset of those at the time who had witnessed two world wars and understood from their own experience the imperative to get to an unconditional surrender from Japan.

bluecoconuts

Legend

What's worse, that, or America granting immunity and covering up war crimes/human experimentation for Japanese Commodes and doctors, including members of Unit 731? They brought a number of them into the United States as well and allowed them to live free (some still to this day), and these guys did some of the most fucked up things during the war. All because they wanted to collect the data on biological warfare.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What's worse, that, or America granting immunity and covering up war crimes/human experimentation for Japanese Commodes and doctors, including members of Unit 731? They brought a number of them into the United States as well and allowed them to live free (some still to this day), and these guys did some of the most fucked up things during the war. All because they wanted to collect the data on biological warfare.

Oh I agree completely.
And I also don't view the decisions from where we stand now, and as a lover of history, I don't judge historical figures from the perspective of modern morality either. If you erase every person or era that doesn't pass the modern morality test, we would have no history left at all.