Rams Sign TE Kyle Markway

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I didn't see lazy blocking he did a lot of pull type blocks and was fine. Not the best guy in space. Might be a nice fullback type, that may be what McVay sees idk. They're not gonna rank this guy out based on his receiving ability though, he's definitely a blocking TE.

Lmao - of course you don’t know.That has been obvious for awhile around here & a well known fact.

Joking in a lot of ways.Your theory’s do stick every once in awhile.

The video of J. Harris tells me a little bit about this young group of rookies coming in & there positive energy level. I’ll add later though.

This guy Harris though was a True steal in 2021 draft.A Mcvay type because of his above the shoulders thinking.

Johnny Mundt if you listen to Harris was part of Higbee reaching out as well.

Hopkins is so underrated as well.I’m guessing on that though. Just going to SOFI OTA’s he stands out as a player.
—Blanton is going into his 3rd season & he probably gets cut & claimed ? We’ll see in the preseason.

-Your Larky is just that,if even that ? A JAP who The Rams might be going away from that type of player ?

He fits as a practice squad guy & has upside ? Johnny Mundt is moving up & maybe beyond(be gone) in 2022.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jake Funk is another guy who gets it & Harris will be tight with.
Saw the video(interview), & they all came into training camp together.

I know this is a TE just signing a JAP thread,but still just a place to voice my opinion.

Merlin - you have been against the O’line & a lot of wanting The Rams to draft a OLINEMAN. I’m worried about Austin Corbett,only because he won’t get preseason Reps & The Rams put into claim a Center.

I’ve watched The O’Line as well & my view on Funk is he will be good for the group & his vision & smarts will separate him a little.Then again the group will grow together & benefit.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Looking forward to Perkins & Devlin to battle.Devlin seems to be a character & won’t be afraid of the
but embrace it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looking forward to Perkins & Devlin to battle.Devlin seems to be a character & won’t be afraid of the
but embrace it.

Not sure it will be much of a battle, IMO, Perkins offers something the Rams don't have in a dual threat QB, as to Hodges, he struggled in Pittsburgh, but you never know with Quarterbacks the light could come on. In the end I believe the Rams are set at QB barring injury, they have their stud in Stafford and a viable backup in Wolford and hopefully the continued development of Perkins to get him ready maybe in 2022 as a viable backup QB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure it will be much of a battle, IMO, Perkins offers something the Rams don't have in a dual threat QB, as to Hodges, he struggled in Pittsburgh, but you never know with Quarterbacks the light could come on. In the end I believe the Rams are set at QB barring injury, they have their stud in Stafford and a viable backup in Wolford and hopefully the continued development of Perkins to get him ready maybe in 2022 as a viable backup QB.
Your probably more than right.He Hodges seems to have a little chip on his shoulder.He was with some of these new rookies coming in.I think QB’s have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to the offense though.
Perkins imo could get claimed after the preseason if he doesn’t beat of Wolford.Can’t see Wolford on the practice squad ? I just like having competition & a solid 53 & 16 practice squad ??
I like preseason football & the 2020 practice squad numbers.Will that be a thing again in 2021

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Full back hybrid player? Since we will be missing the fluidity of Akers, I can see him moving people out of Hendersons and companies way.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Camp body/potential depth down the road.

With the Rams looking at possibly playing as many as 20 games this year, every one of those 90 players in camp has a shot at being added to the team in some capacity, at some point, during what would be the the most grueling SB run in history.

Coupling that with the lack of proven commodities at TE, his signing is still significant.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Camp body/potential depth down the road.

With the Rams looking at possibly playing as many as 20 games this year, every one of those 90 players in camp has a shot at being added to the team in some capacity, at some point, during what would be the the most grueling SB run in history.

Coupling that with the lack of proven commodities at TE, his signing is still significant.

LMAO - yeah sure. Practice squad team matters ? He will only make it if it’s the 16. Blanton is going to be tough to move ahead of. You’ll see that in the preseason. Wes has had him for 2 years already.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I don’t expect him to move ahead of any of our TEs at this point.

My point was that it is gonna be a long season and every player coming into camp and gets cut could still have a chance of getting called back during the year.
...and yes, even if it’s only for the PS (because someone else got called up). I don’t see why that is funny.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Player Bio

Coming out of St. Louis, Markway hoped to make a big impact for the Gamecocks early in his career. He played in all 12 games, even earning one start (three receptions, 57 yards, 19.0 average), but then the injury bug bit him. His 2016 season was lost to a foot injury and and his 2017 campaign was cut short after two games due to a rib injury suffered against his home-state Missouri Tigers. Markway returned to play in all 13 games in 2018 (three receptions, 53 yards, 17.7 average, one touchdown, one start) before finally getting his chance to be a regular contributor in the passing game the following fall. He started all 12 games for South Carolina, catching 31 passes for 349 yards (11.3 per) and two touchdowns.

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Priority free agent
NFL Comparison
Ben Koyack

Overview
He has average size, below-average experience and production and his effort level was a little hot and cold as a blocker. However, he's instinctive as a pass-catcher and flashed enough on tape for consideration as an in-line or move tight end. Markway needs a basic route tree consisting of zone-beaters, quick curls, play-action drags and basic outs and more technique work as a blocker. He has a shot to make a roster as a third- fourth-string TE.

Strengths
  • Found added level of aggressiveness later in the 2019 season
  • Initial strike is usually centered and has some pop
  • Will work with some strain at point of attack
  • Used for in-line combo blocks and to stalk and sustain for receiver screens
  • Snaps head around from route breaks to locate throws
  • Admirable catch focus through traffic
  • Ability to drop low and pull throws off the turf
  • Sinks into space and presents quickly
  • Quick to pluck, tuck and run
Weaknesses
  • Just 14 career starts and one year of production
  • Missed 2016 and most of 2017 with injuries
  • Slow getting off the slot and into routes
  • Release can be clogged by route redirection
  • Needs better use of frame to protect catch-point underneath
  • No wiggle and all brawn in his run after catch
  • Too upright and straight-kneed as run blocker
  • Put some lackadaisical run-blocking tape out early in 2019 season

He looks like a camp body to me.

Hope I'm wrong but this does not look like a diamond in the rough signing.

vector-sorry-symbol-stock-image-54599353.jpg

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
He looks like a camp body to me.

Hope I'm wrong but this does not look like a diamond in the rough signing.

vector-sorry-symbol-stock-image-54599353.jpg
I know but if the rams sign them, we will post it. Just cause you never know.
And there is not a lot to choose from on the info front at the moment.