LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have a Masterbuilt Gravity Series. It's cool because it is a charcoal grill that has wifi. So I can get it started and monitor and/or adjust it on my phone.

I can also use splits in the hopper so I get really good wood smoke flavor.

I ended up going with 250 for about 4 hours as it was pretty warm here.
Any advice for a good cheap smoker? Got a propane grill but smoking seems kinda a pain with it. low and slow always way ive gone. Want to start smoking many meats.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Any advice for a good cheap smoker? Got a propane grill but smoking seems kinda a pain with it. low and slow always way ive gone. Want to start smoking many meats.
Depends on what you consider cheap. I bought mine for about $500 three years ago. Because it's wifi enabled, it doesn't really get much simpler to operate. Maybe not quite as simple as a pellet grill but far better flavor. Upright propane fired smokers work pretty well and are much cheaper. I had three 27" wide propane smokers behind my restaurant that I used all the time. You can probably pick a smaller one of those up for around $200.