Rams sign CB Sam Shields

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm always hesitant with a player that's had this kind of concussion problem. Yes he's done well when healthy but there's such a rusk to the player after having missed a year to them.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm always hesitant with a player that's had this kind of concussion problem. Yes he's done well when healthy but there's such a rusk to the player after having missed a year to them.
It can't hurt to have the Dr.'s look at him and the Coaches run him through his paces!(y);)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
30 years old and 5 concussions later ... this is an example of why the NFL is a danger for guys who play too long. He was very good in his time, i'd rather he skipped one more year in he NFL and enjoy his retirement in relatively good health. jmo

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It can't hurt to have the Dr.'s look at him and the Coaches run him through his paces!(y);)
Sure until the docs clear him when they shouldn't and that next concussion scrambles his eggs and everybody remembers it was the Rams who did it to him. Hard pass for me on players with this serious of a concussion problem.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Sure until the docs clear him when they shouldn't and that next concussion scrambles his eggs and everybody remembers it was the Rams who did it to him. Hard pass for me on players with this serious of a concussion problem.

It would be the Rams who did it to him? How so?
I'm pretty sure it's him on the field and his ultimate decision to play the game of football. I'm not sure why people keep on choosing to blame the organizations or the NFL because people have long term injuries in a very violent sport.

Take myself as an example, I train and teach Kickboxing/judo/jujitsu. I've been knocked out, broken limbs and torn tendons. I don't blame my coaches/doctors/ or training facilities for letting me train and fight. It's my choice and no one else's.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Take myself as an example, I train and teach Kickboxing/judo/jujitsu. I've been knocked out, broken limbs and torn tendons. I don't blame my coaches/doctors/ or training facilities for letting me train and fight. It's my choice and no one else's.

In 20 years from now you might wish someone had.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Why I can't take responsibility for my own actions???? Lol

Ultimately, we all usually do.
Thing is, most everyone between their Teens & 40's believe they are invincible. Eventually, most of us fortunate enough to live long lives will feel some chronic pain from errors in judgement we may have inflicted upon ourselves when younger. jmo.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Thing is, most everyone between their Teens & 40's believe they are invincible. Eventually, most of us fortunate enough to live long lives will feel some chronic pain from errors in judgement we may have inflicted upon ourselves when younger. jmo.

It still doesnt change the fact that it's my choice.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would be okay w/ Shields being our dime CB. I'm sure his price tag will be cheap

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We took in an old, concussion prone player before when we signed Welker. This situation isn’t much different.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
As long as he js cleared I am all for depth in the secondary . Hope this doesn' have anything to do with NRC. We need him back!

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality

I never looked at it as "errors in judgement". It's living life. Yeah, there are things that hurt now, but youth was a blast. Never surrender today on a tomorrow that isn't guaranteed.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It would be the Rams who did it to him? How so?
I'm pretty sure it's him on the field and his ultimate decision to play the game of football. I'm not sure why people keep on choosing to blame the organizations or the NFL because people have long term injuries in a very violent sport.

Jiu Jitsu? What school? Gracie? RMNU? Tenth Planet? Something else?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I used to train triathlon and off and on train BJJ.

First thing I verified with my coach was "are you willing to shut me down if I'm overdoing it...because I will"

I've overdone it several times and he's been there every time to shut me down when I need it. Once my competitive juices are flowing, I'll keep going.

I'll tap rather than nap, but I'll also do that extra roll that has me in distress.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

I used to train triathlon and off and on train BJJ.

First thing I verified with my coach was "are you willing to shut me down if I'm overdoing it...because I will overdo it"

I've overdone it several times and he's been there every time to shut me down when I need it. Once my competitive juices are flowing, I'll keep going.

tbux

Rookie
Watched boxing my whole life- and one thing I know- once you suffer a serious concussion= you are NEVER the same again. best example is Roy Jones Jr. 5 concussions is a lot- NO WAY I sign him- matter of time before he misses significant time IMO=- only gets worse and concussions are more easily had after first bad one. No way.