Rams update: 5-month recovery for Saffold after surgery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is so true, and sometimes it starts with something little. As a little interesting aside, I remember a European soccer player a few years back kept having lower back trouble and hamstring injuries. Eventually they figured out it was because one of his teeth was a millimeter too long or something like that. It meant that when in a resting state his jaw was locked more tightly than it should, leading to the muscles on the left side of his neck being too tight. This in turn meant his back muscles were too tight and then his hip and so on all the way down to the hamstring. It all went away when they shaved the excess length off the tooth.

Back on topic it feels like Saffold's played his last snap for the Rams. The guy is just always hurt. You can't rely on him and pay him $6m because you can be almost certain that he's going to go down hurt again and this will disrupt the line, and stop you bringing in a replacement who can stay healthy even if he's not as talented as Rodger because you hang on to the hope that he'll be ok. That's why even a $3 saving in the cap hit might be worth it - just to mentally say "Ok we're moving on" and get a new starting quality guy in.
How the body works is very interesting.
There have been experiments with mouthpieces that line up the jaws correctly with baseball pitchers. The immediate improvement in pitching velocity was significant.
I will go to or send my guys to a great physical therapist/trainer I know over a doctor for any lingering issues. A lot of knee pain for example relates to the hips being out of whack and the hips/pelvis rotation incorrectly.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
This is so true, and sometimes it starts with something little. As a little interesting aside, I remember a European soccer player a few years back kept having lower back trouble and hamstring injuries. Eventually they figured out it was because one of his teeth was a millimeter too long or something like that. It meant that when in a resting state his jaw was locked more tightly than it should, leading to the muscles on the left side of his neck being too tight. This in turn meant his back muscles were too tight and then his hip and so on all the way down to the hamstring. It all went away when they shaved the excess length off the tooth.

Back on topic it feels like Saffold's played his last snap for the Rams. The guy is just always hurt. You can't rely on him and pay him $6m because you can be almost certain that he's going to go down hurt again and this will disrupt the line, and stop you bringing in a replacement who can stay healthy even if he's not as talented as Rodger because you hang on to the hope that he'll be ok. That's why even a $3 saving in the cap hit might be worth it - just to mentally say "Ok we're moving on" and get a new starting quality guy in.
Exactly what happened with me, but it was one leg that was a millimeter or two shorter than most people's. Found out years after my playing career, and multiple leg, back, and neck injuries.

My niece is studying to do massage, facials, etc, at a beauty school, and they do toe massages that relieve pressure in certain parts of your upper body, and limbs. Like acupressure.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If on roster, $5 mil cash paid, $6 mil cap hit. If cut early, $3 mil cap hit (3 years of prorated signing bonus). His $4.5 mil salary for 2016 becomes guaranteed on the third day of the league year.
If thing go well the rest of the season, I wouldn't plan on Saffold being around in 2016! Enough is enough, he can't seem to stay health!
Once bitten twice shy!
He doesn't have the same possibilities Bradford did!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That sucks.

Why would you want to cut an injured player right after he gets hurt, especially if he happens to be a starter? Cut him at the end of the season, sure, but not now.