Rams sign TE

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
If he can block, catch, run routes. Yay. I know nothing but I do know we need TE depth.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
There are multiple athletes out there named Nikola Kalinic. There's a Serbian basketball player, a Croatian soccer player and this guy. Nikola Kalinic in Serbia and Croatia must be like Bob Smith here in the U.S.

Anyway, this guy is already 26. He's a Canadian, and played at York University in Toronto. Played a couple years in the CFL, and was with the Colts (Practice Squad and 53-man roster) last season.

Conclusion ... the NFL might as well just hand the Rams the Lombardi Trophy.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
His dad was Ivan Drago’s sparring partner in 1985 according to the snarky response I just came up with, and which you just read, much to your delight or chagrin, depending on your proclivities towards whimsical randomness.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think he played a year maybe two in the CFL. He wasn't a standout by any measure. He was on the Colts PS last year but released at the end of the season. So yeah he looks like camp fodder at this point.

That said I like the TEs they have and with Allen, and Long I think they have their #! & 2 TE for next year. I really like Allen, but Long definitely has potential. Hopkins looks like a stereotypical #3TE at this point if he even makes the roster this year.

I wasn't kidding when I said they could go with Allen, Long and Hopkins this year. If they released Higbee, they would recoup $6.7M on the cap. He's gone next year anyway. At his age he won't garner the Rams a comp pick.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they released Higbee, they would recoup $6.7M on the cap
For 2023...
They would still take an additional dead cap hit of near 3 mill in 2024
So an overall 3+ mill "saved" over 2 years while leaving the TE role in the hands of 3 guys with a combined 9 catches in 5 seasons?
Talk about penny wise and dollar foolish

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopkins gonna be feelin the heat this year.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
He could give Christian Sims some competition for our practice squad TE. Sims is a bit undersized for TE.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Hopkins gonna be feelin the heat this year.
I'd say Hopkins and Rochelle have the hottest seats coming in to camp in terms of guys who've been on the team. I'd add Allen to that as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd say Hopkins and Rochelle have the hottest seats coming in to camp in terms of guys who've been on the team. I'd add Allen to that as well.
Yeah and it's good for both of them. If either make the team they'll be better for it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Allen? He has been a Ram for how Long. Yeah-Long ? Get it-lol

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah and it's good for both of them. If either make the team they'll be better for it.
He named 3 players.

—IMO it will come down to special teams with all of them.
What position is Ben Sko?He did a lot for The Rams last season as far as the little thing.He just isn’t a good WR(ball catcher).

Don’t know much about Mike Lafluer offense,but from the looks of it there might be more 12 man offensive sets in 2023.
If you go back to the Denver Game the O’ really clicked.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams sign TE Nikolai Kalenic. 6'5', 256lbs. What do we know about this guy?
According to the league’s transactions wire, the Tennessee Titans had CFL tight end Nikola Kalinic in for a tryout on Thursday.

A former second-round pick in the 2019 CFL draft, Kalinic has played in 30 games over two seasons for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, reeling in 23 receptions for 192 yards and two touchdowns.

Here’s more information on Kalinic, according to John Hodge of 3DownNation, who first reported the tryout.

The six-foot-four, 255-pound native of Toronto is an impact blocker and plays consistently on special teams, notching eight special teams tackles in 2021. He has experience at slotback, tight end, H-back, and fullback and has appeared in back-to-back Grey Cup games.
Kalinic will be a CFL free agent in February but can sign with an NFL team at any time if offered a contract.

The Titans are a bit thin at the tight end position at the moment after the season-ending injury to MyCole Pruitt, and it’s a position the team must address during the offseason.

As far as Kalinic goes, it remains to be seen if Tennessee views the tight end as someone who could potentially help them right now, or if the idea is to sign him to a futures deal for next season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Nikola Kalinic is an outstanding blocker so if the Rams go with 4 TE's this could be the guy who is active on game day because of his ability to block & play special teams.

USATSI_17309815.jpg