Rams 'Strongly Considering' Khalil Mack at No. 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 being wildly optimistic:
Probably not going to need it if you believe my wife. Actually - the other day I was telling her that though it seems like she's saying it several times a day, I never get tired of hearing her say, "you're right". In my household that's always a popular way of acknowledging that she was wrong.
I think you should put all your eggs into the "secret handshake" basket. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::p

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not sure where you get that Clowney doesn't chase plays away from his side. Like I said, I'm not lobbying for the guy but I have watched a bunch of tape on both and I have seen him chase, fall back into coverage, stuff the run, etc. In fact, I have seen him chase many more away plays than Mack. My biggest knock on Clowney is that a smart Lineman can often use his speed against him to run him past the play. Kinda like Quinn as a rookie and even still though to a lesser extent.

I get it from watching him play. Are you sure you watched the right guy?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've seen the same. He "walks" back into the play quite a bit from what i've seen. He's a monster when the play is in front of him.
Mack > Clowney for me. Trade down my number one option.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've seen the same. He "walks" back into the play quite a bit from what i've seen. He's a monster when the play is in front of him.
Mack > Clowney for me(for additional reasons as well) . Trade down my number one option.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - he was the guy running down the RB from behind. Not saying he makes his living doing that but neither does Mack from what I've seen and he's a LB playing against the talent from that football hotbed known as the Mid-American Conference.

Doesn't really matter to me though. I don't want Clowney nor do I want Mack unless we pull of a pretty damn good trade to allow it to happen AND get some more picks. I will say though, if we are stuck at #2 and both Clowney and Mack are there, I would bet anyone that Clowney is ahead of Mack on our board.

That all said, give me some big time beef on that O-line.

Last edited:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Clowney would fail big time ugly in pass coverage at OLB.

I have no desire to see them draft Clooney, but would love Mack. This defense is not Fisher's anymore. Williams already stated that they would have to put differences behind them. I really think Williams will use the nickel less. And I really think a versatile OLB that can handle the run who's also solid against is the best option for this defense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah - he was the guy running down the RB from behind. Not saying he makes his living doing that but neither does Mack from what I've seen and he's a LB playing against the talent from that football hotbed known as the Mid-American Conference.

Doesn't really matter to me though. I don't want Clowney nor do I want Mack unless we pull of a pretty damn good trade to allow it to happen AND get some more picks. I will say though, if we are stuck at #2 and both Clowney and Mack are there, I would bet anyone that Clowney is ahead of Mack on our board.

That all said, give me some big time beef on that O-line.

There are a lot of talented football players from the MAC playing in the NFL

I prefer Mack over Clowney and posted at seasons end that he would be a good fit for he Rams, but really thought the teams need for a good OT would drive their preference for Matthews, the guy I want them to draft most. but lately there has Ben a lot of chatter that Mack, and Watkins are considered h two best players in the draft by many teams and the Rams did invite Mack to Rams park, so I was just trying to counter the common argument about him not getting enough playing for the Rams to take him with their first pick.

BadCompany

Rookie
Double trade back!! From 2 back to 4, and then back again to 6! QB goes #1, Cleveland trades up for Watkins, Jacksonville takes either Mack or Clowney, Atlanta trades up with us for whichever of Mack or Clowney is left, both tackles are still on the board at 5 and 6. We win! :LOL:

We're "interested" in so many guys other teams will have to trade up with us if they think we're going to take their guy. :ROFLMAO:

(I actually think we're staying at 2 and taking Matthews, but that's just me)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
There are a lot of talented football players from the MAC playing in the NFL

I prefer Mack over Clowney and posted at seasons end that he would be a good fit for he Rams, but really thought the teams need for a good OT would drive their preference for Matthews, the guy I want them to draft most. but lately there has Ben a lot of chatter that Mack, and Watkins are considered h two best players in the draft by many teams and the Rams did invite Mack to Rams park, so I was just trying to counter the common argument about him not getting enough playing for the Rams to take him with their first pick.

Yeah - I get yuh. I really want us to take care of the O-line. We have a golden opportunity to do just that. I realize that in doing so we may pass on some other elite talent but what draft can't you say that about. Maybe Mack will be a special player. If we do end up taking him, we all hope so. But long term, I think the answer right now for this team is to address the line and make it an actual strength. We have spent premium picks just about everywhere else on the team. Now let's bust some holes and make a clean pocket.