Rams stamp themselves as true Super Bowl contenders by blowing out Buccaneeers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's all of that but mostly it's the QB. Stafford is an upgrade. It's really that simple. I don't understand why this has been over analyzed here on this board. His pre snap reads, checks and command, his manipulation thru his reads, his feel for the rush, the ball gets out quicker and travels faster.
His reads are not giving him 3-4 seconds to go deep. They did that multiple times yesterday and he finally hit on one of them to Djax.

No question he can take a good offense and make it great, but the OL is allowing that to happen.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Yep, its all about staying healthy this yr. It's one of those yrs where the pieces are in place and just need to keep your main players healthy.
That's what Terry Bradshaw was saying yesterday that when you're around certain teams they just have that it factor and the Rams have "it" this year, a well oiled machine

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Can't overlook Arizona, they did beat a tough Tennessee team. Feels somewhat like a trap game after today's great win. Now is NO time to get complacent, especially with division rivals coming up. jmo.
I dunno Brotha... How can it be a trap game when it's a 3-0 division rival who is also playing great ball? Tough game and I'm sure our Rams will be well prepared.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dunno Brotha... How can it be a trap game when it's a 3-0 division rival who is also playing great ball? Tough game and I'm sure our Rams will be well prepared.

I'm sure it's just me and my own nervousness. This is our first divisional rival this season and the Cards are playing well, and my chief goals, however lofty, are that the Rams win our division outright, win the NFC for home field advantage throughout the playoffs, then a big win at the SoFi Super Bowl. I'm old, not sure how many more opportunities the Rams will have in my time, and right now the pieces are looking to be coming together in a way I haven't seen in many years, I just don't want to see any letdowns as this team appears to have all that's necessary to take this thing to the finish line. jmo.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There isn't another team on our schedule that I'm worried about, outside our division.

Division games are always tough, but we should be able to handle our foes.

Even in week 3, I feel like we are in the driver's seat.

I'm a little worried about @Minnesota and @Baltimore in back to back weeks. Tough places to play, Baltimore will be cold and both teams look to be pretty decent. A notch below the Rams to be sure, but back to back road games against decent teams is tough

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm a little worried about @Minnesota and @Baltimore in back to back weeks. Tough places to play, Baltimore will be cold and both teams look to be pretty decent. A notch below the Rams to be sure, but back to back road games against decent teams is tough
17-0 is unlikely, but we can certainly beat both of those teams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Remember Rich Gannon? Dude spent his first 12 seasons toiling away as a replacement-level quarterback in Minnesota, Washington and Kansas City, sometimes as a backup, other times as an underwhelming starter.

Then, at the age of 33, he moved to California to run Jon Gruden's innovative offense with the Oakland Raiders. Over the course of the next four years, Gannon made four Pro Bowls, was a first-team All-Pro twice and was league MVP once for an Oakland team that was a perennial contender.
Remember that year in KC when Elvis Grbac got hurt and Gannon came in and made them a different and more potent team? Then Schottenheimer like the dipshit he was elected to start Grbac in the playoffs because "He didn't lose his job due to injury." I swear that team if they had just started Gannon would have had a far stronger chance to advance.

So for me Gannon was showing quality QB play before he went to the Raiders. The guy was elevating players around him. It's just a shame that an otherwise good football coach like Schottenheimer wasn't strong enough to start the guy who deserved it IMO.

But I do agree with the article of course and think there are similarities. Truth is football is a team game and takes all 11. But some QBs elevate the guys around them and some QBs get elevated by the guys around them. What can make that hard to figure out is where that line is with a guy like Stafford who, when you watch his Detroit film, was doing special shit well before McVay moved for him.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Kudos to McSnead. They realized the need to upgrade at QB and they basically stole, yes I said, stole Matt Stafford. I knew he'd be good in this offense, but he's even better than I anticipated and he's a cerebral QB. Looked like GSOT yesterday.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kudos to McSnead. They realized the need to upgrade at QB and they basically stole, yes I said, stole Matt Stafford. I knew he'd be good in this offense, but he's even better than I anticipated and he's a cerebral QB. Looked like GSOT yesterday.

It's great to see Los Angeles as such a desirable destination for veteran players. From Whitworth to Ramsey to Stafford to DeSean Jackson, these guys have all expressed how happy they are wearing the Horns. And yes, kudos to McSnead for creating that atmosphere, it also doesn't hurt that they get to play in the 8'th wonder of the world, ... SoFi Stadium.
Looking forward to seeing who the next great vet free agent or traded for talent joins this awesome organization. jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It's great to see Los Angeles as such a desirable destination for veteran players. From Whitworth to Ramsey to Stafford to DeSean Jackson, these guys have all expressed how happy they are wearing the Horns. And yes, kudos to McSnead for creating that atmosphere, it also doesn't hurt that they get to play in the 8'th wonder of the world, ... SoFi Stadium.
Looking forward to seeing who the next great vet free agent or traded for talent joins this awesome organization. jmo.
You'll read some commentators on some boards and on twitter who say the Rams keep "disrespecting" players when they let them go... Gurley.. Cooks.. Goff...

Guess what? Look at the Rams roster and tell me what you think the Rams players think about the moves?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
You'll read some commentators on some boards and on twitter who say the Rams keep "disrespecting" players when they let them go... Gurley.. Cooks.. Goff...

Guess what? Look at the Rams roster and tell me what you think the Rams players think about the moves?
Thats funny…. Disrespected? Those dudes got PAID

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Came across this on the weekly pics (which have a ton of good ones btw) on the Rams' website. And it reminded me that we almost had a blocked punt in the game too...

