Rams sign Leonard Floyd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
When they have you sign a one year prove it deal they have to agree to pay a little extra to keep you from moving to a team for multiple years.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So does this mean that Fowler will walk?

KJD_Ram

Rookie
I assume the new DC knows LF pretty well...if he's good with it so am I...I watch a lot of Bear games since my wife is a fan...when he WANTS to he can wreak havoc, but he can also disappear....so, I'm sure the 1 year deal is a prove it towards a longer deal...

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
He seems to be more well-rounded than Fowler, especially against the run. If Matthews sticks around that makes 3 versatile OLBs on the roster. Possibly 4 with Patrick.(y)

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
This cements the expectations of the Rams playing the comp pick game. Solid move.

A good game to play if you ask me. While I liked all three of the big names we have lost in FA so far, none of those guys were the types of cornerstones you build around (e.g., AD and Ramsey). You lock up the cornerstones, and if the other guys get too expensive, you let them walk and reap the comp picks.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With our luck, Rams will rehab his career and he'll be getting signed by ATL next year for 16 mil a year...
And we'll get a 3rd rd pick. Sounds good.
It would be worse if he sucks and we wasted $10mil.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Check out Floyd and then compare to Fowler before he came to us - almost identical. I'm so stoked about this move.

AlphaRam

Rookie
Pleased with this. The fact that Staley was his position coach speaks volumes to me. Released by Chicago so doesn't count against the comp pick formula. And like Fowler last season he'll have the benefit of playing with AD. Win all round.

To be fair he had the benefit of playing opposite Khalil Mack and had Akiem Hicks in the middle and it didn't do much for him. He was the fifth least double teamed EDGE player last year with Chicago* and didn't produce the numbers you hoped with getting so many one on ones.

1584560037785.png
*through 14 weeks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair he had the benefit of playing opposite Khalil Mack and had Akiem Hicks in the middle and it didn't do much for him. He was the fifth least double teamed EDGE player last year with Chicago* and didn't produce the numbers you hoped with getting so many one on ones.

View attachment 34603
*through 14 weeks.

What's interesting is that his best seasons came before Mack got there.

This is an outstanding signing IMO.

dang

Legend
Good pickup with a higher ceiling. only one year commitment. Gives Rams more $$$ for other players than if they signed Fowler.

TexasRam

Legend
I get the whole potential thing. But 10 Million for a guy that has very poor production is idiotic. Meanwhile you let NRC go for less than 4m.

geez Louise.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good. He's a versatile player who won't cost us a comp pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
A good game to play if you ask me. While I liked all three of the big names we have lost in FA so far, none of those guys were the types of cornerstones you build around (e.g., AD and Ramsey). You lock up the cornerstones, and if the other guys get too expensive, you let them walk and reap the comp picks.
Within reason I agree. Exceptions being attracting outside FAs... When you can get a top player for whom you have zero concerns with his compete level once he gets paid. In those situations sign him.

Play the game right and you can give yourself a little more wiggle room wrt whiffing on a high pick here and there. Or trading them away lol.

AlphaRam

Rookie
Good pickup with a higher ceiling. only one year commitment. Gives Rams more $$$ for other players than if they signed Fowler.
28 years old in September. 11.5 sacks in the last three years on 2274 snaps. Not sure how high that ceiling goes....