Rams Sign DB Nate Holley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sure appears that the 2017 Ram safety unit will possibly undergo some serious modifications in 2018. Snead has given Wade seven new prospects to analyze now with this new addition of rookie Nate Holley.

Nate Holley 6-0/209
Chucky Williams 6-0/210
Steven Parker 6-1/210
Afolabi Laguda 6-1/214
Travin Howard 6-1/219
Ramon Richards 5-11/188
Curtis Mikell 5-8/170

Our two starting safeties sure look to be set as starters, however the 3 returning 2016/2017 reserves of Marqui Christian 23/3, Blake Countess 23/3 & Isaiah Johnson 26/3 appear to be in trouble. None of the 3 reserves played well in 2017. Christian was a 5th rd pick of the Eagles & Countess was a 6th rd pick of the Cards in 2016. Johnson was a WWC. There does not seem to be any up side to any of these three young veterans.

There is some positive stuff if the Rams were to replace these three with 3 of the above 7 rookies in the cap. Joyner, Countess & Johnson will be involved in free agency in about 8 months. Snead & Demoff seem to be looking @ a major overhaul in this unit. to make better use of cap funds to loosen up for the very big upcoming contracts. Joyner needs to redo his contract yesterday if he wants to be retained as a future Ram.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
In related news, he has more legal woes coming up. Apparently, when his ex GF asked if she looked fat in a new outfit, he said yes. He could face 12 to 25 years for telling the truth.
That's all! I got a life sentence from my wife.:dizzy:

Ram65

Legend
Well he apparently added a few pounds and grew another inch. He sure seems to play bigger than he is but it’s hard to really say without being able to compare him with better film against NFL caliber players. Still - think about Joyner’s size and how he plays. That guy puts heads on swivels.

Holley did get a chance to show some of his skills during Kent State's pro day in March before scouts from 10 different NFL teams. He signed in at 6-0, 209 pounds and ran a 4.58 40.

I missed that in the second article. Decent size and speed. Compares to John Johnson's combine numbers at 6'0', 208 Lbs and ran a 4.60 40.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/john-johnson?id=2558183

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
xaovlqru0cqn7nrhwu9c.jpg

Nate Holley and Nick Holley at a Playground Build(Jeff Lewis/Rams)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good luck breaking into Rams group of DB's. He'll need a ton of it.

Agreed. He's already behind the curve. But he'll get some snaps vs depth in the final two games and at least put film out there.

Intriguing signing, but man. This is a tough backfield to break into.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
What a great story. Great drive and inspiration.

I hope there is room for both. PS?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
The only one who stands a chance of making the 53 is Nate the DB. But if neither one does I would expect to see them on the PS.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can I have the CliffsNotes? Is it 100% clear he is innocent?

No idea. But he went to trial, and the jury acquitted him. He's, at minimum, not guilty under the eyes of the law.