Rams turn 9,000-square-foot Malibu mansion into 2021 NFL draft headquarters

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Cameron DaSilva

April 19, 2021 10:31 am
There was a lot of talk on social media about the draft war rooms of NFL coaches and general managers last year as representatives of each team worked remotely during the pandemic. Klif Kingsbury took the cake with a luxurious setup at his home, sitting on a couch with his feet up on the coffee table.
This year, the Los Angeles Rams are sure to get a lot of attention for their draft headquarters. In a partnership with Rocket Mortgage, they converted a massive 9,000-square-foot Malibu mansion into their draft pad, with an infinity pool and views of the Pacific Ocean.
The league is allowing a select number of people from each team to be together for the draft this year, with a maximum of 10 fully vaccinated individuals able to be in the room at once. The Rams have plenty of space to spread out at their luxurious remote location, and they’ll be the only team in the NFL to make their picks away from their headquarters.

Fans can also enter to win a three-day stay at the Malibu home two weeks after the draft from May 14-16. And it sounds like this won’t be the first time the Rams pull something like this off for the draft.
“To complement the bold leadership of Les and Coach McVay, we continue to push the envelope in how we operate and collaborate with our partners,” said Rams Vice President of Partnership Marketing Lexi VonderLieth. “We are thrilled to work with Rocket Mortgage to build this stunning and first-of-its-kind Draft headquarters and set the foundation for drafting a little differently for years to come.”
Check out photos of the home below, courtesy of the Rams.
E_TOWL1106.jpg

Photo credit: Los Angeles Rams

E_TOWL1263.jpg

E_TOWL1365.jpg

E_TOWL1368.jpg

E_TOWL1414.jpg

E_TOWL1654.jpg

E_TOWL1664.jpg

E_TOWL2164.jpg

E_TOWL2288.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yahoo Sports
Rams turn swanky Malibu beach house into NFL draft war room with a view
Cassandra Negley
Cassandra Negley

·Writer
Mon, April 19, 2021, 9:57 AM

The most chaotic part of the Los Angeles Rams 2021 draft war room might be the literal ram walking through it.
Head coach Sean McVay, general manager Les Snead and the Rams will operate out of a 9,000-square-foot Malibu pad for the 2021 NFL draft that begins April 29. The team will also "host other team business" from the house throughout May.
This place is swanky.

The Rams don't have a first-round pick after sending them to Detroit in the trade for quarterback Matthew Stafford. That might mean a little more pool relaxation on Thursday ahead of the second and third rounds on Friday.
The draft house is an activation with partner Rocket Mortgage as shown in large letters in every major room. The team and Rocket Mortgage will launch a sweepstakes for a fan to stay in the house from May 14-16.

The Rams' announcement reminded fans of another NFC West squad that drew all the luxurious praise in the league's first virtual draft. Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury flexed at the 2020 draft by lounging on his comfy couches in front of floor-to-ceiling glass. A cabana and the desert mountains framed the photo the Cardinals tweeted out as the draft began.
Virtual drafts have brought out charm and personality we're not used to seeing at the standard non-pandemic events. Here's to what the Seahawks or 49ers one-up these two with next April.

Psycho_X

Legend
Seems pointless but ok. As long as they make good picks they can do it at the bottom of a massage parlor's trash dumpster that Robert Kraft frequents for all I care.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stan was living in Malibu so this sounds like the owner throwing a bone to his guys to get them to do stuff closer to him. Nice perk for the staff who get to take advantage of it.

I also wonder if Stan gave up the place for that purpose. Maybe it's his property.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Our football people are going to get Rocky III soft if this lavish, cushy work environment continues.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Stan was living in Malibu so this sounds like the owner throwing a bone to his guys to get them to do stuff closer to him. Nice perk for the staff who get to take advantage of it.

I also wonder if Stan gave up the place for that purpose. Maybe it's his property.

My guess is that their sponsor for this event, Rocket Mortgage, is picking up the tab. jmo.

btfd16

Rookie
Who else zoomed in on the board even though you know they'd never allow that posted.... just in case

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My guess is that their sponsor for this event, Rocket Mortgage, is picking up the tab. jmo.
A 9k square foot mansion purchase in Malibu strikes me as an immense investment for a company to make. Seems more likely this is one of Stan's properties and they got the gig to advertise it. Not like it matters or anything I'm just curious.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also wondering if this leads to inviting a media type to cover the Rams' draft process. Guessing it won't be Silver of course. :ROFLMAO:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A 9k square foot mansion purchase in Malibu strikes me as an immense investment for a company to make. Seems more likely this is one of Stan's properties and they got the gig to advertise it. Not like it matters or anything I'm just curious.

Who said anything about a 'purchase' ? More likely a short rental. You really believe that a very private Stan Kroenke is going to let one of his properties get a temporary makeover and allow for a fan to win a contest to live in his place for a couple days ?
Malibu homes are often rented short term.

Tano

Legend
Whitworth should not be hitting golf balls in the ocean. Didn't he watch the Seinfeld episode where George pretending to be a marine biologist (I think that's what he was pretending to be) and pulled a golf ball from the whales blow hole after Kramer hit some golf balls in the ocean?

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Considering people are leaving cali in droves, it might not have costed that much.

Edit: and I mean "not that much" in terms of a corporation with billions.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River