RamsOnDemand Update - Preview / New Stuff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious, I’m seeing that I have notifications but when I check, there are none. Is this something I’m missing or just working out the kinks?

Thanks for all you do in making this the best Rams (or for me, social media period) website there is!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just curious, I’m seeing that I have notifications but when I check, there are none. Is this something I’m missing or just working out the kinks?

Thanks for all you do in making this the best Rams (or for me, social media period) website there is!
The notification no longer goes away on each post unless you click on each one

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess this is only on phones? Yeesh. This doesn’t bode well with OCD, I have to click on every notification to make sure it was opened? Oh boy....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Can you check that once you've cleared them, that does not continue? And... of course a clearing of your phone cache. Maybe a browser refresh, etc.

The new alert system allows you to "mark a conversation unread" so you can remind yourself to come back to it.

The little dot on the right is what marks them. If you press that dot, it will mark "unread". Press again, it unmarks.

I have noticed on my mobile phone I've hit those accidentally. Now that I am aware of this, I can avoid it.

There might be a setting I can modify and I will look into options. But, the ability to mark unread is a feature that could be useful.

Lastly I'm using FireFox. It's possible a particular browser is not playing nice. Can I ask the browser of your mobile?

mobile view 2.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay... the way the alerts work...

"You open the alert bell and non-action-required alerts will get marked as read automatically (reactions, for example) while more content-attached ones (watch, quote, mention) will stay unread until you visit the content (or manually mark them as read)."

There appears some browsers clearing the bell alert, while others leave it lit. Not sure if this has a solution yet.

Continuing to check.