LEGEND Really Cool Photos / Videos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seven Years of Halley Dust

History's first known periodic comet Halley (1P/Halley) returns to the inner Solar System every 75 years or so. The famous comet made its last appearance to the naked-eye in 1986. But dusty debris from Comet Halley can be seen raining through planet Earth's skies twice a year during two annual meteor showers, the Eta Aquarids in May and the Orionids in October. Including meteors near the shower maximum on October 21, this composite view compiles Orionid meteors captured from years 2015 through 2022. About 47 bright meteors are registered in the panoramic night skyscape. Against a starry background extending along the Milky Way, the Orionid meteors all seem to radiate from a point just north of Betelgeuse in the familiar constellation of the Hunter. In the foreground are mountains in eastern Slovakia near the city of Presov.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap221028.html
10-29-22.png

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
11-11-22.png

NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day
Nov 11 2022

Blood Moon, Ice Giant

On November 8 the Full Moon turned blood red as it slid through Earth's shadow in a beautiful total lunar eclipse. During totality it also passed in front of, or occulted, outer planet Uranus for eclipse viewers located in parts of northern America and Asia. For a close-up and wider view these two images were taken just before the occultation began, captured with different telescopes and cameras from the same roof top in Shanghai, China. Normally very faint compared to a Full Moon, the tiny, pale, greenish disk of the distant ice giant is just to the left of the Moon's edge and about to disappear behind the darkened, red lunar limb. Though only visible from certain locations across planet Earth, lunar occultations of planets are fairly common. But for this rare "lunar eclipse occultation" to take place, at the time of the total eclipse the outer planet had to be both at opposition and very near the ecliptic plane to fall in line with Sun, Earth, and Moon.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Could you give some details about that pic? It says something, that’s for sure.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
About a year ago I posted a pic of an extremely fat bear that was in one of my neighbor's yard.

Well... this was taken this morning in another neighbor's yard. Mama and a cub at least a year old I'm guessing.

BTW... this is why you should never have a bird feeder (with seeds) in your yard. Bears love the seeds. Mama broke through the fence.

IMG_6694.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
About a year ago I posted a pic of an extremely fat bear that was in one of my neighbor's yard.

Well... this was taken this morning in another neighbor's yard. Mama and a cub at least a year old I'm guessing.

BTW... this is why you should never have a bird feeder (with seeds) in your yard. Bears love the seeds. Mama broke through the fence.

View attachment 58144
Wouldn't have thought you'd have much bear action down there.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wouldn't have thought you'd have much bear action down there.

It's mainly around the Wekiva River area when it comes to Orlando area... there are 2 lakes in my neighborhood that are somehow connected to that. They are spring fed lakes but they claim that they are connected to Wekiva. They cluster most around this area.

But they are here. It is surprising for many. Some areas here won't allow you to take the trash out the night before your pick-up days... you have to take it out the day of collection... otherwise the bears will make a giant mess.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
5DCC1F88-97F9-4953-9D18-F50C403B2F52.jpeg
58A81A30-40E1-4F94-B436-F6F11F1662C7.jpeg

Yep…bears in Central Florida are a thing (and yes… that’s why I don’t have bird feeders!)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I never associated Florida with bears.

Alligators, Crocodiles and Crazy people, but never bears.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu