Rams waive RB Daryl Richardson & DT Jermelle Cudjo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
An offense like the Eagles or KC could work for DR.

Cudjo was beat out by Matt Conrath last season as the first reserve DT rotated in. Makes sense to me now that you draft a DT with your first round pick and then sign a starting DL'er in Free Agency.

I can see DRich working well at KC - good call

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yea. No hostility here, CoachO. Sometimes my posts seem aggressive, that's just my writing style.

Perhaps he was trying to explain the way it works to a layperson? Someone whom he think wants exact monetary figures. But if you look at the numbers on http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Rams&Year=2014 , there's no way that some of those salaries will cancel out when we sign our new first rounders and second rounder.

Well, again, considering one of the things that the Rams have shown to be their MO, they don't actually sign the rookies till much later in the process than many of the other teams out there. I am sure that there will be other veteran cuts in the meantime, or restructures that aren't reported which is why I describe this as a fluid situation. I do understand how the whole signing higher picks will impact the FINAL bottom line, but the preseason cap is not a true indicator of the final numbers.

I really don't want to hijack this thread by turning it into a CAP discussion. And I am not real sure what you are trying to imply by the term "lay person". Unless someone is directly involved with the organization, there is no accurate "real time" information out there, for anyone to access. The website you posted, is just a tool that is hardly 100% accurate.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Well, again, considering one of the things that the Rams have shown to be their MO, they don't actually sign the rookies till much later in the process than many of the other teams out there. I am sure that there will be other veteran cuts in the meantime, or restructures that aren't reported which is why I describe this as a fluid situation. I do understand how the whole signing higher picks will impact the FINAL bottom line, but the preseason cap is not a true indicator of the final numbers.

I really don't want to hijack this thread by turning it into a CAP discussion. And I am not real sure what you are trying to imply by the term "lay person". Unless someone is directly involved with the organization, there is no accurate "real time" information out there, for anyone to access. The website you posted, is just a tool that is hardly 100% accurate.

Fair enough.

And by Layperson I mean someone who isn't a professional in NFL contracts like him. You most often hear it in regards to priests. Where the congregation of a church are laypersons since they aren't priests.