Rams top 2 picks are rookie pressure leaders so far

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
4 out of 5 DL are rookies or 2nd-year players, they still have a lot of headroom to get better. I think they are missing the on-field leadership of AD. I hear Verse is a natural leader and KT sure seems to be too but you don't make up for the loss of an AD on the field, his play aside his leadership and direction is missed.
I can almost hear him telling Verse hey kid great work but make sure you get your target, stay under control or whatever the wise words would be.

They will get there, I would love an established vet NT in the mix, I think it would have a huge impact

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This young defense has had its share of struggles. Growing pains etc. They have only played with a lead for just over 4 minutes in the first 3 games. Give them a lead to play with and pressure turns into sacks. Rams offense has to answer the bell earlier in the game as they have only scored a combined total 13 points in the first half this season. Better offense will lead to better defense.

Damn straight.

Stafford's first completion against the whiners was 8 minutes into the 2nd qtr.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We will get a much better feel for their progress this week. Chicago has a historically bad OL. We need to see both Verse and Fiske convert pressures to sacks.
Yeah I think our defensive front is going to dominate the Bears. Only way they get a win is if Caleb runs loose all day. And I doubt that will happen thanks to Murray.

Expect this will be our first game where our defense shows up big. The mismatch is significant up front.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
Every draft pundit: The trade up for Fiske was a colossal mistake!

That was the only thing I heard in every single post draft review this year.
Fiske was a great move, not only is he talented, hes played with Verse and has chemistry with him. Verse is AD like in his first few games. Almost same numbers too. Fiske Maybe a Support type player to Verse but we shall see. Both will only get better as the season goes on. Took about7 weeks( 6 games) for it to click with AD vs SEA (we have them week 9)

In 3 games of First season:
Tackles TFL QB hits Sacks
AD: 8 6 1 1
JV: 15 4 3 1

JV Needs Better Cleats

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
4 out of 5 DL are rookies or 2nd-year players, they still have a lot of headroom to get better. I think they are missing the on-field leadership of AD. I hear Verse is a natural leader and KT sure seems to be too but you don't make up for the loss of an AD on the field, his play aside his leadership and direction is missed.
I can almost hear him telling Verse hey kid great work but make sure you get your target, stay under control or whatever the wise words would be.

They will get there, I would love an established vet NT in the mix, I think it would have a huge impact
I thought it was interesting that both Hecht and Young used the jump chop, club, rip technique that AD used often. Quinn taught it to AD. My son uses it in high school football. Its a deadly technique but it takes some getting used to. I recall Fiske working with AD this summer also. I keep watching to see if he's using it but its been difficult to tell so far.