Reason Kroenke moved franchise back to LA see list

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
My question how long until 1st?
I'll get back to you on that.

8 Ball No GIF

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams gained $6.34 billion in net worth, in a 9 year span.
A 537% increase in value. 60% per year.
Doubled in value between Aug. 2020 and Aug. 2024, somehow.... during the height of the covid years.... you'd think the value of a spectator-based sports team would go down?
Then again, the cost of almost everything has at least doubled. Cost of commercial construction was about $110/sf avg (in my area) in 2019, now it's almost tripled, $285/sf, and climbing...
So, maybe the doubling in value is just due to inflation?

OH - yeah - I’m not the numbers guy,but Stan had this in play for a while. He says about his story in the helicopter, to say he didn’t have the vision would be an UNDERSTATEMENT!!

Truth is when he flew over he must have CHIT HIMSELF!!! Asking him if he ever flew over Dodger Stadium?

I can get into this if anyone desires??? Money is money & Stan Kronos knows how to make it.He is also ONE - if not The Best Sports owner. The Rams(fans) are blessed.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Kroenke paid a $790M settlement to St. Louis relating to a move that helped him increase the value of the team by several BILLION dollars.

That’ll show him!

dang

Legend
Live through LA to Anaheim to StL to LA and you’ll agree the Rams are exactly where they belong.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As a St. Louisan and Rams fan since 1999, I only care about them winning with players and coaches I can get behind. Everything else is secondary.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
St louis not buying out the top tier clause when Frontierre was alive meant that eventually they'd move.

methomas50

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
St louis not buying out the top tier clause when Frontierre was alive meant that eventually they'd move.
Wasn't there always an agreement that Stan had first dibs on him buying the team if it came up for sale? Didn't that boil down to Georgia's kids not being able to afford the inheritance tax when she passed and having to sell?

sloramfan

Starter
he does methomas...

i went to the rams/cowboy preseason scrimmage(the one before the big fight, i also was at the one with the big fight)...

and happened to be in the beer garden eavesdropping on a table that was discussing the development that was going on around the property in inglewood...

after talking to one developer , i realized the rams were moving PERIOD...

kroenke had the racetrack and land around it, but the developer i was talking to said he was bidding on one of the last propeerties available outside of the kroenke perimeter....

it's so funny i used to go on ramstalk, and try to tell people it's over, the rams are moving...

and the crazy thing was i was so worried that ST LOU would be able to shanghied the rams into having to stay, until that day at ramscamp...

so many online had no clue, and would argue and carry on, like the idiot shane whatever, who thought he had inside info...

hey, all water under the bridge now... my rams are home, where they belong...

go rams

slo

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Oh man I wish I could go back and watch all the talking head shows before the 2017 season.

The biggest bunch of know nothings ever assembled anywhere in the world.

The Rams are shit, McVay is out of his depth, he can't command a room of men. How do these bozos have a job?

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Wasn't there always an agreement that Stan had first dibs on him buying the team if it came up for sale? Didn't that boil down to Georgia's kids not being able to afford the inheritance tax when she passed and having to sell?
Yes..... but my point is that regardless of who owned the team...as long as the top tier clause existed, there was always a chance the they could pursue relocation. After the GSOT won the super bowl, there should have been an effort to buy out that clause. Georgia didn't want to move the team back to LA, but after she was gone, all bets were off. It was crazy for St Louis to have accepted the top tier clause in the first place, but it made it worse not to get rid of it when things were going well. Stan Kroenke had the money to make a privately funded project happen in LA, which was the only way the NFL was going back to LA. But if that top tier clause wasn't there, Kroenke may not have even bought the Rams.....Sahid Khan would have probably bought the team, and would have kept them in St Louis.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
What do you mean "buying out"?
"Hey Georgia. The Greatest Show on Turf is awesome....the City and the Region Loves the Rams..... why don't we put a package together to do some upgrades on the Dome.....and in return, we get rid of the Top Tier clause?"

My guess is that after 1999, she would have agreed to that. The top tier clause was NEVER her idea anyway. It was John Shaw's and idea, and he didn't expect St Louis to accept it. If St Louis had rejected the clause, John Shaw said the deal would have still gone through.

People have claimed that Georgia put the clause in as a way to let her kids move the team back to LA in the future. I just don't buy that at all, and John Shaw debunked that idea as well.

It's possible that Kroenke would have still bought the team, and still tried to move it.... but the clause laid out an agreed upon way for the team to leave. The league wouldn't allow a clause like that in a relocation plan today, and justifiably so....and honestly I can't blame the city for accepting it at the time, because getting the NFL back was a huge deal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
"Hey Georgia. The Greatest Show on Turf is awesome....the City and the Region Loves the Rams..... why don't we put a package together to do some upgrades on the Dome.....and in return, we get rid of the Top Tier clause?"

My guess is that after 1999, she would have agreed to that. The top tier clause was NEVER her idea anyway. It was John Shaw's and idea, and he didn't expect St Louis to accept it. If St Louis had rejected the clause, John Shaw said the deal would have still gone through.

People have claimed that Georgia put the clause in as a way to let her kids move the team back to LA in the future. I just don't buy that at all, and John Shaw debunked that idea as well.

It's possible that Kroenke would have still bought the team, and still tried to move it.... but the clause laid out an agreed upon way for the team to leave. The league wouldn't allow a clause like that in a relocation plan today, and justifiably so....and honestly I can't blame the city for accepting it at the time, because getting the NFL back was a huge deal.
OK. I was very involved in the details of the move on both sides. When they moved to the Lou, I was very upset and looked into it. When there was talk that they MIGHT move back to LA, I was skeptical because Stan is a Missouri native and helped bring the Rams to the Lou. I researched everything in their contract with the St Louis crowd and found nothing that alluded to what you're talking about about EXCEPT that if terms were not fulfilled, that they could move the team.
The top tier stipulation was agreed to by all parties and shortly after, the city, event center association, and mayor decided that they wanted to renegotiate the lease. Neither Stan nor Georgia were having any part of that.

When Stan exercised his right of first refusal, he entertained the idea that they could build a stadium but he had already set his sights on the Hollywood Park property. He let that play out and if you look at what they laid out, you can see why it was a non-starter. The city was going to build the stadium on the river. Stan was supposed to come up with 40% of the cost, the NFL I believe was supposed to front 40% as well.

With their 20% investment, the city, county, and trade bureau was supposed to retain all revenues (except for a small percentage that would go to the Rams) of all concessions, extra activities, parking, etc...

Georgia died when any negotiations about the top tier clause were in their infancy.

I firmly believe that Stan would have built a state of the art facility in his home state if the government and non-government entities would have just left him alone.

Instead, they tried to fuck him and you just don't do that with someone with the means of a Stan Kroenke with a wife that is a Walmart heir.

He then got information about the Hollywood Park property that was no doubt already on his investment group's radar and the obvious became obvious.

Stan is a money machine and he does it in very various ways. I have researched his holdings. Some are ridiculously good for the locals, some, not so much.

Bottom line is that he has improved the productivity of virtually every property he has invested in.

Clearly, the Rams are no exception.