LEGEND Really Cool Photos / Videos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMG_8539.jpeg

My wife likes to do sports photography. She shot this one in the field house next to the stadium. It’s our defensive line. Lincoln is #54

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just added this juvenile bat fish to my tank last night. He's looking at his reflection. He's about 4" tall for perspective.

The juveniles have this amazing color as a defense mechanism. This colouration mimics a poisonous sea slug that lives in their local waters. No predators would dare to eat one. Amazing how nature works these tricks out.

They are the reverse of an ugly duckling though. They have this incredible colouration as a juvenile, but once they grow big enough they lose these colors and become plain and basically ugly adults. Still have the bat shape... but the colors become lame. When that time comes I will get rid of it.

IMG_20240115_202802_600.jpg

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Football season (for the Rams) ends….time for birding!

Painted Bunting taken today in Lakeland, FL.
IMG_4645.jpeg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
something you don't see every day

Young riders refuel during a children's sidecar race in Berlin, Germany, 1931.

qx7jrxsci1tb1.jpg

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Just let me say, up front.... I'm not sure how any of this happens... :laugh4:
Yeah... it is weird and this is Portland... but, damn - this is still an airport! :thinking:

Background: My wife & daughter have some llama's & alpaca's that they do therapy interactions with... They also do appearances for parties, corporate events (and airports)... and so on, mostly 'cuz the charity side alone doesn't put gas in the tank! Enjoy.

Then there is this...

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=947075903444919

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMG_1586.png

On the side of a little highway in the middle of Nowhere Northern Arizona

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sunset crater about 20 miles NE of Flagstaff Arizona. Erupted almost 1,000 years ago. This whole volcanic area is one of my favorite regions to come back to every so often.
IMG_1602.png

myale

UDFA
Name
Mark
8b2bc6b886b428f0eeff0fe165441aeb.jpg

ya wont see this anymore... i got to see the take off of this back in the early 80s at EAB in Lancaster Ca as a BSA

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just added this juvenile bat fish to my tank last night. He's looking at his reflection. He's about 4" tall for perspective.

The juveniles have this amazing color as a defense mechanism. This colouration mimics a poisonous sea slug that lives in their local waters. No predators would dare to eat one. Amazing how nature works these tricks out.

They are the reverse of an ugly duckling though. They have this incredible colouration as a juvenile, but once they grow big enough they lose these colors and become plain and basically ugly adults. Still have the bat shape... but the colors become lame. When that time comes I will get rid of it.

View attachment 63910
even if they eat shrimp ? that always kept my oscars and such a nice shade of orange.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
even if they eat shrimp ? that always kept my oscars and such a nice shade of orange.

It wouldn't matter what you feed them. They basically turn into an ugly gray fish when they mature. The juvenile coloring is a defense mechanism... they are purposely imitating a poisonous sea slug to keep predators from eating them when they are small. Once they grow to adult size... the black and orange colors completely vanish. Most people don't even know that the adults are the same species as the juveniles.