Report: Rams plan to have Nick Foles at training camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ams-plan-to-have-nick-foles-at-training-camp/

Report: Rams plan to have Nick Foles at training camp

Posted by Josh Alper on July 17, 2016, 12:27 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptdimdy2yzm2ztc4ntmyngqwztiyzdkyy2i0zjq1m2i5-e1447807100282.jpeg
AP
Quarterback Nick Foles wasn’t part of the Rams’ offseason workouts after they made their move up the draft board to draft Jared Goff with the first overall pick.

Coach Jeff Fisher said it wasn’t because Foles didn’t want to compete and called it “a mutual thing” related to Foles’ lack of a future in Los Angeles. Foles is expected to be back with the team for training camp, however.

Vincent Bonsignore of the Los Angeles Daily News reports that the Rams plan to have Foles on the field unless they swing a trade in the next week or so. That seems unlikely given the fact that Foles hasn’t been traded yet, but training camp and the preseason could bring changes in plans elsewhere in the league.

Until that point, Foles can serve as a camp arm for the Rams and insurance against an injury to either Goff, Case Keenum or Sean Mannion. If nothing happens on any of those fronts, the Rams can always cut Foles later in the summer and move on to what they hope is a brighter future at the quarterback spot.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cool Jared Goff will need somebody to carry his shoulder pads.

jap

Legend
We need a camp arm; Nick needs a chance to show he can be relevant with the right system---whatever that might be.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We need a camp arm; Nick needs a chance to show he can be relevant with the right system---whatever that might be.

Already have a camp arm as they signed QB Dylan Thompson for OTA's. My feeling is Foles won't get much work because they don't want him to get hurt and he will be traded if there is an injury or released.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I think that Foles is a dead man walking insofar as a Ram future is concerned.

I think his only remaining value is as a potential trade asset. The Rams will attempt to showcase him in preseason and hope that another team that suffers a QB injury will take a flyer on him. Probably for a 7th rounder. Maaaaaybe a conditional 7th rounder.

That's it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't agree we need another camp arm, but I do agree Foles need to prove he can still be relevant! So maybe by keeping him a little while longer, it will help his trade value!!

Ram65

Legend
Rams have to have him ready for a trade. You also just never know what injuries or set backs can happen even in Rams camp.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't agree we need another camp arm, but I do agree Foles need to prove he can still be relevant! So maybe by keeping him a little while longer, it will help his trade value!!

Bottom line is Nick Foles is signed to a good payday for 2016. He is & has been a solid Ram player.He was a team leader & captain.He still has a lot of respect around the locker room, if not more now.
The NFL is a business & you have to make the most of your opportunity . Nick failed to make that step he needed to for The Rams to have confidence in the future.The Rams had a chance to draft a franchise QB & elected to go in that direction.Nick Foles has value still. I'm sure he has been putting serious hard work in this off season. He believes in himself & the lord.I think he is a true QB journeyman , & wish only the best in his future .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're paying him no matter what so yeah he should be at TC. No point in releasing him now. Wait and see if a team has an injury and wants a cheap backup.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Please!!!!o_O:blah::puke::wtf::liar::liar::liar::liar::liar::liar::liar::liar::liar::liar::liar::liar::wtf::hellno::palm:

. Your 2015 St. Louis Rams captains are Daren Bates, Nick Foles, Johnny Hekker, James Laurinaitis and Robert Quinn.

-- I know Nick Foles & Chase Keenem (Mannion) had an excellent working relationship in the QB room.
-- Tavon & Foles were tight .
I'm not saying Nick Foles will make the roster.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams needed to do what they did to get Goff. But I think people forget or don't realize that Foles was like a rookie QB in that he came from Kelly's system and just wasn't good enough to get the offense quickly enough to run it efficiently. That plus the pressure of needing to perform when he didn't know wtf he was doing did him in.

But the dude is a team player who was told he'd have a chance to compete for the job. Why not let him? The pick compensation the Rams are looking at now is probably so bad they might as well see if he can beat out Keenum and Mannion in year 2 of a real system. Chances are he's a cut, so no big loss it's whatever from my point of view.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I know Nick Foles & Chase Keenem (Mannion) had an excellent working relationship in the QB room.
Whatever he (Foles) did to Case, I hope Mannion doesn't catch it....:eek:

TEAM LEADERS
PASSING YARDS

• PASSING
NAME ATT COMP PCT YDS AVG YDS/G LONG TD TD% INT INT% SACK YDSL RATE
Nick Foles 337 190 56.4 2052 6.1 177.6 68 7 2.1 10 3.0 14 98 69.0
Case Keenum 125 76 60.8 828 6.6 133.3 60 4 3.2 1 0.8 4 28 87.7
Sean Mannion 7 6 85.7 31 4.4 31.0 11 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 85.1
Johnny Hekker 4 1 25.0 20 5.0 1.3 20 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 47.9
Totals 473 273 57.7 2931 6.2 175.3 68 11 2.3 11 2.3 18 126 74.1
Opponents
597 399 66.8 4301 7.2 254.1 87 21 3.5 13 2.2 41 236 90.4

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I figured Andy Reid would have wanted him for a backup since they lost Daniels to free agency. I guess his slow footedness is a big deterrent for the west coast offense.