Rams Super Bowl Trivia

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Can you answer these without using Google? :thinking:
  1. Every Rams Super Bowl team has had a player with this last name. Can you identify the name and the 5 players?
  2. In last year’s Super Bowl, Odell Beckham, Jr., did something that only one other Ram, Cullen Bryant, has done. What did he do?
  3. Which Ram had the longest kickoff return (38 yards) in a Super Bowl?
  4. Which current Rams players could become the first to play in 3 Super Bowls for the team?
  5. Name 3 movies in which the Rams winning the Super Bowl is depicted or referenced.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Williams

Darious Williams
Jonah Williams
Grant Williams
Roland Williams
John Williams

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
  1. Every Rams Super Bowl team has had a player with this last name. Can you identify the name and the 5 players?
  2. In last year’s Super Bowl, Odell Beckham, Jr., did something that only one other Ram, Cullen Bryant, has done. What did he do?
  4. Which current Rams players could become the first to play in 3 Super Bowls for the team?
  5. Name 3 movies in which the Rams winning the Super Bowl is depicted or referenced.
1. I know at least 4 names but not 5... John Williams never played in the 1980 SB he was lost for the season w/injury around week 4 1979 I think? Trick question since he was on the roster at some point though...
2. Scored a TD on the Rams' first drive
3. Yo Murphy 2002 vs Pats
4. Donald, Havenstein, Scott
5. The one we all know with the guy from Bonnie & Clyde, hah never heard of the others

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
For the movies, it's Heaven Can Wait and American Underdog for sure. I'll guess "Invincible" if there's a reference in there (in the coda at end of movie) about Vermeil going on to win a Super Bowl with the Rams.

A fourth option: I distinctly remember in "Cast Away" that Helen Hunt's character informs Tom Hank's' character that the Titans lost the Super Bowl. I forget if she mentions if it was the Rams that beat 'em, though!

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I got Donald and Hav.

Higbee maybe?

The Williams question was a great one, @AvengerRam. Can't say I know who John Williams is though. I just think of him as the guy who composes movie music

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
For the movies, it's Heaven Can Wait and American Underdog for sure. I'll guess "Invincible" if there's a reference in there (in the coda at end of movie) about Vermeil going on to win a Super Bowl with the Rams.

A fourth option: I distinctly remember in "Cast Away" that Helen Hunt's character informs Tom Hank's' character that the Titans lost the Super Bowl. I forget if she mentions if it was the Rams that beat 'em, though!
So I did some research on google and found that at the end of the movie "Invincible", there is only a reference to Vermeil taking the Eagles to the SB in 1980. There is no reference to Vermeil and SB XXXIV.

As for "Cast Away", I found the scene on Youtube and my memory was correct-- Helen Hunt's character makes reference to the Tennessee Titans losing SB XXXIV, but she doesn't explicitly say the word "Rams." She says about the Titans, "It was so exciting. They almost won.. by one yard. One lousy yard right at the end."

Anyway, here's the scene, and the talk of football and SB XXXIV runs from 1:55 to 2:45 in the video.

I bet there's a different movie that references the Rams winning a SB more prominently than "Cast Away", but I can't think of one off the top of my head...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbw1OcujdjE

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bingo!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Troy Hill with Havs and AD.

And Wendell Tyler vs the Steelers.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
So besides Hav, Donald and Higbee, any other current Rams who were on the Rams for both Super Bowls 53 and 56? Can't think of any more based on memory alone...

Amazing, the rate of roster turnover in the NFL...

EDIT: So if the question is which current Rams PLAYED in both SB LIII and LVI, that's tough. Kupp missed LIII and (I forgot) Higbee missed LVI. I looked it up and see there are 3 other Rams that were on both SB season rosters. However, I'm still not sure who (besides Donald and Hav) actually PLAYED in both games AND are still on the roster. I'll wait and let someone else try to guess since I had to rely on google to remember everyone in the 2018 draft class...

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
For those who want the final name for #4, it’s:

Brian Allen - played 2 ST snaps against Patriots.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
1. I know at least 4 names but not 5... John Williams never played in the 1980 SB he was lost for the season w/injury around week 4 1979 I think? Trick question since he was on the roster at some point though...
Jonah Williams didn't play in the SB either. The question was "each Rams SB team has had a player with this last name", not that they played in the SB. That's the way I read it. I remembered John Williams because he started every game for the Rams from 1972-1978. He started 7 games in 1979 but was active for 12. BTW, I was wrong on Grant Williams. He didn't join the Rams until 2002.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
#2 is stumping me. They both didn't score on the first drive. Both scored on the Rams second drive. They both gave the Rams a lead. But so did Jeff Wilkins in SB34, as well as score on the Rams second drive.

Both scored on their first touch of the game?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
#2 is stumping me. They both didn't score on the first drive. Both scored on the Rams second drive. They both gave the Rams a lead. But so did Jeff Wilkins in SB34, as well as score on the Rams second drive.

Both scored on their first touch of the game?
Only Rams to score a TD in the FIRST QUARTER of a Super Bowl.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
2. completed a pass

Edit: OBJ pass incomplete to Akers, I think

Last edited: