Rams Week 2 Snap Counts ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
2 snaps for Atwell. Awesome usage.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want fewer snaps for Donald and Kupp, for sure.

4 more weeks before Bobby Brown returns from suspension, Van Jeff likely returns against Arizona or S.F.
I'm a bit surprised that Jonah Williams has had so few defensive snaps.
jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
4 more weeks before Bobby Brown returns from suspension, Van Jeff likely returns against Arizona or S.F.
jmo.
Yeah.. I'm hoping for a big step up from BB this season.. just one to "dependable rotational player" to help out.
Van will help in a lot of ways, imo. His connection with Stafford deep is important.

I'm not surprised about Williams.. it was preseason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team has to get to him on the depth chart. Meaning they can't just start playing the third stringer more. They have to trot the guys ahead of him on the chart out there first and if/when they fall short in what's required they can start transitioning to him getting more looks.

I do think he will have an important role for this defense this year. His game has things that benefit the unit for sure. Figure by season's end he'll be a primary rotation piece so he'll be getting a good amount of snaps.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2 snaps for Atwell. Awesome usage.
I posted in another thread and don’t want to overplay the point… but with these snap counts Atwell should have played in the preseason.

He needs NFL reps. We are all left guessing what he has, or doesn’t have.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I posted in another thread and don’t want to overplay the point… but with these snap counts Atwell should have played in the preseason.

Could it be that they're saving him for Arizona ? Jacob Harris was returned to the practice squad following the Atlanta game. Or are the Rams anticipating the return of Van Jeff for the Cards game ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Could it be that they're saving him for Arizona ? Jacob Harris was returned to the practice squad following the Atlanta game.
I don’t know how I think about saving ANYTHING in the NFL… but I like how you’re thinking. (y)

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Well apparently in their mind the interior OL was not that huge a need. They had confidence in Allen, Corbett, Edwards, etc... I remember McVay pointing out that their top 9 ir 10 OL were all coming back and they felt there was no need to replace anyone in that group.

I mean they did win the SB afterall.

Now, Tutu may have been a reach, but McVay apparently felt speed at the WR position was a huge need ans not currently on that roster at that point. So they took a shit with him.

And far as taking OL high, there are probably more 1st round busts at OL than any other position. So it's not a slam dunk.

Couldn’t agree more. It will be yet another week gone by and he has not had a significant outing in terms of reps. Are we supposed to think he’s ready any time the Rams are willing to turn him loose—is he some sort of secret weapon?
Doubt it.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Seems like Fuller is the #3 Safety.... Wondering what's that about?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Seems like Fuller is the #3 Safety.... Wondering what's that about?
Morris has a weird fascination with Rapp. It can't be explained or rationalized, but he keeps sending the guy out there despite the results.