Rams snap counts vs Bengals ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Let OC Mike LaFluer call the offensive plays and have McVay become more of a traditional H.C. McVay needs to lower his stress level and stop micromanaging his offense, ... his career and mental health may depend on it.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The game really turned when Jackson went down. Do we have another injury prone player we can't rely on? I hope not. Because its clear we have no decent depth behind him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Rookies keep producing and keep growing.
Young is a real player, it seems.

I mean.. 4 *good* starters in one draft without a first rounder? That's impressive. And we're still waiting to see what the others have to offer.

Oh, and Evans punts AND kickoffs.. impressive.

Add to that second year guys playing pretty well.. the roster reset is going well. Huge FA money next year and another full draft class could be huge.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The game really turned when Jackson went down. Do we have another injury prone player we can't rely on? I hope not. Because its clear we have no decent depth behind him.

I just don't understand why Noteboom didn't return to LT with Zach Thomas taking over at RG. Seems Dotson should also be made available at RG and Arcuri or McClendon backing up LT if Noteboom isn't doing it.
jmo.

TexasRam

Legend
Durants play is getting concerning. So is Fullers..

But the fab 5 rookies have now notched 3 straight solid games.

We are talented enough to win 10 games. Going to come down to keeping that Oline healthy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4th year on the team and Hopkins gets 2 snaps. GTFO

Psycho_X

Legend
We're kinda stuck with what we got at this point. Hoecht is an ok rotational talent but being a reliable starter doesn't seem wise at this point. Maybe Mathis can come in a few weeks and show something? Can yet another rookie be a miracle starter for us this year? If he ends up being good we'll end up with one of the best first year draft classes ever lol. Hampton has shown nothing even in preseason and I like Keir Thomas but for some reason the coaches don't like something he's doing outside of preseason games because he keeps getting buried to the practice squad. Likely will have to just make due barring some Snead magic acquiring someone like Burns finally.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We're kinda stuck with what we got at this point. Hoecht is an ok rotational talent but being a reliable starter doesn't seem wise at this point. Maybe Mathis can come in a few weeks and show something? Can yet another rookie be a miracle starter for us this year? If he ends up being good we'll end up with one of the best first year draft classes ever lol. Hampton has shown nothing even in preseason and I like Keir Thomas but for some reason the coaches don't like something he's doing outside of preseason games because he keeps getting buried to the practice squad. Likely will have to just make due barring some Snead magic acquiring someone like Burns finally.

As much as I'd love to see Snead pull off a team friendly deal for an elite Edge Rusher in the next week or two, I'm thinking it's just not in the cards until we hit free agency 2024. In the meantime, there must be an available cheap free agent who can improve on our Hoecht situation, even if just for the remainder of this season. I might give consideration to someone like Ben Banogu, the 2019 2'nd rounder who had 2 1/2 sacks as a rookie with 271 snaps and has barely seen the field since then.
Mathis has the frame you want in an Edge OLB, but will we see him anytime soon ? I'm sure we don't want to aggravate that knee, and even if ready to come off of IR, being a rookie missing the pre-season will likely necessitate a lengthy period to get up to speed. I don't really expect to see him until after the BYE week, if then.
A cheap veteran alternative to Hoecht may not be the best answer to our problem, but there has to be something we can do.
jmo.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
We need to try someone else because right now Hoecht is hurting the team when he's playing. At least rotate Zach or Thomas in there but do something. It might not be better but you have to atleast try.

JRobinson

MiLB

100%. That’s when the offense began to really struggle.

Still shocked at how much we relied on the pass and not run the dang ball. Pissed