1632769718712.png

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
after what we did to shady brady i am starting to wonder if goat means greatest of all time or if its just another way of saying who is going to win the super bowl.

as in goat = male ram.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
It’s early, but they are positioning themselves to make a run at home field advantage. With how loud Sofi is, Rams could have everything lined up for a favorable Super Bowl run.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Also, the Rams tend to develop and keep, so now we’ve got guys like SJD that MANY folks were saying was never gonna be more than a rotational backup and he’s balling out as the starting NT next to AD.

As an aside, I think we try and retain SJD. I think BB3 is more of a replacement for A’Shawn Robinson

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'm sure it's just me and my own nervousness. This is our first divisional rival this season and the Cards are playing well, and my chief goals, however lofty, are that the Rams win our division outright, win the NFC for home field advantage throughout the playoffs, then a big win at the SoFi Super Bowl. I'm old, not sure how many more opportunities the Rams will have in my time, and right now the pieces are looking to be coming together in a way I haven't seen in many years, I just don't want to see any letdowns as this team appears to have all that's necessary to take this thing to the finish line. jmo.

I think the Rams proved they are legit. The cards are 3-0 but the Rams played tougher competition than the cards thus far.

I'm hoping the she pigeons are desperate and will win this week, making them and the whiners 2-2.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Came across this on the weekly pics (which have a ton of good ones btw) on the Rams' website. And it reminded me that we almost had a blocked punt in the game too...
One of my favorite plays of the game was Sony Michel out of nowhere picking up a blitzer heading straight at Stafford, then sending the guy flying off at a 90 degree angle about ten feet though the air and so far away he landed out of the camera image.

That says a lot about Michel. He's the real deal.

Maybe someone can find a still of this?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Rams PFF grades: Best and worst performers vs. Buccaneers​

• Cameron DaSilva
    Mon, September 27, 2021, 12:38 PM

426729dc684d46fb5b7cc2fe541f1a48

The Rams notched their biggest win of the young season on Sunday when they beat the Buccaneers 34-24 at SoFi Stadium. They made the victory look easy, cruising in the final 25 minutes or so and never trailing once in the game.

Pro Football Focus handed out grades for each player who took a snap in the win, and we broke them down below on offense and defense. The defensive line received some high praise from PFF, as did the Rams’ offensive line for its performance against a good Buccaneers front.
    Top 3 offense
    ccdd1897fa10f78acb9cf6e14f45d3fc

(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
    • RG Austin Corbett: 83.8
    • WR DeSean Jackson: 82.4
    • RT Rob Havenstein: 75.2
    Three of the Rams’ five highest-graded players on offense were linemen, which is an indication of just how well the big men up front played against a good Bucs defensive line. Matthew Stafford was pressured 12 times in the game but he was hit just three times and sacked once. David Edwards and Andrew Whitworth combined to allow seven of the 12 pressures, with Havenstein giving up three, too. But all five starters had run-block grades of at least 63.1.
    Top 3 defense
    8fbd3855971feab4706adb65c8f03302

(AP Photo/Kevork Djansezian)When Tom Brady leads the team in rushing, you know the defensive line is going to get much-deserved credit. All five of the Rams’ highest-graded defenders were players in the front seven, led by Donald, Robinson and Floyd. Donald and Floyd had five pressures and one sack each, according to PFF, while Robinson earned an 83.9 run defense grade to lead the Rams.
    Bottom 3 offense
    ba6993a8aec10733e341bf0630e3ddf6

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
    • TE Johnny Mundt: 61.7
    • TE Tyler Higbee: 58.6
    • WR Robert Woods: 57.8
    Woods has not gotten off to the best start this season. He caught just three of his six targets for 33 yards, most of which came on a 20-yard reception. Woods added another drop to his season total and gained only 8 yards after the catch, though that’s not entirely his fault. The tight ends didn’t grade out particularly well, either, despite the fact that Higbee caught five passes for 40 yards and one touchdown. He did fumble it once, which weighed down his overall grade. Mundt wasn’t targeted but held up well in pass protection.
    Bottom 3 defense
    dba64a03aac415bb9f39f153b438892f

Trevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY Sports
    • DE Michael Hoecht: 52.9
    • S Taylor Rapp: 42.1
    • S Nick Scott: 40.5
    It was a rough afternoon for two of the Rams’ top three safeties. Rapp and Scott earned poor grades from Pro Football Focus, particularly in coverage where their grades were 41.4 and 45.3, respectively. Hoeched played 19 snaps and rushed the passer 14 times, but he didn’t generate a single pressure or record a tackle. The Rams need better play from their safeties, otherwise it might be time to give Terrell Burgess some reps back there after he was blanked on the snap sheet again.
    Other notables
    b6d7fe315e1044aca430564842468078

(Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
    • QB Matthew Stafford: 73.8
    • WR Cooper Kupp: 72.5
    • CB Jalen Ramsey: 65.1
    • RB Sony Michel: 63.2
    • LB Kenny Young: 62.8
    Stafford had the fourth-highest offensive grade on the team, his third straight game with a grade between 73 and 80. He currently owns a career-best 82.7 offensive grade this season, a trend that should continue as the year progresses. Kupp earned the sixth-best grade on offense for his nine-catch, 96-yard game with two more touchdowns. He’s the third-highest graded receiver in the NFL with at least 10 targets. Ramsey and Young both played relatively well, as reflected by their grades from PFF. However, PFF says Ramsey allowed eight catches on 10 targets for 75 yards, and Young gave up 12 catches on 12 targets for 95 yards. Michel stepped up in Darrell Henderson Jr.’s place, rushing for 67 yards on 20 carries, with another 12 yards receiving on three catches.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Guessing Burgess will start getting some def snaps. Need his coverage ability.