Reggie Bush Reportedly to Sue City of St. Louis After Season-Ending Injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I think he has a decent case. Not saying he'll win. But not putting anything over that concrete, when everybody knows players are forced to run out of bounds at times and that cleats on concrete are slippery, does seem negligent.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's very few arguments that can't be made successfully in court anymore. To me the plaintiff will end up being the NFL, since it sets the requirements for a game to be played, whether that's player rules or stadium setting. Since he's not going to lose a dime of his wages, I doubt he gets more than maybe a cursory settlement with no admission of guilt. Which is all he really wants, free money.

There are a lot of arguments that can't be made successfully or made period.

And the plaintiff won't be the NFL. Bush is the plaintiff. Plus, he's likely suing for lost future earnings like Zeus Brown did.

Athos

Legend

And everyone but Cookie would come away with herpes. :rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
He is just lookin for a payday. The EJ Dome is not the only dome that has a cement walkway right before the wall in front of the seats. I'm sure the NFL has to sign off on the safety of any stadium or dome used for NFL games. Look how many 1000's of games have been played in stadiums/domes with similar set ups, and it has never been an issue til now.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
How about suing his teammates for letting him run "unabated" through their sideline without a single person trying to help slow him down?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Hey Reggie! Next time you're heading out of bounds, assuming there is a next time, maybe try using full flaps to slow down a bit before you get to the end of the runway and hit the wall? Just a thought...

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about suing his teammates for letting him run "unabated" through their sideline without a single person trying to help slow him down?
they (teammates) probably threw some "liquids of an unknown substance and consistency" in front of him as he was unabating himself into the outside wall like a race car at a nascar event.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
In my opinion, you'd have to prove that the field setup is unsafe, even though over 200 NFL games, along with numerous college and high school games, have been played there without the concrete being a problem. The injury is unfortunate, and it's easy to feel sorry for Bush, but to say the city is negligent would be hard to prove.
This is the piece that is up for debate i think. The "gross negligence" part. The concrete causing the injury is just semantics that is easily proven. Making a case that the concrete portion is knowingly unsafe after it has been that way for over a decade will prove to be tough. And if the NFL does set those standards for the stadium it is absolutely their liability and Reggie will most definitely add them to the case.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the piece that is up for debate i think. The "gross negligence" part. The concrete causing the injury is just semantics that is easily proven. Making a case that the concrete portion is knowingly unsafe after it has been that way for over a decade will prove to be tough. And if the NFL does set those standards for the stadium it is absolutely their liability and Reggie will most definitely add them to the case.

Not just here either. Many, if not most, stadiums have that track. I think it's the track the camera crews use to roll back and forth on the cranes.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
He is just lookin for a payday. The EJ Dome is not the only dome that has a cement walkway right before the wall in front of the seats.

Not just here either. Many, if not most, stadiums have that track. I think it's the track the camera crews use to roll back and forth on the cranes.

I thought they all would have a cement strip just for easy cleaning. I would think more than a few (thousand) beers have been spilled there.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

bush is an injury waiting to happen. he's been injured for at least 5 seasons. maybe the problem is him and not the concrete floor.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan

bush is an injury waiting to happen. he's been injured for at least 5 seasons. maybe the problem is him and not the concrete floor.

Nope, as I wrote in another post, if players have no warning or barrier at all between a playing surface & other surfaces that are known to cause slips & falls, the Owner of the facility is liable. It's just that simple. Even a warning sign mounted to the wall would have been sufficient, if the concrete needs to stay for some reason (camera dollies, etc.). Think of the warning signs between lace-up areas & locker rooms at ice skating rinks--kinda hard to walk on tile or concrete wearing ice skates. The signs warn skaters to remove skates before entering an area; any warning sign to players to stay off of utility surfaces would be sufficient.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
There are a lot of arguments that can't be made successfully or made period.

And the plaintiff won't be the NFL. Bush is the plaintiff. Plus, he's likely suing for lost future earnings like Zeus Brown did.

I meant defendant obviously. I just typed the wrong thing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I meant defendant obviously. I just typed the wrong thing.

I doubt the NFL will be the defendant unless he can prove they are responsible for the stadium.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I doubt the NFL will be the defendant unless he can prove they are responsible for the stadium.
I'm quite sure that the NFL has to have a minimum requirement for a game to be played. If the facility meets those, then I don't see how they are responsible.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm quite sure that the NFL has to have a minimum requirement for a game to be played. If the facility meets those, then I don't see how they are responsible.

I have a feeling the minimum requirements are based on the playing field.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Honestly, probably just STUPID advice, from his agent.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Reggie Bush needs to send his national title hardware back.

And if he gets a dime for that injury on the concrete, the USC seniors from 2010 and 2011 should sue him for twice that amount because they were unable to play in a bowl game due to his NCAA violations when he attended USC. Hell, if I were the mayor of St. Louis I'd appoint a city lawyer to organize such a lawsuit.