Rams Waive RB Larry Rose, DB Chucky Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again making adjustments before camp, plenty at RB with Gurley, Brown, Davis & Kelly along with Nick Holley, the signing of Safety Nate Holley might have made it easier to release Williams. Again I suspect they would sign a long snapper to take some of the workload off McQuaide during training camp.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Weren't a few here excited about picking up Rose a bit ago?

Doesn't really matter who the Rams pick up, someone is going to be excited..Part of the fun before training camp. A Rose, Carnation even a Pansy, the latter not intended for former 1st round pick Jason Smith.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Again making adjustments before camp, plenty at RB with Gurley, Brown, Davis & Kelly along with Nick Holley, the signing of Safety Nate Holley might have made it easier to release Williams. Again I suspect they would sign a long snapper to take some of the workload off McQuaide during training camp.

The bolded part made me smile! How hard is it to be a long snapper? The toughest part of being a long snapper might be making small talk with the other players in between drills.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Doesn't really matter who the Rams pick up, someone is going to be excited..Part of the fun before training camp. A Rose, Carnation even a Pansy, the latter not intended for former 1st round pick Jason Smith.

I guess so. I never saw him play and thought maybe I was missing something on Rose. I am not so excitable anymore. I greet each new addition with an wait and see approach.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am not so excitable anymore. I greet each new addition with an wait and see approach.

Good points and I too temper my enthusiasm until I have an opportunity to research and see if there is a fit. Over the years the likes of London Fletcher, Rodney McCleod & Johnny Hekker have been fun to see develop into special players.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Davin Joseph, Jason Smith, GRob, Avery, Quick and Pead have all tempered my enthusiasm. (I could add a lot more here, but then I'd get so depressed I'd have to take 2 Xanax and go to bed).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Good points and I too temper my enthusiasm until I have an opportunity to research and see if there is a fit. Over the years the likes of London Fletcher, Rodney McCleod & Johnny Hekker have been fun to see develop into special players.

I love the hidden gems as much as anyone. I just want them to prove it first. Littleton is the latest and I paid him no mind until he started making ST plays each game.

Davin Joseph, Jason Smith, GRob, Avery, Quick and Pead have all tempered my enthusiasm. (I could add a lot more here, but then I'd get so depressed I'd have to take 2 Xanax and go to bed).

Yes that is my main reason too. I didn't like any of the players that you listed to begin with, but there have been enough over the years that I expected more from and didn't turn out great. The last one I really got behind was Ron Bartell. After many flashes and an injury he just never got there. No more .

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
UDFA SS Chucky Williams was more of a in the box safety type & not what Wade normally prefers.

I was expecting that some of the large number of UDFA safeties that the Rams signed earlier after the draft would begin to be released after the signing of Nate Holley on 6-7-18. Rams signed him to a 3 yr contract & in 2021 he will be only a RFA! I expect this safety to make Bones very happy early in TC & pre season. This 5-11 209 lbs FS/SS can bring the hit with his tackle. NH was a play-maker & leader of Kent State defense... .registering more than 100 tackles in each of his last three years, including a career-best 139 as a junior. He averaged a nation-leading 8.9 solo tackles per game.

I would also believe Wade & his DB coach saw some excellent stuff from Nate Holley during the Mandatory mini-camp: June 12-14 this past week. (Afolabi Laguda/ Steven Parker/ Ramon Richards)
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...-roster-preview-ramon-richards-oklahoma-state

Rams have 3 safeties from last seasons 53 master roster entering Free Agency in March of next yr. & with major concerns over the Rams salary cap salary cap in 2019 the safety unit is a area to look for some relief. Thus some of these new 2018 arrivals stand a very good chance to bump off some of the more expensive ones i.e.(Lamarcus Joyner/ Blake Countess/ Isaiah Johnson/ Marqui Christian) in order to secure the services (new $$$$ contracts) for players i.e Brandin Cooks/ Aaron Donald/ Marcus Peters/ Micheal Brockers/ Todd Gurley/ Rodger Saffold/ Rob Havenstein/ Jamon Brown .

Last edited: